fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Again, submitting online, doesn't make it inside Canada application.

Though timelines are varying significantly now because of CIC covering backlog and transferring applications to different visa offices for distributing work load. However, an applicant cannot control that.

An inside Canada application usually does not require medicals. So that some what brings down processing time too.

Just for some specific data (though it might not be very relevant to this thread), I had a spouse OWP application submitting around dec 15, which was approved around Feb 2. But this was simply an extension with PAs WP already renewed a while back - so much simpler case.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
luckychamp said:
Hi guys

I am going to apply TRV just need some help.....

Actually in my scenario my PNP PR is in process....waiting for MR with my spouse who is living in back home....I got my BOWP couple days before....going to apply my TRV online.....but I want to ADD MY SPOUSE TOO....She is living back home....I went through the questioner and add our details and got the documentation list .....but no financial statement and other things they need ..... Just TRV form of both....Family composition and digital pics.....with marriage certificate and Copy of my permit

My questions ...

What are the chances we will get the visa?
Any idea how long they will take?
There is an optional document (Letter of Explanation) Do I need to write my story ?
Or
please share your personal experience if you have passed through all this ...

QUICK REPLY WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED !!!

THANKS!
I think you are messing up your application. The trv you are applying is simply inside Canada trv for an existing work / study permit holder. It does not need a visitor record.

Where as for your wife is not in Canada so she needs a RESIDENT trv which means she undergoes medicals and it takes the same time as a work permit for processing. Then she gets a visitor record upon landing, can get health care in Canada and is not restricted to stay for 6 months.

THAT type of application needs all additional information. So you should include all docs in letter of explanation.

Your PR scenario isn't clear too. Since you said waiting for MR based upon PNP, I am guessing it is a Non express entry application (else you would have submitted medicals upfront).

At any rate, don't try indicating short period of stay for trv for your spouse. That is not your intent.

The processing time is going to be similar to that of work permit from India. Chances of success or refusal totally depends upon more details of your profile.

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
rkapoor said:
any updates for Dec 2015 SOWP
No yet, My friend. I talk to vfs yesterday. They said high commission is responsible for online application. There os no contact information for that stupid high commission except email, where they never reply. I have made the enquiry, not even a single revert back on the enquiry.
VFS said the processing time is minimum 2 months, rest is upto high commission

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gaman said:
No yet, My friend. I talk to vfs yesterday. They said high commission is responsible for online application. There os no contact information for that stupid high commission except email, where they never reply. I have made the enquiry, not even a single revert back on the enquiry.
VFS said the processing time is minimum 2 months, rest is upto high commission

:( Yeah even I made a case specific enquiry and they didn't revert. Let's hope for the best.

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Let me join the list as well. I applied for open work permit Inside Canada on February 16th, 2016. I am thinking probably April 16th :) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rockyj123

Apr 27, 2015
Hi,
I am currently working in Canada.
Made SOWP application for my wife on 19th Oct 2015. Still no reply .
She is currently working in UAE however the lawyer applied at the New Delhi office because we are Indian Nationals.
I really hope the application doesnt shift to UAE office .

Praying.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockyj123 said:
Hi,
I am currently working in Canada.
Made SOWP application for my wife on 19th Oct 2015. Still no reply .
She is currently working in UAE however the lawyer applied at the New Delhi office because we are Indian Nationals.
I really hope the application doesnt shift to UAE office .

Praying.
Was it an online application or paper based!!!

I am in a same situation as yours however applied on Dec 24, 2015 without medicals, no reply yet. My spouse is working in UAE. So not sure where is the file is being processed !!!

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
Hi,
Any updates from October November December 2015 SOWP applicants. Please post. It will help other in certain way

rockyj123

Apr 27, 2015
Hi,
It was an online application.
My fear is the file gets passed on to UAE office , because even mine TRV application got shifted to UAE from New Delhi and it ended up taking 5 months for approval, that too after writing to them continously and explaining that I have exited UAE and waiting in India.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockyj123 said:
Hi,
It was an online application.
My fear is the file gets passed on to UAE office , because even mine TRV application got shifted to UAE from New Delhi and it ended up taking 5 months for approval, that too after writing to them continously and explaining that I have exited UAE and waiting in India.

I fear that too though we filled apply for country of citizenship but its almost 3 months and right now processing time for UAE is 7 months. I sent a CSE to New Delhi and Chandigarh however they would reply within 28 working days and it has been 14 days so far..

Let me know if you get any update.
Good Luck!!

rockyj123

Apr 27, 2015
Hi,
If it is gone to UAE, you are more likely to receive a reply saying it is processing in UAE and to contact them.

THis is the reply I had received when my WP was processing.

Good luck to you as well.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockyj123 said:
Hi,
If it is gone to UAE, you are more likely to receive a reply saying it is processing in UAE and to contact them.

THis is the reply I had received when my WP was processing.

Good luck to you as well.
So when can I expect a reply from them . Its almost 17 days.
Will they ever reply?

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
VFS or CIC only reply to enquiries, which they find emergency or dependa on their mood.
Minimum time is 2 time. They can take long, again depend on their mood.
M still waiting for my wife's SOWP. It been 3 months and a week

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hi
I want to apply for sowp my current status is student and wife also master student in concordia. I am trying to apply online but cant get right forms can anyone help me out and what is the processing time inside canada. Thanks