+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse needs to leave for couple of months, RO not met for her

JEI-CAN

Dec 2, 2020
Hello, situation is following: my wife was main applicant when we (2 adults + minor) become PR's at October 2017. Moved permanently May 2020. I will meet RO as I stay in Canada allmost all time next 2 years.

But most likely, my wife needs to work outside Canada little bit too many day she wont be ok with RO. Not clear yet if minor stays in Canada so minor's RO would be ok. Also possible that minor also doesnt meet RO.

What are the scenarios to happen, when my wife comes back lets say August 2021 and at airport they say you dont meet RO?

Is it worth to try just come back or would it be good idea to prepare someway to this situation? Does it change the situation, if minor meets RO? Maybe they dont deny childs mother to stay with kid, or?

Is it right that I can only become sponsor when I have been PR for 5 years, so October 2022? When my 5 years is full, my wife ofcourse still have pr status, even RO is not met? How this affect?

Very much appreciate all comments about this bit difficult situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, situation is following: my wife was main applicant when we (2 adults + minor) become PR's at October 2017. Moved permanently May 2020. I will meet RO as I stay in Canada allmost all time next 2 years.

But most likely, my wife needs to work outside Canada little bit too many day she wont be ok with RO. Not clear yet if minor stays in Canada so minor's RO would be ok. Also possible that minor also doesnt meet RO.

What are the scenarios to happen, when my wife comes back lets say August 2021 and at airport they say you dont meet RO?

Is it worth to try just come back or would it be good idea to prepare someway to this situation? Does it change the situation, if minor meets RO? Maybe they dont deny childs mother to stay with kid, or?

Is it right that I can only become sponsor when I have been PR for 5 years, so October 2022? When my 5 years is full, my wife ofcourse still have pr status, even RO is not met? How this affect?

Very much appreciate all comments about this bit difficult situation.
Your wife will be allowed into Canada but may be reported for failing to meet the residency obligation.

You can sponsor her for PR at any time provided you meet the residency obligation. However in order to sponsor your wife, she must either renounce her PR status or her PR status has to be revoked. You can't sponsor her while she still has PR status.

JEI-CAN

Dec 2, 2020
Your wife will be allowed into Canada but may be reported for failing to meet the residency obligation.

You can sponsor her for PR at any time provided you meet the residency obligation. However in order to sponsor your wife, she must either renounce her PR status or her PR status has to be revoked. You can't sponsor her while she still has PR status.
Thanks! Do you mean, she have to (or is good to) voluntary give up the PR status, if she is reported? Or if reported, there is a process or? And the result of the process may be that the PR status is removed? And after that I can sponsor? But does she have to leave if reported, and after process PR status is taken away?