+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

azali

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
FAM
Can I apply both online and Paper based application for family class? My consultant just applied paper based last week and now said he will apply online too? Is this correct practice?
Hi,

You cannot apply twice in same stream, if you applied online or paper base, you cannot apply the other mode in parallel, this would cause delay in processing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I apply both online and Paper based application for family class? My consultant just applied paper based last week and now said he will apply online too? Is this correct practice?
No, you definitely cannot do this. You need to withdraw the first application if you want to reapply. You cannot have two applications within the same immigration program.

Fire your consultant. This is extremely basic knowledge. If your consultant doesn't know that you cannot have two applications in progress at the same time, then it frightens me what other basics he may not know. You will be held responsible for any mistakes made in your application by the consultant. Get rid of this person.

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
I created a an account in the new family sponsorship portal with my wife's(PA) details yesterday and even spoke to an IRCC agent. They said no update. However today I created a new account using my UCI number it says we sent you a message on Dec 12. I never received any email or notification. Moreover the IRCC rep said no updates yet. What to do?

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a question if i want to sponsor my spouse but he is out of status in canada for long time, am i still able to sponsor him.
If i am able to sponsor him what is the chance to get approval.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have few questions if any of the old member can answer that.

1. My file is at ottawa vo after getting SA, once I get DM, will my file be transferred to New Delhi VO and they will issue PPR? or file remains at Ottawa VO only and they will issue PPR ?

2. As per earlier posts, NDVO is really slow so if file gets transferred after getting DM, will it take long time to get PPR ? ( Recent trend doesn't suggest this)

3. If PA gets PPR but she is in Canada at that time ( TRV holder), what should be the procedure ? ( reach out to IRCC via email ? send passport to Ottawa VO ? ) - Please explain in detail if possible.

TIA

dkoren

Feb 9, 2022
Hello,

Quick question:

when applying ONLINE for spousal sponsorship ( using the portal ), do I have to print and sign the PDF forms which I have to upload ? I can't print my name in the fields of imm5532e for example. In this form applicant AND sponsor must sign.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello All

Need help with Relationship Proof Photo - Online Application.

Which is the best way to enter information about Spouse on phone, i mean how to edit photo ?

Comments on photo is good via paint ?
Or insert pic in word then put information bottom of photo?

Can someone please suggest ? Which wau IRCC is accepting.

allenkonax

May 1, 2020
Hello all,

I am a permanent resident living in Canada and has submitted an full application via the cic online portal on Oct 28 2021 for my spouse living outside Canada. Got a submission confirmation from IRCC but Haven’t received any communication from then. Any insights
Also just was wondering, wheather I can apply for a visitor visa if it’s taking too long.

Also since I don’t have UCI I’m not able to creat a tracker profile

kindly guide

kkaran01

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I am PR in canada and I got married in India, I want to apply for spouse sponsorship (outside) Can I apply through online portal or I need to send file by mail ? Please Help

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello all,

I am a permanent resident living in Canada and has submitted an full application via the cic online portal on Oct 28 2021 for my spouse living outside Canada. Got a submission confirmation from IRCC but Haven’t received any communication from then. Any insights
Also just was wondering, wheather I can apply for a visitor visa if it’s taking too long.

Also since I don’t have UCI I’m not able to creat a tracker profile

kindly guide
Hello

Nees your help,

As you have submitted file online, how did you enter information for Photo.

Have you edited in JPEG or inserted in word theb write inform below.

Can you please advise.

TIA

tpel

Feb 10, 2022
hi everyone - my husband finally got an appointment for interview at Delhi consulate after waiting for 3 years, (partly becos of back log of COVID) please provide any interview tips. I am a Nurse and divorcee since 2013, my husband (first marriage). We are very excited and nervous at the sometime. after grueling 3 plus more in waiting, the day is here. Our collective future is hanging in the middle and hands of this officer. Please share your tips, suggestions, advice. Much Appreciated,

Reactions: mann.aman12