+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
I am about to upload my documents, showing evidence that I will return to Canada, but my file is too big. I've put everything into 1 PDF, and the file is too big.

I assume I can split it into multiple files, right?

I don't want to submit 1 file, hit upload, and then it doesn't let me send them the rest of what I am trying to give them.
yes you can split it into more than one pdf

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi there,
I'm a principal applicant from Tanzania living in Qatar. Not sure about applications from Saudi but I believe if you have everything in check ,then I hope the process won't take too long. Usually for background checks, applications coming from Middle east are forwarded to London Visa office or the principal applicant's country. From what I've heard London VO is usually very busy and that's why some applications take a long time during the background check (3-6 months).However, I'm seeing alot of improvement this year. I'm one of the applicants of the month of June 2021 (Outland) and I can see from the tracking tool, things are moving for applicants whose papers are in London VO. So Just make sure you don't leave any signature, you're detailed as possible in the form and supporting documents, and pray that everything goes well :)
My timeline is in my signature
All the best!
Congrats!!! I saw the update in your signature! Man you must be feeling great. Thank you for sharing a positive picture in the otherwise bit hopeless scene. Really happy for you. I hope you get here asap. So you are the principal applicant - your spouse is sponsoring you? Dont leave your job in Qatar. Job situation is not that great in Canada. Anyways - wish you all the best.

Reactions: bonjourToto

Ch@mp

Jul 29, 2020
Hello Friends, I have submitted an outland spousal application and my application is currently being processed outside Canada. As a sponsor what is the process to update the address and employment details on the file. Once I update do I need submit any documents or fill out any extra forms for it?
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello Friends, I have submitted an outland spousal application and my application is currently being processed outside Canada. As a sponsor what is the process to update the address and employment details on the file. Once I update do I need submit any documents or fill out any extra forms for it?
Thanks for the help
Employment update not necessary unless requested. Address can be updated on your IRCC online account.

zuhkey

Mar 6, 2021
Congrats!!! I saw the update in your signature! Man you must be feeling great. Thank you for sharing a positive picture in the otherwise bit hopeless scene. Really happy for you. I hope you get here asap. So you are the principal applicant - your spouse is sponsoring you? Dont leave your job in Qatar. Job situation is not that great in Canada. Anyways - wish you all the best.
Haha thank you! I'm excited and very nervous too. Yes my spouse is sponsoring me. And I'm not leaving my job in Qatar, I work remotely ;)
Thank you and I pray your application goes smoothly and fast! Good luck!

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
100% approved... Please what is your spouse application timeline?
not necessarily. Pre-Arrival only means they are eligible to immigrate, document checks, background checks etc. *may* still be waiting to be cleared. However, the status change may happen on the same date and depending on when they completed everything Pre-Arrival and PPR might arrive in same day. In cases where we see a delay between Pre-Arrival and PPR - what is happening is that their background / document etc are still being verified. So Pre-Arrival does not automatically mean the application is 100% approved.

zuhkey

Mar 6, 2021
not necessarily. Pre-Arrival only means they are eligible to immigrate, document checks, background checks etc. *may* still be waiting to be cleared. However, the status change may happen on the same date and depending on when they completed everything Pre-Arrival and PPR might arrive in same day. In cases where we see a delay between Pre-Arrival and PPR - what is happening is that their background / document etc are still being verified. So Pre-Arrival does not automatically mean the application is 100% approved.
Yes that's right

Ch@mp

Jul 29, 2020
Employment update not necessary unless requested. Address can be updated on your IRCC online account.
Do i still need to go through this exercise even if i have received “DM” on ecase and does “DM” is still subject to an interview?

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
By updating address on the IRCC online account, do you mean via Webform? Just curious because they made a mistake in the spelling of the address on my PPR letter and I've sent a couple webforms and email to correct it (no response yet). I just checked on the IRCC online account and there is no option to edit address.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
By updating address on the IRCC online account, do you mean via Webform? Just curious because they made a mistake in the spelling of the address on my PPR letter and I've sent a couple webforms and email to correct it (no response yet). I just checked on the IRCC online account and there is no option to edit address.
Try this: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en

But I don't think it's necessary in your case since the address type is just a typo. If your address is correct on your account then that's it. You will be asked again about your address for PR card.