+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit for International Students

nehavij

Aug 16, 2019
When can we apply for SOWP when spouse is an International student?
As in along with student permit application, after receiving study permit or after starting education. And if after landing in Canada, then how much time do we need to wait before applying?

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
you can submit an application together (SOWP + SP). However, if a spouse already has a student visa then I would wait until spouse gets full time enrolled in a public school in Canada because you will need an enrollment letter from the school to prove that.

5ukh6enipal

Jul 17, 2019
As in along with student permit application, after receiving study permit or after starting education. And if after landing in Canada, then how much time do we need to wait before applying?
I am also in this same confusion , as i received my study permit flying in Nov 2019

5ukh6enipal

Jul 17, 2019
you can submit an application together (SOWP + SP). However, if a spouse already has a student visa then I would wait until spouse gets full time enrolled in a public school in Canada because you will need an enrollment letter from the school to prove that.
Thnks dear, i also think i should apply SOWP fr my wife aftr enrolling in collg

ZackKar

Nov 10, 2020
Thnks dear, i also think i should apply SOWP fr my wife aftr enrolling in collg
Hello,
hope you're doing well.
I am at the same situation right now, and I'm interested to know what did you chose to do.
Did you apply for SOWP while the study permit in process, or when received final approval, or when the student entered Canada?

Thanks

ZackKar

Nov 10, 2020
Hello,
hope you're doing well.
I am at the same situation right now, and I'm interested to know what did you chose to do.
Did you apply for SOWP while the study permit in process, or when received final approval, or when the student entered Canada?

Thanks

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
I am waiting for my final approval.. once I receive it I will file for SOWP. However, I know that at present they are processing SOWP's or visitor visa's... correct me if I am wrong

ZackKar

Nov 10, 2020
yes that's right.
So you are going to apply for SOWP before the actual landing in Canada, just with the final approval in the GCKEY account?

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
yes that's right.
So you are going to apply for SOWP before the actual landing in Canada, just with the final approval in the GCKEY account?
I dont know... I think I will create gc key and then land in Canada and proceed with the process.. what do u suggest.

sanjee881

Nov 2, 2020
Hi
Has anyone know that due to covid, SOWP can't travel right now until further notice.. is that true?

ZackKar

Nov 10, 2020
I dont know... I think I will create gc key and then land in Canada and proceed with the process.. what do u suggest.
I don't know that is my concern, I am confused now between applying for SOWP before or after landing in Canada.

oginnite

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am a Lawyer with registered Law Firm, I Have an account which i have fixed for almost a year but right now it is no more fixed. The Balance in the account is #6,500,000 (22,110CAD) and another account which i run on a regular basis with Balance of #2,500,000(8,500CAD). I have Paid Tution fee. My Program is MBA(2years). Spring Intake

Total Estimated school - 17,500CAD
Tuition deposit Paid - 6,000CAD
Total POF at Hand(after paying tuition deposit) - 30,610CAD

My Question

1. Is the above account balance enough for POF and if it is enough, How can i package it?
2. Can I submit the two account as POF(Combined)
Please I need the insight of Seniors here as i am about to submit my application.

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hi guys! I recently arrived in Canada and am enrolled full-time for winter sem at my university. Can my spouse file for OWP now? Also, currently i am pursuing online classes and was planning to move to another province where my family resides. Would living temporarily in a different province (until in-person classes resume) affect my spouse's OWP application in any way?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi guys! I recently arrived in Canada and am enrolled full-time for winter sem at my university. Can my spouse file for OWP now? Also, currently i am pursuing online classes and was planning to move to another province where my family resides. Would living temporarily in a different province (until in-person classes resume) affect my spouse's OWP application in any way?
Becareful when you are living in another province or even start working, if you plan to go through PNP stream for PR, you may not be eligible or lose points too.