+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
precious123 said:
Hi everyone,
Anyone knows what is preliminary review of application? Thanks
I'm not really sure what it exactly means but I read in other forums that these are codes used by the embassy.

PAPER SCREENING DECISION (PSDEC)
SELECTION DECISION (SELDEC)
SECURITY DECISION (BDEC)
MEDICAL DECISION (MEDDEC)
FINAL DECISION (FINDEC)

I read your other post that you got that reply from your MP. Would you mind posting your timeline? We've also asked help from our MP and was told we are queued for Selection Review. I've read that in Selection Review, the VO will decide if interview is required or not.

loreyn84

Nov 18, 2009
Pasig City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cassidy said:
12.14.09 : Application Sent to CPC-M
12.15.09 : Application Received by CPC-M
01.07.10 : Application to sponsor Approved
02.18.10 : AOR & PPR letter sent
02.22.10 : "in process" in ECAS
03.03.10 : AOR/PPR received - Passport sent

waiting waiting waiting,.. walang katapusang paghihintay
hehehehehehehe...talagang ganyan...may update na ba sa iyo?

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone.. My husband just received his visa package this morning via DHL. :)
FINALLY!!!!!

Goodluck to everyone! :)

missmyhoney

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-10
AOR Received.
15-07-10
File Transfer...
06-07-10
Med's Done....
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-10
nice timeline and congrats ktong. hope ours wud be as smooth and fast as yours

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
ktong said:
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone.. My husband just received his visa package this morning via DHL. :)
FINALLY!!!!!

Goodluck to everyone! :)
Finally! :)

loreyn84

Nov 18, 2009
Pasig City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
precious123 said:
Hi everyone,
Anyone knows what is preliminary review of application? Thanks
Congrats! Ktong....

hope mine soon too....

kissyaman

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ktong... ask ko lang kung bago ipadala sa mississauga yun application nyo eh nag bayad kana ba agad ng right of permanent residence fee ata yun? kasi ang bilis nga process nun sayo eh hehehe nakaka inggit naman...

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kissyaman said:
ktong... ask ko lang kung bago ipadala sa mississauga yun application nyo eh nag bayad kana ba agad ng right of permanent residence fee ata yun? kasi ang bilis nga process nun sayo eh hehehe nakaka inggit naman...
Yes, as in lahat complete. :) I think I paid $1040 in total. Both yung application fee at yung Right of PR fee (I'm forgot how you call it).
Advise ko lang is make sure everything is complete. It worked for me, and sa mga ibang nagadvise din sakin.

missmyhoney

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-10
AOR Received.
15-07-10
File Transfer...
06-07-10
Med's Done....
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-10
congrats to those who got their visa and have a good life in canada!! makes sense to pay upfront for those with straightforward cases, money counts, ika nga di aandar pag ala bayad :'(

b_rhetz

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello po! ask ko lang po sana kung okay lang bang magbakasyon out of the country habang wala pa yung approval ng sponsorship? hope u guyz cud help me.. thank you.. :)

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
Hi all! I am a newbie in this forum. Been reading all your posts and it's very helpful to know other information hanging in my head. Before anything else i'd like to post my timeline

Nov 4,2009- CPC MISSISAUGA
Nov 23, 2009- Sponsorship approved
Dec 7, 2009- Manila started processing
Dec 9, 2009- AOR PPR
Dec 11, 2009- Dropped off @ RCBC basement 4
Jan 29, 2010- letter asking for additonal proof of relationship, bank transactions, original letter from the bank address to us, joint accounts, airline ticket, money transfers etc
March 11, 2010- Dropped off @ rcbc basement 4
June 10, 2010- followed up with our MP
June 16, 2010-

I received the following response from the Embassy in Manila.

“Please be informed that this application is currently queued for selection review. The standard processing time for this type of application is now 12 months. Note that this application was received on 04 November 2009.”

We've been waiting for 7 months from the time sponsorship has been approved and 6 months after processing here in manila. This has been an exhausting battle for us, however we couldn't question god's purpose/ reason as to why we have to wait for a certain period of time. Been crying for the past weeks and having a hard time concentrating on my job. All of us here are on the same boat hoping to get to the finish line. Most of you guys are under spouse/ common law application, mine is under conjugal class.

We are a same sex couple with immigration barrier. They said this is the hardest to prove and a very tricky one. However as advised by legit.ca in canada we are more likely under this class for the reasons of not being able to marry , I was denied a tourist visa 3x and she couldn't stay with me for more than a year because of citizenship. Same sex couple are still not accepted much in our society, we do want to have a normal life and start anew in canada. God knows our intentions are pure, we just really need to be patient and trust in HIM. I surrender my whole life to the LORD and in HIS time I know we will all be reunited with our loved ones. My partner and I met online Jan of 2008 and met twice already in person. Recent one was last Feb 18- March 13 2010 here in Manila. We just pray that the visa officer in charge of our case is open minded and compassionate. Please include us in your prayers. I hope you can give me some information if you know someone under this class same as our status. Thank you everyone in advance for your feedback! Hope we all get our DM's the soonest. God bless us all!

kissyaman

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ khuda22

relax lang khuda22 halos same lang tayo ng timeline tingnan mo ang timeline ko... at spouse category ako... ang ibig kong sabihin eh nangyayari yan kahit sa spouse category yan mga ganyang delays so wag mo isipin na dahil same sex kayo kaya na de-delay ang process nyo...pero bat sa inyo 12months ang process, hindi ba 6 months? ano ba masasabi ng mga expert dito sa forum about that?

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
@kissyaman

thanks for your prompt response and at least it eases a bit of my burden. Oo nga we have the same timeline, so what's your status? still waiting? I am just wondering why we were told of 12months timeframe. As far as i know, under family class has the same timeline which is 6-9months. Perhaps, they updated it recently because of backlogged?!? you are right, our cases differ from one another pero sa ating dalawa pareho tau. We really don't know their process and the magic word/ actions we need to do para mapabilis ang lahat, Patient is a must talaga! I do understand that you have no idea about conjugal class pero I want to fully understand why I am being tagged for 12months and queued for selective review? does that mean, my application hasn't been reviewed yet? I read from KG's one post na baka for interview daw? haaaaaaayyyyyyyyy i am so devastated kissyaman huhuhuhu. Thank you again for taking time to read my post.

kissyaman

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yun narecieve na letter nyo ba from the embassy yun aor ay 12months ba talaga nakalagay? kasi yun aor ko na natanggap malinaw nakalagay dun 6months ang standard na process nun sa akin.