+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Accompanying Related Queries

divyashreebajpai

Dec 12, 2017
Hi,

I have few queries regarding spouse related questions in the PR form.

If I mention in the form that my spouse would be coming with me to Canada does that mean her PR will also be filled at the same time?

What if in the form I mentioned that my spouse would be coming with me to Canada but she ends up not coming with me how it will impact the application?

Even if my spouse doesn't come with me at the start, she will visit me over there, then should I mention that she would be coming with me to Canada?

Thanks in advance for answering my queries.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Hi,

I have few queries regarding spouse related questions in the PR form.

If I mention in the form that my spouse would be coming with me to Canada does that mean her PR will also be filled at the same time?

What if in the form I mentioned that my spouse would be coming with me to Canada but she ends up not coming with me how it will impact the application?

Even if my spouse doesn't come with me at the start, she will visit me over there, then should I mention that she would be coming with me to Canada?

Thanks in advance for answering my queries.
If you apply with your spouse accompanying she will get the PR as well. If she changes her mind and stays in her home country it would have non impact on your application or future. Just make sure she activates her PR (do the landing with you or after you land but before the deadline) so she can visit you whenever she wants without applying for visitor visa. Once you both are PRs you can decide what to do in the future.
For her to keep the status she would have to live in Canada for two out of five years, not necessarily continuosly.

Reactions: divyashreebajpai

divyashreebajpai

Dec 12, 2017
If you apply with your spouse accompanying she will get the PR as well. If she changes her mind and stays in her home country it would have non impact on your application or future. Just make sure she activates her PR (do the landing with you or after you land but before the deadline) so she can visit you whenever she wants without applying for visitor visa. Once you both are PRs you can decide what to do in the future.
For her to keep the status she would have to live in Canada for two out of five years, not necessarily continuosly.
Thanks for your reply, It helped in gaining the clarity.