+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

jim dandy

Nov 5, 2019
Greetings!

I am a permanent resident and i am currently processing the spousal sponsorship for my wife and my kid for permanent residency, they already done medical examination but no result yet. I am thinking to go home to philippines while waiting for approval of the application of my wife. Can i do that? Will the application of my wife will be forfeited?. Please help. Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Greetings!

I am a permanent resident and i am currently processing the spousal sponsorship for my wife and my kid for permanent residency, they already done medical examination but no result yet. I am thinking to go home to philippines while waiting for approval of the application of my wife. Can i do that? Will the application of my wife will be forfeited?. Please help. Thanks!
You can only go for a short visit. 2-3 weeks seem to be overlooked. As a PR you must remain in Canada during the sponsorship process. You could try to get your family TRVs to join you in Canada while waiting. Normally that is quite difficult but has become easier during the pandemic.

jim dandy

Nov 5, 2019
Greetings!

I am a permanent resident and i am currently processing the spousal sponsorship for my wife and my kid for permanent residency, they already done medical examination but no result yet. I am thinking to go home to philippines while waiting for approval of the application of my wife. Can i do that. Please help. Thanks!
You can only go for a short visit. 2-3 weeks seem to be overlooked. As a PR you must remain in Canada during the sponsorship process. You could try to get your family TRVs to join you in Canada while waiting. Normally that is quite difficult but has become easier during the pandemic.
thankyou!

Jul 4, 2021
Good information.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Manila office is VERY slow it seems.
I’m still waiting for them to finish processing my wife’s application from December 2019…