+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

zara101

Jan 13, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm sponsoring my spouse under family class and have a couple of questions

1) I have not worked much so there are lot of gaps in my employment history, will this effect my application?
2) do I have to submit my notice of assessment? if so, can it be from last year as I did not file it yet for this year?
3) I'm currently not working, how can I provide documentation or proof that I will be able able to support my spouse?

Thanks

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi everyone, I'm sponsoring my spouse under family class and have a couple of questions

1) I have not worked much so there are lot of gaps in my employment history, will this effect my application?
2) do I have to submit my notice of assessment? if so, can it be from last year as I did not file it yet for this year?
3) I'm currently not working, how can I provide documentation or proof that I will be able able to support my spouse?

Thanks
1.Not really
2.You better be.....Without your last year notice of assessment your application will be returned
3.if you are on EI....is fine and you can submit that as well

You must clear all doubt from any officers mind that you can take care of your sponsored spouse because if not, that will be a problem....

Usually you don't need to show any proof of income but that is a trick....you must demonstrate something that you can make money.....

zara101

Jan 13, 2021
1.Not really
2.You better be.....Without your last year notice of assessment your application will be returned
3.if you are on EI....is fine and you can submit that as well

You must clear all doubt from any officers mind that you can take care of your sponsored spouse because if not, that will be a problem....

Usually you don't need to show any proof of income but that is a trick....you must demonstrate something that you can make money.....
I have some money(over $10,000) in my savings account, and we will be living with our parents. additionally, I've looking for a job right now. would that count as supporting evidence?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I have some money(over $10,000) in my savings account, and we will be living with our parents. additionally, I've looking for a job right now. would that count as supporting evidence?
You need to print the NOA and still print the $10000 as part....You living with your wife and your parents and is that comfortable.....I can't tell anything but hope you planned to leave out from the parents house because that creates a whole dilemma....I can't say much on the funds but print the NOA because is part of the requirements so not adding that will create some issue

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi All,

I am a PR since 2017 and have been working full-time in BC since 2018. I am getting married in July in India and my fiance is not a Canadian PR holder(she is an Indian Citizen). After marriage, I am planning to get her here on a visitor visa (which I am hoping she'll get before our marriage in July) and then start her inland spousal sponsorship application from within Canada.
  1. Can anyone help me understand what is the process to initiate the application from within Canada? Is there a thread existing with detailed steps?
  2. We will be getting our marriage registered in India, however, I am unsure if we should use our Indian registered marriage document to get our marriage registered within Canada or get re-married here and then register that marriage in BC?
Kindly advise!

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We will be getting our marriage registered in India, however, I am unsure if we should use our Indian registered marriage document to get our marriage registered within Canada or get re-married here and then register that marriage in BC?
You use your Indian marriage documents, there is no procedure to register foreign marriages nor to re-marry. But foreign marriages are routinely 'recognized' when needed, it is not an issue.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All,

I am a PR since 2017 and have been working full-time in BC since 2018. I am getting married in July in India and my fiance is not a Canadian PR holder(she is an Indian Citizen). After marriage, I am planning to get her here on a visitor visa (which I am hoping she'll get before our marriage in July) and then start her inland spousal sponsorship application from within Canada.
  1. Can anyone help me understand what is the process to initiate the application from within Canada? Is there a thread existing with detailed steps?
  2. We will be getting our marriage registered in India, however, I am unsure if we should use our Indian registered marriage document to get our marriage registered within Canada or get re-married here and then register that marriage in BC?
Kindly advise!

Thanks
Do this fast.....Invite her now as your fiance before you marry her...And while the invites is in process, then you go marry her....Be ready to spend on her travel...If you are lucky she will get her visitors visa in the marriage process and she can come to Canada with you....If you invite and apply for visitors visa after the marriage, that is a dual intent application and that is what takes more review on the file

You don't need to register your marriage in Canada again if you register it in India....

