Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
bonjoydave said:
quick question: is 3 hours stop to port of entry enough to do everything including immigration stuff,check-in,etc? thanks..
in my experience this 3 hrs is very tight. Plane arrival means it has just touched down the
runway. At this time, passengers at your connecting flight are already checking-in. If you
are not carrying much for inspection like restricted items and laptop, you can make it to
the connecting flight. The 2 variables that are hard to predict are the flight delay from
origin, and the cue at the immigration/customs upon arrival. Add to this the possible cue
in landing interview/PR confirmation.

Some tips:

They are very strict in inspection at the start of check-in time, and tend to be more lenient as they run out of time due to passenger volume. Avoid the rush, the plane will not close without you if you already have your gate pass.

Get to the CR one hour before landing. The cue at this time is terrible and you will not be
allowed to stand up when the seatbelt sign starts to flash for descent. The cue at the
airport CR is also terrible upon arrival.

Uninstall controversial programs in your laptop and keep the backup copies in a hard disk,
place it in your checked-in luggage. Hongkong collects laptops, and you must wait until
they return it to you.They also prohibit liquids even bought inside the airport. I do not
understand why they allow the sale of liquor/spirits in the predeparture area just to be
disallowed when you enter the predeparture/boarding lounge.

If you are really in a rush, do not check-in too early because your checked-in luggage will
come last in the carousel.

Be prepared for long walks inside airports. Take only what your body can carry. Trolleys
are not allowed in all places.

Turn-off your mobile for the duration of the flight; Observe no-photos areas; Avoid hidden
metals in your hand-carry that will sound-out detectors because this will lead to
inspection.Be familiar where metals are so you can answer if asked.

During flight turbulence which is normal, remain calm. Press the alert button whenever you
need assistance. Listen and undertand the emergency instructions normally given before
take-off.

Check the serial number of baggage stub that you pick from the carousel. There are so many
similar luggages out there. You only do not create problem for yourself, but the other
person who owns it. You can place identifiable marks, but still check.

Never leave your things to people you do not know. Unattended baggages also are suspect and
may be removed/confiscated by airport personnel.

There are smoking areas inside airports. But I tell you, you do not need to light your own
cigarette because the smoke inside the cubicle is already suffocating.

Enjoy your flight. Bring biscuits/candies for your consumption. And if in case you want to
take some souvenir items from the plane like blankets, towels, spoons and magazines, ask
permission to take them. Disposable items are all yours, though. Headphones will be
returned.

kikz747

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/28/2010
Med's Request
7/22/2011
Med's Done....
8/04/2011
Passport Req..
11/29/2011
VISA ISSUED...
29/02/2012
LANDED..........
soon
sthomas said:
Ecas shows Medical Received, it appeared last August 12. But I had my medical exam last April 4-5 and DMP told me that they already forwarded it after 2 days. :)
thanks for the info;
i want to ask also how many months it will take before the you received your visa,our papers start processing sep.28,2010 medical done august 4 2011 submitted to CEM august 25 2011.thanks again

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
kikz747 said:
Ecas shows Medical Received, it appeared last August 12. But I had my medical exam last April 4-5 and DMP told me that they already forwarded it after 2 days. :)
thanks for the info;
i want to ask also how many months it will take before the you received your visa,our papers start processing sep.28,2010 medical done august 4 2011 submitted to CEM august 25 2011.thanks again
Less than 4 months .... Sent application in CIC Mississauga last May 18, then Manila received last July 4, then Visa issue August 22 and received it last Sept 3

trizienne

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
11-11-2011
Any updates today?

wants2bw/myhubbysoon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2011
Med's Done....
30-05-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Passport Sent - Sept 8, 2011, DM: Sept 26, 2011
trizienne said:
Any updates today?
I really hope meron. Para sumaya tayong lahat. ;D On my end, nadda. :( Pero I sent the mail regarding my trv denial. Kasi I unintentionally answered No sa question if I had been refused of entry to Canada.

Sis, nag-aappear na address mo sa ecas? san ba nakikita ung sinasabi nila na address? thanks. :)

trizienne

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
11-11-2011
wants2bw/myhubbysoon said:
I really hope meron. Para sumaya tayong lahat. ;D On my end, nadda. :( Pero I sent the mail regarding my trv denial. Kasi I unintentionally answered No sa question if I had been refused of entry to Canada.

Sis, nag-aappear na address mo sa ecas? san ba nakikita ung sinasabi nila na address? thanks. :)
Nag appear nung una ko nabuksan ung account ko pero three weeks ago na ata nung
parang nagkaglitch nawala yung address.

Nakikita yun sa taas bago dun sa info ng mga application received.

bonjoydave

Jul 21, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010 LC1
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Just to confirm:

Do Filipinos,not leaving the airport between flights,dont need a transit visa in Japan?

Thanks

annerhy

Star Member
Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
n/a
helo nester.. im planning to use small trolley bag for my hand carry.. is this applicable to flight from manila to hong kong.den hongkonh to toronto?

nester said:
in my experience this 3 hrs is very tight. Plane arrival means it has just touched down the
runway. At this time, passengers at your connecting flight are already checking-in. If you
are not carrying much for inspection like restricted items and laptop, you can make it to
the connecting flight. The 2 variables that are hard to predict are the flight delay from
origin, and the cue at the immigration/customs upon arrival. Add to this the possible cue
in landing interview/PR confirmation.

