+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal visa and Open work permit

May 28, 2020
Hi,
I’m a student studying in University of Victoria.
I want to apply visa for my spouse and daughter. I have opened a CIC GC key account on the name of my wife as a main applicant . My daughter is 6years old . Shall I apply for study visa or visitor visa for my daughter as schooling is free from 1st grade. Pls give your valuable feedback on this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I want to apply visa for my spouse and daughter. I have opened a CIC GC key account on the name of my wife as a main applicant . My daughter is 6years old . Shall I apply for study visa or visitor visa for my daughter as schooling is free from 1st grade. Pls give your valuable feedback on this.
Yes you can try to have your family join you if you’ll have over 6 months left in your program around the time where they might be approved. Your wife should apply for SOWP and your child should be ok with TRV. Are you a PR or citizen? If not you should be posting in the international student section.

Neha Agarwal

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi,
Sundeep, did you spouse and daughter got the approval?

atlanticbay

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Yes you can try to have your family join you if you’ll have over 6 months left in your program around the time where they might be approved. Your wife should apply for SOWP and your child should be ok with TRV. Are you a PR or citizen? If not you should be posting in the international student section.
hi there,

i am applying SOWP and study visa for my 6 year old child. should i open separate GC key for each on of us or can i use my GC key to apply visas for both of my family members ?