The only solution is how the visitors visa will be granted quick or delayed and in anything, if she comes Here with you with visitors visa then you can do an inland application for her and seek to extend her visitors visa if it's about to expire and once you put the process or application for sponsorship when she's in here then you can apply for spousal open work permit for her

But if any of these processes don't happen then you have to do outland application

Last edited:

kukestoronto

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hello I need some advice, please
failed refugee
inland sponsorship May 2020
background check finished
medical passed
today I received an interview from CBSA Toronto

is called Call IN- Notice
my passport has expired and everything is fine
any answer. would help thanks

RAVDOD

Mar 8, 2022
Hi

I need some advice. I made an inland application for my spouse in September 2021. I believe that I submitted more information than I think was necessary. I am a Canadian citizen with approx. 50 years residency. The application was mailed in and it was returned as it did not meet the requirements for processing. They have asked for proof of certain items and I would like to know how to respond to these questions.

- Do I mail the entire package back including the documents included in the original mailing or just a response to the questions asked. Do I mail them back to the original Mississauga processing centre?
- I also have to do a change in address. Since I only have a Temporary application number how do I change it online? I tried using the payment confirmation number but it did not work.

Thanks

CCTeheran

Jan 6, 2022
Barranquilla, Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hi! Anyone here which visa office was Bogotá? It's been a while since I got news from my app (Canadian government)and I have never heard from them (Bogotá VO). Does anyone knows if it is normal? Or how much it usually takes? I am July 2021 applicant, I have not done medicals nor got police certificate yet

CCTeheran

Jan 6, 2022
Barranquilla, Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
I am trying to register for the new tracker, but it keeps telling me...

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet."

The information I enter is correct, but nothing works. Any idea what I can do to register for the tracker?

The part about "your application is not in our system yet" - would that be regarding the system of the new tracker, or a new application hasn't been entered in the system? Our application was received in June 2021, and we have just received Pre-arrival (and other updates) so our application is definitely in the system. Curious if it is talking about a different 'system' though.
Hi! For what is worth, I had the same situation. I got a different UCI number than the one from the application. I used the one that appears on gkey and it worked. Maybe it could be that?

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Last week we sent my wifes passport to the VFS center in Moscow. They forwarded it to IRCC to get the stamp. Today we recieved this message in the VFS tracker.

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ----------------------- has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Moscow.
Is this phrasing normal? I was expecting it to be 'your passport has been sent' rather than 'decision envelope'. Is there any chance that it was rejected?

Anu.sha

Oct 16, 2021
Hey I have a question. I applied my PR using the online portal back in October 2021 but due to the missing signature, my file got rejected/returned and had to resubmit my file again in January 2022. Yesterday, I got an email from cic stating my file has been updated. When I logged into my account, the submission date automatically changed to Yesterday’s. Does anybody have any idea what that means? Is it a matter of concern?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Last week we sent my wifes passport to the VFS center in Moscow. They forwarded it to IRCC to get the stamp. Today we recieved this message in the VFS tracker.

Is this phrasing normal? I was expecting it to be 'your passport has been sent' rather than 'decision envelope'. Is there any chance that it was rejected?
It's normal, relax. Just a bureaucratic phrasing (they handle app types where decision wasn't known before).

Alakbar0424

Mar 8, 2022
Hi guys,

I have an issue with " ADD ON " process. So, I got married on 12th of November in Georgia ( country ), so end of November I came back to Canada and I sent my wife's application on 13th of December to IRCC Mississauga office. Because I have to update my marital status and I need to add her on my PR application. So I did it, but at the end of January, I got confirmation of my permanent residence paper as a single person, I mean they did not update my marital status on that paper ( confirmation of permanent residence paper ). In February I got my PR card, but IRCC did not say anything about her application. It's almost 3 month, I don't know anything about her application. I already paid her biometric fee and her permanent residence fee as well. When I got my confirmation of my permanent residence, I sent an email to IRCC with their webform to update my marital status, also I sent my spouse's applications in PDF version by Webform as well. After one week one IRCC agent responded to my email and he sent this text to me:

" We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the change of marital status, documents and forms were received by the responsible office.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

He sent this email at the beginning of February. So guys what can I do now? Can I start sponsorship process for my wife or should I wait for their decision? How long will it take to get application number of my spouse? ( Because I have only her tracking number and it has delivered to IRCC mailbox in December 15 ) Can they deny her application? Because I got my PR card and I am able to start sponsorship process, that's why I am asking.

If possible please let me know guys and sorry for my English, I tried my best to explain my situation.
Thank you.