+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tusharn

Jul 29, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have a PR and I just moved to Canada last week. I want to sponsor my spouse. I want to know how long do I have to be living in Canada before I can sponsor her?

Also, can I travel while the application is in process?

Thanks!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I have a PR and I just moved to Canada last week. I want to sponsor my spouse. I want to know how long do I have to be living in Canada before I can sponsor her?

Also, can I travel while the application is in process?

Thanks!
Well, No.1, you want to respect your PR rules and regulations because you can loose your PR if you travel longer than expected as Canada boarder will know when you moved out and came in .To maintain your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days(2 years) during the last five years. These 730 days do not need to be continuous but to become a Citizen and be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship, you must be a permanent resident of Canada for 1095 days(3 years). No.2. You can bring your spouse anytime and the time frame is from the day you apply to sponser her/him for up to 12 month or longer depending on how your story is convincing. You can travel while application is in process but don't ever try to fool canada as Boarder officers will know when your moved out and in and try not to travel outside Canada more frequently than 4 times per year, for 2 – 4 weeks at a time

tusharn

Jul 29, 2021
Well, No.1, you want to respect your PR rules and regulations because you can loose your PR if you travel longer than expected as Canada boarder will know when you moved out and came in .To maintain your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days(2 years) during the last five years. These 730 days do not need to be continuous but to become a Citizen and be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship, you must be a permanent resident of Canada for 1095 days(3 years). No.2. You can bring your spouse anytime and the time frame is from the day you apply to sponser her/him for up to 12 month or longer depending on how your story is convincing. You can travel while application is in process but don't ever try to fool canada as Boarder officers will know when your moved out and in and try not to travel outside Canada more frequently than 4 times per year, for 2 – 4 weeks at a time
So, spouse can travel to Canada and stay in Canada even while Spousal application is in process?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
So, spouse can travel to Canada and stay in Canada even while Spousal application is in process?
If that application(visitors visa, study and work permit) will be approved..why not..but for the most part, since you applied as an outland application, they must stay in their country of citizenship as the application will be forwarded to that jurisdiction since the Visa office knows much about the culture, laws and regulations in that country so when they are called upon for let say an interview at a particular point in time and they are not around...that could raise a red flag....Anyhow, just trust the process and go with what IRCC tells or requires

Last edited:

VJ2021

Aug 13, 2021
After Passport is sent for stamping. for spousal PR, does COPR comes via mail to the address or via email? Thanks

Saurabh_Trivedi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask a question here. I am a PR holder and living in india right now. I had put file in visitor category and pr as well for my wife.

She got request for biometrics for visitor file and we did 1 month ago. Now recently she Got medical and biometrics request again for pr file category.

My question here is that do I need to do her biometrics again for pr category or will it be automatically updated as they have it for visitor visa application?

Please reply with your genuine answers. Thank you in advance.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask a question here. I am a PR holder and living in india right now. I had put file in visitor category and pr as well for my wife.

She got request for biometrics for visitor file and we did 1 month ago. Now recently she Got medical and biometrics request again for pr file category.

My question here is that do I need to do her biometrics again for pr category or will it be automatically updated as they have it for visitor visa application?

Please reply with your genuine answers. Thank you in advance.
You don't need need to do the biometrics again....is good for 10 years so you guys are good to go....Don't do it again! Check on her GC Key and get the biometrics number and Webcam IRCC about that but you can't be living in India doing sponsorship....it will be refused. You got to be in Canada...lol

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello group,

Someone who has entered Canada and is vaccinated. Steps to review those vaccinated from another country:

Could you tell me what is the review process with that issue of the vaccine card?

Only the vaccination card is shown and they let you pass?

Or is there a more in-depth review that takes longer for them to validate?

Thanks so much for the guidance and help.

JackT

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Hello guys!!
I need help.
Actually my wife already gave biometrics for her visitor visa application two months ago.
Now, recently she got the biometrics for her spousal sponsorship application.
So does she need to give biometrics again for her PR application??
Your efforts really helps us.
Thank you.

danielle zak

Sep 12, 2021
Thank you for this, I was wondering if anyone know anything about apply for a permanent residence when you have a student visa. My husband is from the states currently studying in Canada. The plan is for me to sponsor him for his PR. ( I am Canadian). I am wondering If we can start the process while he is still studying or if we need to wait until he is finished school.

Thanks for all the help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for this, I was wondering if anyone know anything about apply for a permanent residence when you have a student visa. My husband is from the states currently studying in Canada. The plan is for me to sponsor him for his PR. ( I am Canadian). I am wondering If we can start the process while he is still studying or if we need to wait until he is finished school.

Thanks for all the help.
No need to wait, can apply while he is studying.

Martusik

Feb 28, 2021
Hi, I really need your advise.
My work permit/visa ends next month (October 4). My husband’s sponsoring me. We sent our application in March and in May we received a letter from cic that application was received. We included work permit extension form with the application but haven’t heard anything from the immigration. Can you please let me know what I should do? What status I will be holding if I stay in Canada after the WP expires. Also, what I should tell the HR at work?
Thank you everyone in advance!

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
We got an e-mail saying:
Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
GCKey says:
  • Review of eligibility
    • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Final decision
    • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
And there is an invitation to pre-arrival services (which I don't think we can use because it's an inland application).

ECAS, however, says "Decision made" under sponsor and principal applicant.

This is the only update we have gotten since medical passed.

So, uh... Is this SA? AIP? DM? All three? I'm a bit confused.