+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse not accompanying!!

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Have you received ITA? You don’t need a reason as you can state spouse does not want to accompany you . If haven’t received ITA, assume you are doing it because of CRS points and most officers know that.
not yet. but they do ask for a reason why spouse is not accompanying right? have u got PR stating spouse not accompanying?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So wont they think why he can't come with me to Canada and look for a job?
Keep it simple. Obviously you are doing it because of CRS points, right? Officers aren’t stupid. Plus, as un accompanying it will take at least a year to sponsor him once you are settled in Canada. So he doesn’t have a job? If you don’t have ITA, it may be months until you are selected (assume your points are above 470) so by then he may be working.

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Keep it simple. Obviously you are doing it because of CRS points, right? Officers aren’t stupid. Plus, as un accompanying it will take at least a year to sponsor him once you are settled in Canada. So he doesn’t have a job? If you don’t have ITA, it may be months until you are selected (assume your points are above 470) so by then he may be working.
Can I have ur number or email to tell my case clearly..

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
But did they accept ur reason for spouse not accompanying? What did u mention
Eligibility already passed by the officer, so I believe yes they did. I only answered the question that ask why once you select spouse as non-accommpanying with something not having enough points for us to be selected and I’ll sponsor her once I settle in Canada (get a job and rent a house). I didn’t mention anything in LOE.

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Eligibility already passed by the officer, so I believe yes they did. I only answered the question that ask why once you select spouse as non-accommpanying with something not having enough points for us to be selected and I’ll sponsor her once I settle in Canada (get a job and rent a house). I didn’t mention anything in LOE.
My agent is saying not enough points is not a good reason and they will not accept it. Is it true? What u mean eligibility passed ?

Where did u mention the reason?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
My agent is saying not enough points is not a good reason and they will not accept it. Is it true? What u mean eligibility passed ?

I stated the same as @nns14 and received my PR without any issues or questions. You just need to put that into your own personal context.

Reactions: nns14

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

IRCC uses IRPA to process applications. This is ensure decisions on the applications do not become subjective but rather objective. There’s no rule that says one cannot remove the spouse from PR visa to return the points lost due to the spouse accompanying. So, IRCC cannot reject your application based on this. There were some cases where when the applicants are already in Canada that this reason was not accepted because it didn’t make sense as the spouse was already in Canada with a temporary visa. However, I did see a case where the primary applicant lawyered-up and challenged the decision. IRCC settled the case outside the court by agreeing with the applicant to reopen the application and he/she dropped the case. So, yeah, in the rare cases where this becomes an issue, the law is on our side.

Almost all the immigration agents aren’t lawyers so they make recommendations based on anecdotes. If you have no other option, go for it.

Since I already passed the eligibility, it means they accepted my reason because if they questioned or insisted that I make spouse accompanying I would have lost many points and fall below the cut off score, hence I would have failed eligibility.

After I got the ITA, there were questions to be answered in order to proceed to the documents page and in that they asked the reason.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
IRCC uses IRPA to process applications. This is ensure decisions on the applications do not become subjective but rather objective. There’s no rule that says one cannot remove the spouse from PR visa to return the points lost due to the spouse accompanying. So, IRCC cannot reject your application based on this. There were some cases where when the applicants are already in Canada that this reason was not accepted because it didn’t make sense as the spouse was already in Canada with a temporary visa. However, I did see a case where the primary applicant lawyered-up and challenged the decision. IRCC settled the case outside the court by agreeing with the applicant to reopen the application and he/she dropped the case. So, yeah, in the rare cases where this becomes an issue, the law is on our side.

Almost all the immigration agents aren’t lawyers so they make recommendations based on anecdotes. If you have no other option, go for it.

Since I already passed the eligibility, it means they accepted my reason because if they questioned or insisted that I make spouse accompanying I would have lost many points and fall below the cut off score, hence I would have failed eligibility.

After I got the ITA, there were questions to be answered in order to proceed to the documents page and in that they asked the reason.
In my case we were both in Canada and applied as non-accompanying spouse. I also do have an Canadian born child. I wrote an LOE and it went all good.

Reactions: nns14

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020

hi so are you outside canada? my agents suggest putting some other reason other than no score. but my spouse doesn't have a a job to state job committment as a reason.. at what stage of your application are you in?

are you sure we can state reason for spouse not accompanying is low crs?

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020

so after you got ur ITA you answered the reason as low crs for non- accompanying spouse? and what reply did you get back from IRCC? whats the next step that you got?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
hi so are you outside canada? my agents suggest putting some other reason other than no score. but my spouse doesn't have a a job to state job committment as a reason.. at what stage of your application are you in?

are you sure we can state reason for spouse not accompanying is low crs?
so after you got ur ITA you answered the reason as low crs for non- accompanying spouse? and what reply did you get back from IRCC? whats the next step that you got?
Yes, that’s reason I used. I couldn’t lie. Like I said in my previous posts, I already passed both eligibility and criminality. Security was the only remaining step but the pandemic started and halted their skilled program outland processing due to international travel restriction, as you know. Hopefully, I’ll get update from the office in January.