+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit for March 2018

shiv1988

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Consultants in India are saying that it is taking 3 to 3.5 months for sowp. It was 21 days in December 2017
I have heard almost the same from my consultant in Canada. I have applied on 17th April and they said I should be able to hear the decision by the end of this month.

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Hello
My visa application was refused yesterday. I got refusal letter and I think it's there mistake. Because my spouse is working under NOC B category. We provided job letter from her employer as well. But they refused because they are not satisfied that my spause works under NOC O A B category.
Please can you respond to this issue.
Which document did you submitted to prove above issue.
Thanks

Hi Sunny26,

Can you state what requirements did you submit?

Thanks.

drae

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, i am new here and want to know something regarding sowp , my husband sponsored my PR in Oct 2017. In 20th March 2018, I applied Sowp. On April 9, I got a medical request for my PR application and i gave the medical in a week. Now, I have been requested for a medical for my open work permit application. My question is: Can I use the previous medical (which I gave almost two months ago) for open work permit? If yes, then how can I upload the proof of medical exam because there is no option of uploading anything in the online application. Should I email CIC? Should I do a case specific inquiry?
Google CIC web form and you will get a link. Follow the instructions and upload your previous medical. You do not need a new medical. Also, you can write a note as there is a space provided for that.

Darrav25

May 29, 2018
Do anyone know why there is delay in processing March SOWP applications??
I have read many post where March Applicants are still waiting for the passport post request. As per CIC current processing time is 10 weeks which is already been over..
Even submitted case specific enquiry and email but no response from them...
Can anyone suggest what to do to expedite the process??
I submitted application on 25th March and passed the medical exam on 30th April after that there is no update...

Reactions: Aqsa Mumtaz

vpatel5367

Jun 5, 2018
Do anyone know why there is delay in processing March SOWP applications??
I have read many post where March Applicants are still waiting for the passport post request. As per CIC current processing time is 10 weeks which is already been over..
Even submitted case specific enquiry and email but no response from them...
Can anyone suggest what to do to expedite the process??
I submitted application on 25th March and passed the medical exam on 30th April after that there is no update...
I think there was May intake for students and IRCC guys were busy in that. Might be...

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Hello guys I am in dire situation and I need w and clarification from you all. I am from bhutan and I applied for my spouse open work permit on March 15th and got it rejected on May 21. The reasons for rejection was :

- no recent proof of spouse enrollment letter for her college and

- your spouse visa is expiring on August 2018.

My wife is in canada and her visa was expiring on August 2018 so she applied for her extension on May 11 2018. After that we didn't get any update as she did it through her college. Then we mailed the MP office regarding the extension and we got a reply saying that" your spouse have applied the extension paper based so the processing time will be 112 days and her extension is yet to be processed and have not started"

So my queistion here is, it's June right now and her extension will take 112 days like more than 3 months. Let's says it take 3 months then I will be able to reapply for my open work permit only on September or October, but when I reapply her visa validity will be less than 6months. Her next visa validity is till April 11 2019. This comes to the same reason my first visa was rejected because by the time I reapply her visa will be expiring again. So it's obvious it will get rejected.
Are my opinion on this correct or it doesnt happen like this ??

Please sir, madam, friends help me clarify my case.

kesh2k2

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-08-2017
Current status - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Same status @ 30th April
Same here for my spouse.
Applied 30th april

kesh2k2

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-08-2017
Applied - 25th March
Type - Online SOWP
Country - India
Upfront Medical - Yes
Medical Passed - 30th April
After that no update
Waiting for PPR
This is very unlikely, usually ppr takes only 2 weeks

kesh2k2

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-08-2017
Applied on 18th april...
paper based application
No update yet!
Paper based timeline varies from online.

Hope you will hear soon. I am in Canada and applied for my sowp from india online.