+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal work visa refusal under International Mobility Program

AKaur2244

Mar 3, 2020
hi, I work as Administrative assistant in Winnipeg. I applied for my partner's open work permit but his visa got refused. According to GCMS notes, case officer was not satisfied with the wage rate which is $14 per hour. However, on IRCC website even $12.35 or $13 is the lowest pay rate for Administrative Assistant. I raised the query to IRCC and they gave me a chance to send them a letter of explanation for reconsideration. Please suggest me ASAP. Is there any minimum wage requirement for an PSWP holder working under NOC B to sponsor a spouse?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi, I work as Administrative assistant in Winnipeg. I applied for my partner's open work permit but his visa got refused. According to GCMS notes, case officer was not satisfied with the wage rate which is $14 per hour. However, on IRCC website even $12.35 or $13 is the lowest pay rate for Administrative Assistant. I raised the query to IRCC and they gave me a chance to send them a letter of explanation for reconsideration. Please suggest me ASAP. Is there any minimum wage requirement for an PSWP holder working under NOC B to sponsor a spouse?
Which NOC are you under? Is it NOC 1241 or a different one? For the Winnipeg area, the low range for this NOC is listed as $15 on job bank.

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/wages-occupation/24789/MB

So unfortunately I don't think job bank will help you in making an argument.

There are no minimum income requirements however IRCC can refuse the application if your pay is too low and they therefore don't believe you are doing a NOC B job.

I don't know where you found the information quoting $12.35 and $13 as the lowest pay rate for Administrative Assistants. The first one ($12,35) looks either wrong or old since minimum wage in Manitoba is $12.65. However the link that shows the $13 may be helpful to make your argument as long as this is an official government site. So you could provide that link as part of your response. If you are paid a guaranteed bonus annually on top of your hourly pay, then you may want to include evidence of this as well. Good luck.

AKaur2244

Mar 3, 2020
Which NOC are you under? Is it NOC 1241 or a different one? For the Winnipeg area, the low range for this NOC is listed as $15 on job bank.

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/wages-occupation/24789/MB

So unfortunately I don't think job bank will help you in making an argument.

There are no minimum income requirements however IRCC can refuse the application if your pay is too low and they therefore don't believe you are doing a NOC B job.

I don't know where you found the information quoting $12.35 and $13 as the lowest pay rate for Administrative Assistants. The first one ($12,35) looks either wrong or old since minimum wage in Manitoba is $12.65. However the link that shows the $13 may be helpful to make your argument as long as this is an official government site. So you could provide that link as part of your response. If you are paid a guaranteed bonus annually on top of your hourly pay, then you may want to include evidence of this as well. Good luck.
Yes, the minimum wage rate in manitoba is 14 per hour which is the lowest according to IRCC website. 1241 admistrative Assistant. Furthermore, my employer raised my wage rate to 15 per hour after 3 months of performance evaluation. So my current wage rate is now 15 per hour. Let's see what they reply. As per their request I've already forwarded the documents with a screenshot of IRCC website showing the minimum wage rate $14 per hour. Rest fingers crossed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, the minimum wage rate in manitoba is 14 per hour which is the lowest according to IRCC website. 1241 admistrative Assistant. Furthermore, my employer raised my wage rate to 15 per hour after 3 months of performance evaluation. So my current wage rate is now 15 per hour. Let's see what they reply. As per their request I've already forwarded the documents with a screenshot of IRCC website showing the minimum wage rate $14 per hour. Rest fingers crossed.
Also submit the evidence to show your wage has been raised if you haven't done that already. Good luck.