Some tips:

They are very strict in inspection at the start of check-in time, and tend to be more lenient as they run out of time due to passenger volume. Avoid the rush, the plane will not close without you if you already have your gate pass.

Get to the CR one hour before landing. The cue at this time is terrible and you will not be
allowed to stand up when the seatbelt sign starts to flash for descent. The cue at the
airport CR is also terrible upon arrival.

Uninstall controversial programs in your laptop and keep the backup copies in a hard disk,
place it in your checked-in luggage. Hongkong collects laptops, and you must wait until
they return it to you.They also prohibit liquids even bought inside the airport. I do not
understand why they allow the sale of liquor/spirits in the predeparture area just to be
disallowed when you enter the predeparture/boarding lounge.

If you are really in a rush, do not check-in too early because your checked-in luggage will
come last in the carousel.

Be prepared for long walks inside airports. Take only what your body can carry. Trolleys
are not allowed in all places.

Turn-off your mobile for the duration of the flight; Observe no-photos areas; Avoid hidden
metals in your hand-carry that will sound-out detectors because this will lead to
inspection.Be familiar where metals are so you can answer if asked.

During flight turbulence which is normal, remain calm. Press the alert button whenever you
need assistance. Listen and undertand the emergency instructions normally given before
take-off.

Check the serial number of baggage stub that you pick from the carousel. There are so many
similar luggages out there. You only do not create problem for yourself, but the other
person who owns it. You can place identifiable marks, but still check.

Never leave your things to people you do not know. Unattended baggages also are suspect and
may be removed/confiscated by airport personnel.

There are smoking areas inside airports. But I tell you, you do not need to light your own
cigarette because the smoke inside the cubicle is already suffocating.

Enjoy your flight. Bring biscuits/candies for your consumption. And if in case you want to
take some souvenir items from the plane like blankets, towels, spoons and magazines, ask
permission to take them. Disposable items are all yours, though. Headphones will be
returned.

reyzky

Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 6, 2012
AOR Received.
jul 27, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug. 7, 2012 (sponsor - approval by email)
Passport Req..
Nov. 29, 2012 (email)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on Jan. 5, 2013 visa rcvd Jan. 8, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan. 22, 2013
Hi
Ask ko lang mga kabayan kung meron sa inyo na ang case ay similar sakin.
I'm planning to sponsor my wife (filipina) but she is currently working in Saudi Arabia.
Kindly share your experiences. Thanks a lot.

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
annerhy said:
helo nester.. im planning to use small trolley bag for my hand carry.. is this applicable to flight from manila to hong kong.den hongkonh to toronto?

it should not exceed 5 kg. (gross)
the average size backpack can contain this weight.
be ready with a light/foldable canvas or cloth bag so you have something to transfer your things if they tell you to check it in.

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
reyzky said:
Hi
I'm planning to sponsor my wife (filipina) but she is currently working in Saudi Arabia.
ang problema po ng nasa saudi e walang CIC . Middle East processing are all handled by Abu Dhabi Embassy. pag nagtawag ng interview pupunta sya dun at yung passport alamin kung willing ang employer na irelease para isubmit sa abu dhabi.

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
reyzky said:
Hi
I am sponsoriing my husband who is currently working in Singapore, pwede mo na naman isubmit ung appplication ninyo sa CIC-M pero once na ipdala na sa CEM, and mgrequest na ng passport, etc. Kailngan nang umuwi ng wife mo.

reyzky

Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 6, 2012
AOR Received.
jul 27, 2012
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
Nov. 29, 2012 (email)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan. 22, 2013
ischie said:
I am sponsoriing my husband who is currently working in Singapore, pwede mo na naman isubmit ung appplication ninyo sa CIC-M pero once na ipdala na sa CEM, and mgrequest na ng passport, etc. Kailngan nang umuwi ng wife mo.
Thanks.
What's the timeline of CIC-M? how about sa case ng husband mo? thanks again.

reyzky

Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 6, 2012
AOR Received.
jul 27, 2012
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
Nov. 29, 2012 (email)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan. 22, 2013
nester said:
ang problema po ng nasa saudi e walang CIC . Middle East processing are all handled by Abu Dhabi Embassy. pag nagtawag ng interview pupunta sya dun at yung passport alamin kung willing ang employer na irelease para isubmit sa abu dhabi.
Wew! this might be my problem if her employer wont release the passport.Tsk!
Kailangan din ng interview plus medical sa manila right? Thanks a lot and Stay Safe!

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
reyzky said:
Wew! this might be my problem if her employer wont release the passport.Tsk!
Kailangan din ng interview plus medical sa manila right? Thanks a lot and Stay Safe!
ung medical, ginawa namn sa singapore, as long as kasama sa mga list of practitioners, downloaded from their website. iforward na lng daw sa CEM ung result. ung interview, ggawin na lng un sa pinas, i think after ma-ipass ung passport.