+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION IN CHANDIGARH

mbagheri

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
rmi.amu said:
Hi mbagheri.... if you have pnp approval then i dnt think they will give the reason of overstay for refusal. Dont worry be positive everything is gonna fine
Thanks buddy
I hope so, yes I have my PNP approval and PR application under process. We have to wait and see what happened.

rmi.amu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Coz i am also in the same situation my husband has the pnp approval with my name in it.and i applied for spouse open work permit on 21st june. Lets hope for the best

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
spouse OWP application submitted at VFS chandigarh on 23/04/13.

received text on 25/04/13.

received passport, medical form and a letter asking for marriage proof 28/08/13

email received for Medical on 30/08/13

medical done on 2/9/13

resubmitted passport with marriage proof at VFS Chandigarh on 10/09/13 and now waiting...

hey guys... any idea in how many days will i get the passport or approval email ?

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
freefaller said:
spouse OWP application submitted at VFS chandigarh on 23/04/13.

received text on 25/04/13.

received passport, medical form and a letter asking for marriage proof 28/08/13

email received for Medical on 30/08/13

medical done on 2/9/13

resubmitted passport with marriage proof at VFS Chandigarh on 10/09/13 and now waiting...

hey guys... any idea in how many days will i get the passport or approval email ?

i have read somewhere standard processing time after medical is 45 days..

But not sure, everything would be fine bro!!!!

At least someone will get the good news ..keep posting..

Hope for the best.

Rajan

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
VFS guys said 15-20 days... but i was wondering if somebody who got VISA already from chandigarh embassy would give a better picture.

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
my wife finally got the VISA so happy.

Timeline:-

spouse OWP application submitted at VFS chandigarh on - 23/04/13.
received passport, medical form and a letter asking for marriage proof on - 28/08/13
email received for Medical on - 30/08/13
medical done on - 2/9/13
resubmitted passport with marriage proof at VFS Chandigarh on - 10/09/13
passport dispatched on 12/09/13
approval email (around 11am) and passport received (around 2pm) on 13/09/13

good luck every one

mbagheri

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
freefaller said:
my wife finally got the VISA so happy.

Timeline:-

spouse OWP application submitted at VFS chandigarh on - 23/04/13.
received passport, medical form and a letter asking for marriage proof on - 28/08/13
email received for Medical on - 30/08/13
medical done on - 2/9/13
resubmitted passport with marriage proof at VFS Chandigarh on - 10/09/13
passport dispatched on 12/09/13
approval email (around 11am) and passport received (around 2pm) on 13/09/13

good luck every one
Congrats buddy
And thanks let us know, could you please let me know what kind of documents have you attached to your application especially to prove she will come back and has tie back to home.
Thanks

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
mbagheri said:
Congrats buddy
And thanks let us know, could you please let me know what kind of documents have you attached to your application especially to prove she will come back and has tie back to home.
Thanks
thanks dear...
no I did not specifically show anything to prove she will come back... I showed her bank statement with initial application to prove that she has enough money to travel and thats about it... besides that her employment history, education, documents from my side, my bank statement... they know that a wife aint coming back from her husband so to show that my wife would be returning would have been trying to fool them... the whole idea of Spouse open work permit is that a spouse can be with her partner till whatever time the partner is there. so i think its not required... maybe they are required for VISIT visa for which m not sure...

hope it helps

Thanks

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
freefaller said:
thanks dear...
no I did not specifically show anything to prove she will come back... I showed her bank statement with initial application to prove that she has enough money to travel and thats about it... besides that her employment history, education, documents from my side, my bank statement... they know that a wife aint coming back from her husband so to show that my wife would be returning would have been trying to fool them... the whole idea of Spouse open work permit is that a spouse can be with her partner till whatever time the partner is there. so i think its not required... maybe they are required for VISIT visa for which m not sure...

hope it helps

Thanks
Brother could you please let me know how much the funds u have shown to them in both ur wife account and in ur canada bank account.

Regards
Rajan

mbagheri

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
freefaller said:
thanks dear...

hope it helps

Thanks
Thanks a lot for your response
Actually I think so, but I have seen cases which are rejected because officer said he is not satisfied she will come back after the period of visit.

rmi.amu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hi mbagehri.. i guess i have read your post earlier in vich u have that your spouse open work permit. I am really sorry if i am wrong. Have you applied again???? Please share your experience so that we can get some help. Thank you. And i am sry if i am mistaken

mbagheri

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Mine has not rejected yet, she applied in England and right now because of strike, processing time became 3 months which for us so far is 2 month. I sent them some emails and they said your application is under process and we will inform you after verification is done. I don't know maybe it is a good sign that they have not reject our application yet and it is under process.
I have Pot-graduate work permit and also Alberta Provincial nominee and I have added my wife to my PR application, that's the reason I am afraid they reject her because she has PR application under process, I don't know even my lawyer said it ups to the officer.
I'd appreciate it if anyone with same condition share the experince