+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi guys, I submitted my wife's application in sep and so far I have only received an email saying we received your application on 3rd sep 2021 and here's your app number.
Is this AOR or that would be a different email?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: naveen881

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hi all, if anyone could assist that would be great. We’re out of Canada spousal sponsorship. Here’s our timeline for context:
Applied Feb 2021
Biometrics June 2021
Medicals July 2021
Pre arrival email Jan 2022
Both the sponsor (myself) and PA have been deemed eligible according to our GCMS notes and MP. But today my husband received an email from the IRCC notifying us that we have 30 days for him to resubmit IMM5669, IMM5562 and his police clearance. I’ve checked these docs to see if any of them have been updated since we submitted back in 2021 and only IMM5562 has been updated. IMM5669 is still the exact same form we submitted. I’m wondering if this means we did something wrong or if they have any suspicions regarding his security check? Maybe they require a new police check simply because the ones he gave would be expired by now. Has anyone gone through something similar and could advise? Thanks so much!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all, if anyone could assist that would be great. We’re out of Canada spousal sponsorship. Here’s our timeline for context:
Applied Feb 2021
Biometrics June 2021
Medicals July 2021
Both the sponsor (myself) and PA have been deemed eligible according to our GCMS notes and MP. But today my husband received an email from the IRCC notifying us that we have 30 days for him to resubmit IMM5669, IMM5562 and his police clearance. I’ve checked these docs to see if any of them have been updated since we submitted back in 2021 and only IMM5562 has been updated. IMM5669 is still the exact same form we submitted. I’m wondering if this means we did something wrong or if they have any suspicions regarding his security check? Maybe they require a new police check simply because the ones he gave would be expired by now. Has anyone gone through something similar and could advise? Thanks so much!!
Yes, they sometimes just request updated police check, and also updated personal info forms. Not entirely clear why but not that unusual.

Senobia

Aug 21, 2015
Hi
Looking for some info here based on your experience
Im on visitor visa and have applied paper based inland spousal sponsorship application and submitted work permit

Application sent by post on 1/1/22
Application received by ircc in Mississauga on 10/1/22
I have an ircc login but I don’t think I can link my paper application unless I receive an email from ircc?
anyone on same boat as me?
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for response from ircc for paper based inland application ? Thanks

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Applied Feb 2021
Biometrics June 2021
Medicals July 2021
We are on the same table, probably same person is reviewing our application...lol. I received exactly same ADR today....Don't stress too much! I have gotten GCMS notes and my info sharing reads NRT and I was still asked for updated travel history.
Just submit what is required and let's hope for the best in few weeks to come. The good part is someone is working on your application!

Please, can I ask you what your background check reads in your GCKEY.

z85510

Nov 22, 2021
Anyone has any update about this line ?
We still didn't receive any mail or update on our document.

We sent a letter on July 19, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I've done medical exam 8 month ago

Thanks

Az11

Jun 6, 2021
I have question. I’m jan 20 applicant and now after 2 years and 2 medicals i was finally able to add my dependent in file who was born in between. Now my ECAS updated to DM on 14th January. After how long you think I’ll get passport request? As there’s no such update on case

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
Looking for some info here based on your experience
Im on visitor visa and have applied paper based inland spousal sponsorship application and submitted work permit

Application sent by post on 1/1/22
Application received by ircc in Mississauga on 10/1/22
I have an ircc login but I don’t think I can link my paper application unless I receive an email from ircc?
anyone on same boat as me?
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for response from ircc for paper based inland application ? Thanks
2-3 months before you hear from IRCC is normal.

Reactions: Senobia

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
We are on the same table, probably same person is reviewing our application...lol. I received exactly same ADR today....Don't stress too much! I have gotten GCMS notes and my info sharing reads NRT and I was still asked for updated travel history.
Just submit what is required and let's hope for the best in few weeks to come. The good part is someone is working on your application!

Please, can I ask you what your background check reads in your GCKEY.
That’s a relief!! We were so stressed. The thing I’m worried about is in filling out the form again. Like we only get 1 chance to resubmit the form, and if there’s any error that could be detrimental. In the email they didn’t state whether there was info missing or not for IMM5669 and to my knowledge there shouldn’t be any gaps because we’ve double and triple checked everything when we submitted it a year ago. Although from what I’ve read this form has been difficult for people because it’s so confusing and complex. I’ve reached out to my MP already regarding the application and hoping to hear back from them soon on how to proceed with this new update. Right now I can’t afford the services of an immigration consultant to assist with filling out these forms. And the last set of notes I received was in November and it said security didn’t start yet. I since ordered two sets of notes and haven’t received either of them yet. Seems there’s a big backlog atm

Mar 17, 2021
Hi, does anyone have experience renewing a passport while in-canada spousal PR still in process?
Can I use a Canadian driver's license to do the biometrics?
Thank you

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
We ordered notes about our Spousal Sponsorship application. Friday was the 30th day after we ordered, and we still haven't heard anything back.

I know that they are allowing themselves more than 30 days for the requests, but any idea how long it will be for them to reply?

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
We ordered notes about our Spousal Sponsorship application. Friday was the 30th day after we ordered, and we still haven't heard anything back.

I know that they are allowing themselves more than 30 days for the requests, but any idea how long it will be for them to reply?
Could be a while, we’re approaching 50 days since our request was made. Seems to be a big backlog at the moment. You can submit a complain to ATIP tho