+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse not Accompanying to Increase CRS Score.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I am currently on ICT-closed work permit. Can my spouse still stay in Canada on visitor visa if I choose "Spouse not accompanying" ? Should I apply open work permit ? If I choose spouse not accompanying to increase my CRS score.
Is there anyone who have done this being on closed work permit in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am currently on ICT-closed work permit. Can my spouse still stay in Canada on visitor visa if I choose "Spouse not accompanying" ? Should I apply open work permit ? If I choose spouse not accompanying to increase my CRS score.
Is there anyone who have done this being on closed work permit in Canada.
Your spouse's status in Canada has nothing to do with the PR app.

If you are putting her as non-accompanying for the points, make that very clear in your app.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Your spouse's status in Canada has nothing to do with the PR app.

If you are putting her as non-accompanying for the points, make that very clear in your app.
Thanks for your response. So I can still keep my kids and spouse here in Canada along with me while my PR is being process right ? is it better to apply for open work permit in this case ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your response. So I can still keep my kids and spouse here in Canada along with me while my PR is being process right ? is it better to apply for open work permit in this case ?
Whether to apply for an OWP is entirely up to you.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
For Spouse not accompanying in my express entry profile. Can I say that I have chosen that option just to increase my CRS score.