SPOUSAL WITH OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I applied for sponsorship without applying for owp! Now that my application has its file number. We would like to start to apply my partner’s owp. Can anyone tell me how will I start. Should i apply online or paper??? Btw i have a representative and according to her she have received the automated file number.
You can't apply online until you have AIP. You should have included the OWP app with the PR app and your representative really should have know to do that.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-12-07.asp

Reactions: Erin Lynsay

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I believe i can apply online as long as i have status.. aip are for those applicant who doesn’t have status
Did you even read the link?

If you have already submitted an application for permanent residence but have not yet received approval in principle under the SCLPC class or have not yet applied for an open work permit, you can complete the work permit application. Send your completed application, along with appropriate fee, to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville

If you have already received approval in principle on your permanent residence application—meaning you received a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada stating you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements but have not yet passed the medical, security and background checks for your family members or yourself—you may apply for an open work permit online.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
@Jaywill hello any news with your AOR? We still haven't received ours. We are starting to worry.
Hi, i receieved aor1 after 41 days and after 58 days was transferred to paris vo. I finally clued in that your doing an owp so i assume yours is an inland app which are not as “fast” as outland apps.

PantherOct2017

Oct 21, 2017
Hi, i receieved aor1 after 41 days and after 58 days was transferred to paris vo. I finally clued in that your doing an owp so i assume yours is an inland app which are not as “fast” as outland apps.
Yes we are doing inland with owp included. And right now clueless if the application was received although via tracking of canada post it was delivered Oct 6. Tourist visa was up to Nov 1 only. And were kind of worried of status now as we havent received aor and status has expired.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Yes we are doing inland with owp included. And right now clueless if the application was received although via tracking of canada post it was delivered Oct 6. Tourist visa was up to Nov 1 only. And were kind of worried of status now as we havent received aor and status has expired.
I see thats a case more complex than what i could reasonably comment on. Is it too late to extend the visa? Or if if its a multi entry visa can he go home and back?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see thats a case more complex than what i could reasonably comment on. Is it too late to extend the visa? Or if if its a multi entry visa can he go home and back?
Too late to extend. Visitor visa was only until November 1st.

PantherOct2017

Oct 21, 2017
Too late to extend. Visitor visa was only until November 1st.
Included in our application is request to extend stay ( via owp ). Website says to send request 30 days before or within 90 days after status have expired. If application will be accepted what i understand is its in the implied status. But if application gets returned due to missing docs them well have to start all over again. We tried our best to make it as complete as possible. We are praying to get aor really soon. We are in the dark until we receive confirmation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Included in our application is request to extend stay ( via owp ). Website says to send request 30 days before or within 90 days after status have expired. If application will be accepted what i understand is its in the implied status. But if application gets returned due to missing docs them well have to start all over again. We tried our best to make it as complete as possible. We are praying to get aor really soon. We are in the dark until we receive confirmation.
The 30 days is just a guideline. You can apply to extend your visitor status right before your status expires. Many here have applied to extend their visitor visa in addition to applying for PR inland and including an OWP. This effectively buys you insurance in the event the inland application is returned for any reason. Anyway - too late to do that in your case. Hopefully there are no issues with the inland application and you'll be all good.

PantherOct2017

Oct 21, 2017
The 30 days is just a guideline. You can apply to extend your visitor status right before your status expires. Many here have applied to extend their visitor visa in addition to applying for PR inland and including an OWP. This effectively buys you insurance in the event the inland application is returned for any reason. Anyway - too late to do that in your case. Hopefully there are no issues with the inland application and you'll be all good.
@sylla thanks! We thought that the request to extend stay ( via owp ) is the same thing as request to extend visitor visa. Thats is why we included all together. Should we have done request to extend visitor status first before sending application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@sylla thanks! We thought that the request to extend stay ( via owp ) is the same thing as request to extend visitor visa. Thats is why we included all together. Should we have done request to extend visitor status first before sending application?
No - you didn't have to. However it would have covered you (provided insurance) and kept the applicant in status if by any chance the inland application and OWP was returned. As long as the inland application / OWP is accepted and processed - you'll be fine. If not, you'll need to go through the restoration process.

PantherOct2017

Oct 21, 2017
No - you didn't have to. However it would have covered you (provided insurance) and kept the applicant in status if by any chance the inland application and OWP was returned. As long as the inland application / OWP is accepted and processed - you'll be fine. If not, you'll need to go through the restoration process.
@sylla thanks for he info. We didnt know that. Now i will just have to pray that the application will be accepted. But we will be ready for the restoration process should we need to. I will try to find out to learn more about how it works.

PantherOct2017

Oct 21, 2017
Hello. If anyone could help me? I just received AOR just now after sending our application package last Oct 6. But I am having a hard time linking my account. I tried using chrome with UCI and application number provided in the email sent to me. But its says there are no application found. Please help.

Bassquiat

Sep 16, 2016
Hello everyone I need your help please!

I'm applying under spouse sponsorship with OWP and i received a letter about my OWP saying that the fees where insufficient. Now I noticed that I have 90 days to reapply since my status expired. My visitor status expired on September 26th 2017, so my question is DO I NEED RESTORATION OF STATUS? $200 ON TOP OF THE REGULAR FEES FOR WORK PERMIT?

THANK YOU SO MUCH