+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The immigration process to sponsor spouse requires an address (current & residential), my problem is that the address is going to change after some time, so what to do in this case when you are not sure about it?
You can either provide a trusted address for mail - known as a mailing address - or just submit changes of address later.

MPNP_Winnipeg

Aug 13, 2012
I am applying for spousal sponsorship for my wife probably in couple of days. I stayed with her for almost 5 months during my latest visit. She conceived our baby but unfortunately she had a miscarriage after 3 months of pregnancy. She had to go through D&C procedure/surgery. Now the question is whether I include this information in support of our relationship along with relevant documents. e.g Pregnancy report + Medical procedure report. etc.

Looking forward for your recommendations.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I am applying for spousal sponsorship for my wife probably in couple of days. I stayed with her for almost 5 months during my latest visit. She conceived our baby but unfortunately she had a miscarriage after 3 months of pregnancy. She had to go through D&C procedure/surgery. Now the question is whether I include this information in support of our relationship along with relevant documents. e.g Pregnancy report + Medical procedure report. etc.

Looking forward for your recommendations.
Add everything you think is necessary to make your case presentation and convincing....impressed an officer that you have all it takes take make your case different from among the rest....Add everything you have and let an officer wonder!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
The immigration process to sponsor spouse requires an address (current & residential), my problem is that the address is going to change after some time, so what to do in this case when you are not sure about it?
Add the current address and when you change your address after 3 month or so, send a webform of change of address

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hello, Not yet. I was wondering if the online applications processing time is the same as others or not! Do you have any info about that?
Online apps are not faster. They are currently lagging about a month behind to receive AOR and then seem to be catch up a bit as other requests are made but the process is too new to know much more at the moment.

Reactions: arghikhanoom

BILL33

Jan 10, 2022
Hi all - What does AOR with perceptive application# mean ?

Is it a temporary application number you get before the real one ?

I applied Inland Spousal - package received July 30, 2021 . Still haven't received anything

Reactions: Lila123

akunamachi

Jan 8, 2022
Hello group.

Apply for spousal sponsorship on 10/16/2020 outside of Canada. I already had my medical exams done and I passed them on 12/16/2021. Is there anyone in this group who is waiting as long as I am?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hey everyone,
I submitted my application in August 2021, but returned due to missing documents in September 2021.

Resubmitted January 2022, finally delivered but not signed by anyone at the time of delivery like last time it was signed by Terri (CL) citz.

is it normal ??
If anyone can help thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey everyone,
I submitted my application in August 2021, but returned due to missing documents in September 2021.

Resubmitted January 2022, finally delivered but not signed by anyone at the time of delivery like last time it was signed by Terri (CL) citz.

is it normal ??
If anyone can help thanks
Not always doing the signing in covid times. Shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Please, can someone explain how security checks work with this scenario:

When my spousal application was transferred to my local office in March, the background check read "we are processing your background check. We will let you know if we need more information". Later on probably when they requested for additional document in July or when my eCAS changed to "In process" in August, background check went back to "we are processing your application, we will let you know when your background check starts".
Also, on getting my GCMS notes, security has not started but Info sharing is complete and I have NRT. I'm guessing there's a link between info sharing and security checks.

The question now is that, is it possible that security hasn't started at all? Or they don't just update some accounts until everything is done?

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Please, can someone explain how security checks work with this scenario:

When my spousal application was transferred to my local office in March, the background check read "we are processing your background check. We will let you know if we need more information". Later on probably when they requested for additional document in July or when my eCAS changed to "In process" in August, background check went back to "we are processing your application, we will let you know when your background check starts".
Also, on getting my GCMS notes, security has not started but Info sharing is complete and I have NRT. I'm guessing there's a link between info sharing and security checks.

The question now is that, is it possible that security hasn't started at all? Or they don't just update some accounts until everything is done?
Well, I heard they don't disclose everything. People who have ordered for more than 1 GCMS note complains it's all not the same. Example: First GCMS note says security checks completed but info sharing has not started. But next GCMS note tells you security checks started..... You can link up with @legalfalcon for more information. But what I've provided is what I read on this forum.