+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse & Kids PR Sponsorship from SINGAPORE OFFICE

katvel

Mar 17, 2014
Hey Guys,

I am living in Canada (PR) and sponsored my Wife and 2 kids who are living in Singapore. I applied December 2014, and after 3 months later, I received email from CIC (Canada) Office stating that documents have been sent to Singapore for further processing. Proactively, I paid Right of the Fee and submitted Police Clearance and Medical Reports for my Wife & kids.

However, I do not hear anything from High Commission of Canada (Singapore). Keeping fingers crossed as I am not sure how long I need to wait.

Anyone facing same scenario? especially waiting for Singapore office?

Thanks
Katvel

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I suggest calling CIC and ordering notes. What does your ECAS say?

katvel

Mar 17, 2014
Aquakitty said:
I suggest calling CIC and ordering notes. What does your ECAS say?
Thanks Aquakitty.

Here is the information on ECAS.

Under - Sponsorship Application Status (Decision Made)
We received your application to sponsor on December 19, 2014.
We sent you correspondence on March 9, 2015 about the decision on your application.

Under - Permanent Residence Application Status (Application Received)
We received <spouse> application for permanent residence on March 23, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

During March 2105, I received the following email from CIC:

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of <Spouse> and family (if applicable). You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows....."

I have dropped an email to Singapore office a week ago, but have not any response yet.

Thank you.
Katvel

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Singapore has one of the longest processing times, averaging around 16 months. Don't expect to hear anything until next year.