+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

Martinamgbty

Jan 4, 2018
Ontario, Canada
LANDED..........
04-08-2016
My boyfriend and I already had a daughter and he’s planning to visit us here as a tourist and as soon as he arrives here we’re planning to get married. We never lived together and never shared the same address so can i sponsor him right away after we get married?

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Yes, once you are married you can sponsor him. Make sure you factor in the time it takes for a marriage certificate to be issued. It would help to get a head start on the application now - it takes some time to fill in all the forms and gather all the documents you need.

bmw e30

Mar 26, 2010
Attached some photos together for the party with your applications it will help

All the best

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Based on your other posts and based on the fact that you have a daughter, IRCC will most definitely investigate if you truly did not live together (as you previously mentioned you did and then changed it by saying you only had sleep overs), just an FYI from personal experience, IRCC investigated my brother by having someone go to our neighborhood and ask around if he and his wife really didn’t live together. I don’t know if they always do that but I do know that it happened to my brother.

To add, a TRV is likely to be denied as your boyfriend is from the Philippines and statistics is not on our country’s side.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you been able to get a TRV? It may not be easy to get depending on your boyfriend's financial status and his ties to his home country especially given he has a daughter and girlfriend in Canada.

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

I would like to discuss and get inputs on my case for Spousal Sponsorship.

My husband got PR and is in Canada since almost a week. He is due to receive his PR card in April, post which we will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship. I stay in India and have been working in an MNC since past 6yrs. While I have been regularly reading a lot of forums, but I am still confused on whether we should go with Inland or Outland process.

Earlier the plan was that we apply for Outland Sponsorship, post which I apply for Visitor Visa and go and stay with him starting July until my PR decision comes through. I have a valid 10yr US visa and have also been to US lately, and will also provide NOC from my company, so I have full hopes that my Visitor Visa would not get rejected. But then I have been reading forms wherein I got to know that owing to the application getting stuck in NDVO, sometimes the PR decision takes 8-10months. In that case, I will then have to come back after the end of my 6month visitor visa limit which I don’t want.

So to address this, another idea that struck us was how about applying for Visitor Visa while on job, going to Canada and then applying for Inland Sponsorship? This way I can also get an Open Work Permit and don’t have to worry about sitting idle at home while PR is in process.

Now I have couple of queries if we go through this route:

• Is Inland Sponsorship the best way out here?
  • Do I confess to CIC the intention of applying Inland in my Visitor Visa application? Because else they might find it odd that we haven’t yet put our PR in process yet.
  • Does this confession put my Visitor Visa at risk?
  • Is there any other imp point that I am missing here?

Would really appreciate some expert opinions on this!

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am posting here hoping to find a suggestion on how to proceed with spousal sponsorship in my situation.

So I got my COPR Visa valid till 17th June 2018 and I will mostly travel in April to finish my landing formalities.

My boyfriend and I are planning to get married sometime in the next couple of months and I want to include him in my application.

How soon can I include him in my application once we are married? Should I be having a job for sure to include him in my application? Or is it enough to show the proof of funds like we do for the single applicant? How much should we be showing as proof of funds? Please mention the set of documents I will need to include him. Also please guide regarding getting him a work permit through the same application.

Considering the fact that he is waiting for divorce papers from the court from his previous marriage, how soon can we marry so that the visa officer does not think it is a marriage out of convenience and what proofs do we need to show him to convince regarding the same?

Please suggest if there is anything else that we must consider.

Hoping someone would help with the info.

Thanks and Regards,
SD
Please start your own post and delete this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I would like to discuss and get inputs on my case for Spousal Sponsorship.

My husband got PR and is in Canada since almost a week. He is due to receive his PR card in April, post which we will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship. I stay in India and have been working in an MNC since past 6yrs. While I have been regularly reading a lot of forums, but I am still confused on whether we should go with Inland or Outland process.

Earlier the plan was that we apply for Outland Sponsorship, post which I apply for Visitor Visa and go and stay with him starting July until my PR decision comes through. I have a valid 10yr US visa and have also been to US lately, and will also provide NOC from my company, so I have full hopes that my Visitor Visa would not get rejected. But then I have been reading forms wherein I got to know that owing to the application getting stuck in NDVO, sometimes the PR decision takes 8-10months. In that case, I will then have to come back after the end of my 6month visitor visa limit which I don’t want.

So to address this, another idea that struck us was how about applying for Visitor Visa while on job, going to Canada and then applying for Inland Sponsorship? This way I can also get an Open Work Permit and don’t have to worry about sitting idle at home while PR is in process.

Now I have couple of queries if we go through this route:

• Is Inland Sponsorship the best way out here?
  • Do I confess to CIC the intention of applying Inland in my Visitor Visa application? Because else they might find it odd that we haven’t yet put our PR in process yet.
  • Does this confession put my Visitor Visa at risk?
  • Is there any other imp point that I am missing here?

Would really appreciate some expert opinions on this!

Thanks!
Both inland and outland will take approximately 12 months. Your ability to get a trv is the main issue. Because you have already applied as non-accompanying your chances of getting a trv are quite low but you can always try. It also depends if you want/need to work during that year.

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Both inland and outland will take approximately 12 months. Your ability to get a trv is the main issue. Because you have already applied as non-accompanying your chances of getting a trv are quite low but you can always try. It also depends if you want/need to work during that year.
Yes, I have been reading a lot of discouraging posts about not getting a Visitor Visa of anyone who already has the PR in process. But in this case, PR work will only start later. Do you think I should disclose my intentions of applying Inland? I cannot think of any other reason to not file for PR before visitor.

Fatimamajid

Nov 29, 2017
Hey everyone ..need some help
My gckey says that weneed addtional document we will send you a message with more detail. Now the question is that i submitted my file on 20 july , medical done on13 sep and the file was thn transered to london visa office on 28 n recieved there on 30th oct.acc to me and my husband we have sent all possible documents.its the 7th month since the app was submitted n 4th month since the file is transferred to london visa office.my husband recently visited me in january so how can i send the voluntary proof ? Should i send it to cic or the visa office? What it should contain?

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Okay.. Thanks!

I just got to know that we do not have to wait for PR Card to start the sponsorship process (COPR will do), so we have decided to not take a chance and apply for Outland Sponsorship first, followed by Visitor Visa later, if necessary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Once you apply for PR I would assume a trv will be denied. Your husband can take short 1-2 week visit to India but otherwise expect to be separated for around a year.

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Once you apply for PR I would assume a trv will be denied. Your husband can take short 1-2 week visit to India but otherwise expect to be separated for around a year.
That's not good news! I have heard that CIC has expedited the process and these days it's taking around 5-6mnths to get the approval. Moreover, if I show strong ties at home, there are chances that my Visitor Visa might come through.

On the other hand, not applying for PR but for Visitor Visa at this juncture looks more suspicious as CIC will not understand the reason for me not applying for PR till now when husband is already in Canada.