+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse open work permit from india. september 2020

Chetan98781

Feb 23, 2021
You guys need to understand that OWP is not their priority for now. With unemployment at its highest, logically the Canadian Government would want their citizens/PR to get a job first as they are already there paying taxes and would not want to create more competition for them allowing more candidates in the country on OWP, at least till June- July 2021. The Government opened the Student Visa as that brings in all the revenue for the country and funds these colleges so much so that they allowed the students to do online classes even before the visa is approved and have also assured them OWP at the end of their study regardless of studies conducted in Canada or Online as they are getting the inflow of funds required to sustain this education business.
Like it or not, sadly this is the reality.
If thats reality then they should pass this information to people who lodged files. If they don't want to process then they should not take files , but they are still allowing to apply.. Why? Whey people should live in world of false hopes if they don't want to do anything.. that's not fair or that's not the way to handle things. Proper information should be given to applicants regarding their files. Even If OWP is not priority they should make some changes in program because I am sure there will be lots of people whose spouse study or work permits will be about to expire soon.. Who is responsible for that? Work permit processing time was only 5 weeks when applicants applied but they are waiting from 8-10 months.. I don't think so that is acceptable in any manner.

Reactions: ayushmaanpatel

Funk Wizard

Mar 6, 2021
If thats reality then they should pass this information to people who lodged files. If they don't want to process then they should not take files , but they are still allowing to apply.. Why? Whey people should live in world of false hopes if they don't want to do anything.. that's not fair or that's not the way to handle things. Proper information should be given to applicants regarding their files. Even If OWP is not priority they should make some changes in program because I am sure there will be lots of people whose spouse study or work permits will be about to expire soon.. Who is responsible for that? Work permit processing time was only 5 weeks when applicants applied but they are waiting from 8-10 months.. I don't think so that is acceptable in any manner.
I just wanted to say that that is one reason the files are delayed, everyone is free to apply but the results will all be delayed till the time the situation is better. I understand and acknowledge the fact that there would be a lot of spouse's whose study or work permits will expire soon due to this delay but this is just unfortunate as no one expected the restrictions to extend this long. Also, IRCC does give you an option to apply for a study permit and spouse visa together, however, most people and consultants prefer to do it separately for the fear of one being affected by the other thus fear of rejection and when you apply separately, there can be unexpected problems like this.

The fact remains that even if the student visa or their work permit is going to expire if the primary applicant does qualify for PR they can still call their spouses later on OWP so again there is no rush. The debate can go on and on, but the fact remains, whatsoever may be the reason for the delay, there is nothing much one can do apart from wait and hope the permit is approved in time.

Chetan98781

Feb 23, 2021
I just wanted to say that that is one reason the files are delayed, everyone is free to apply but the results will all be delayed till the time the situation is better. I understand and acknowledge the fact that there would be a lot of spouse's whose study or work permits will expire soon due to this delay but this is just unfortunate as no one expected the restrictions to extend this long. Also, IRCC does give you an option to apply for a study permit and spouse visa together, however, most people and consultants prefer to do it separately for the fear of one being affected by the other thus fear of rejection and when you apply separately, there can be unexpected problems like this.

The fact remains that even if the student visa or their work permit is going to expire if the primary applicant does qualify for PR they can still call their spouses later on OWP so again there is no rush. The debate can go on and on, but the fact remains, whatsoever may be the reason for the delay, there is nothing much one can do apart from wait and hope the permit is approved in time.
My debate is not with you my friend.. you can say that its frustration which is coming out now against the IRCC, the way they are working its just making life miserable for people like us. Yes I know there is an option to apply at same time when your spouse applies for study visa? But it don't apply to all cases because some people marry before visa or after visa. Everybody have their different story . Only thing common here is every body have some hopes for their future to be with their loved ones. No one wants to live separate for years.

Lets see what happens and what is stored for us. Thanks for your views.

We will not lose hope , something good will come soon.

Reactions: Funk Wizard

Funk Wizard

Mar 6, 2021
My debate is not with you my friend.. you can say that its frustration which is coming out now against the IRCC, the way they are working its just making life miserable for people like us. Yes I know there is an option to apply at same time when your spouse applies for study visa? But it don't apply to all cases because some people marry before visa or after visa. Everybody have their different story . Only thing common here is every body have some hopes for their future to be with their loved ones. No one wants to live separate for years.

Lets see what happens and what is stored for us. Thanks for your views.

We will not lose hope , something good will come soon.
Best wishes to you and all the others who are waiting for approval. Keep us posted :)

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
You guys need to understand that OWP is not their priority for now. With unemployment at its highest, logically the Canadian Government would want their citizens/PR to get a job first as they are already there paying taxes and would not want to create more competition for them allowing more candidates in the country on OWP, at least till June- July 2021. The Government opened the Student Visa as that brings in all the revenue for the country and funds these colleges so much so that they allowed the students to do online classes even before the visa is approved and have also assured them OWP at the end of their study regardless of studies conducted in Canada or Online as they are getting the inflow of funds required to sustain this education business.
Like it or not, sadly this is the reality.
Let's talk about reality:
1. Sowp applications are still accepted by IRCC
2. Those who have applied for SOWP in 2020 and 2021, there are applications which are approved ( many already travelled, many still waiting due to Covid restrictions)
3. IRCC cannot reject applications stating that there is unemployment. Hence all applications will be processed
4. IRCC is working with limited staff and very soon the pending OWP applications will be processed.
5. If the application if from India (CIC Delhi) city unlock is beginning June 7, 2021. Those application which exceeds processing time can raise a webform to get to know the status which mostly is not reflecting in the ircc website.