+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit December 2015

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gaman said:
Hi,
Any updates from October November December 2015 SOWP applicants. Please post. It will help other in certain way

Not yet
As per the new updates online applications ccan be processed any where in the world
Don't know how long will the process take.
It's been almost 3 months!! :(

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
rkapoor said:
Not yet
As per the new updates online applications ccan be processed any where in the world
Don't know how long will the process take.
It's been almost 3 months!! :(
Hi
From where do you get to know that online files can be processed anywhere in the world?

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Gaman said:
Hi
From where do you get to know that online files can be processed anywhere in the world?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3

Why did processing times information change?

Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

For many services, instead of asking about your nearest visa office, you are now asked for your country of residence. This provides you with a more accurate processing time. For other services, you may see a single processing time, no matter where you live. This is our commitment to process applications within that time. These processing times are updated on a weekly basis.

In addition, we redesigned the layout to be mobile friendly so that you can get the information you need anytime, on any device.

Was this answer useful?
Yes

This should help you boss.

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
viprewind said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3

Why did processing times information change?

Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

For many services, instead of asking about your nearest visa office, you are now asked for your country of residence. This provides you with a more accurate processing time. For other services, you may see a single processing time, no matter where you live. This is our commitment to process applications within that time. These processing times are updated on a weekly basis.

In addition, we redesigned the layout to be mobile friendly so that you can get the information you need anytime, on any device.

Was this answer useful?
Yes

This should help you boss.
Hi
I really appreciate your reply. One thing is clear that my application is not getting processed in my country because on the website ot sayd processing time is 2 months but its been more than 3 months . Correct me if i am wrong
My next question is how can i get to know that which country is processing my wife's SOWP file.
Thanks

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Gaman said:
Hi
I really appreciate your reply. One thing is clear that my application is not getting processed in my country because on the website ot sayd processing time is 2 months but its been more than 3 months . Correct me if i am wrong
My next question is how can i get to know that which country is processing my wife's SOWP file.
Thanks
That process is an internal one, hence, you will not know where it is being processed. You can try to send an inquiry but, I think you will not get a response quickly.
Thanks,

viprewind.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viprewind said:
That process is an internal one, hence, you will not know where it is being processed. You can try to send an inquiry but, I think you will not get a response quickly.
Thanks,

viprewind.

Yes, I sent CSE and its been more than 2 weeks , no reply :(

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
No Updates from my end. Not expecting anything as even December Applicants are in waitlist.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I think the timelines are still varying based upon CIC distributing work load and processing apps according to individual situations.

My employer's lawyer filed renewals of open study permits for my kids, early Feb - those were approved last week.

But again this was extension from inside Canada (no medicals) and parents already had valid permits plus we also have approved PR - just not landed yet. So these aspects might have caused a faster processing.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just noticed that CIC has updated the processing time in India and reduced it to one month (compared to two months previously). Hopefully, they start clearing the backlog soon.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants from Feb and Mar are getting response for their application.

Anyone who gt response from CIC, Nov/Dec 2015 applicants

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
rkapoor said:

I did not get any update yet?

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
rkapoor said:

Really ? Anyone in this forum who applied on Feb/March got any response ?

I stopped tracking my application as I know there will not be any change until the one month benchmark. ::)

So once one month is completed, I will gain back my nervousness and start tracking again :p