+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit for March 2018

Darrav25

May 29, 2018
Hi

Is there anyone applied for SOWP from India between dates 23-31 March 2018 and received application response? Refused or Visa granted?

From what I could observe, there's a considerable delay in processing of the applications since March, which is definitely an aberration from the preceding period.

Plz update...

parthmech19

May 16, 2018
Hi

Is there anyone applied for SOWP from India between dates 23-31 March 2018 and received application response? Refused or Visa granted?

From what I could observe, there's a considerable delay in processing of the applications since March, which is definitely an aberration from the preceding period.

Plz update...
Finally got passport request today. Applied on March 26 with upfront medical.

Sanish

Jun 8, 2018
Hi, i am new here and want to know something regarding sowp , my husband sponsored my PR in Oct 2017. In 20th March 2018, I applied Sowp. On April 9, I got a medical request for my PR application and i gave the medical in a week. Now, I have been requested for a medical for my open work permit application. My question is: Can I use the previous medical (which I gave almost two months ago) for open work permit? If yes, then how can I upload the proof of medical exam because there is no option of uploading anything in the online application. Should I email CIC? Should I do a case specific inquiry?

Sanish

Jun 8, 2018
Hi, my husband sponsored my PR in Oct 2017. In March 2018, I applied for open work permit for spouse. On April 9, I got a medical request for my PR application and i gave the medical in a week. Now, I have been requested for a medical for my open work permit application. My question is: Can I use the previous medical (which I gave almost two months ago) for open work permit? If yes, then how can I upload the proof of medical exam because there is no option of uploading anything in the online application. Should I email CIC? Should I do a case specific inquiry?

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, my husband sponsored my PR in Oct 2017. In March 2018, I applied for open work permit for spouse. On April 9, I got a medical request for my PR application and i gave the medical in a week. Now, I have been requested for a medical for my open work permit application. My question is: Can I use the previous medical (which I gave almost two months ago) for open work permit? If yes, then how can I upload the proof of medical exam because there is no option of uploading anything in the online application. Should I email CIC? Should I do a case specific inquiry?
Hi, sorry I don't know much about online process, but I believe you should contact them first by email and if possible you should call them. Maybe there was a mistake on their side or some information is being missed, so you better make sure what is going on with your process.
From what I understood, your medical results are within the time frame and the Work Permit was requested as part of the process for Permanent Residence, it was just submitted later. Therefore, doesn't make much sense that they are requesting it again, once they gathered the information from the doctor on the first time, instead of requesting from you to input this information on your online application.
Good luck!

Bajhundal

Jun 10, 2018
Hello , spouse open work permit applied on March 29, 2018. Medical request received on May 14, 2018. Medical pass May 23, 2018. What is next? How long ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aqsa Mumtaz