+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
Hi friends,
Please share your valuable suggestions and feedback.
My status:
I am in permanent resident in Canada and my wife is in India applied for PR. She received pre-arrival service email from Canada Government but waiting for passport request for past five months.
I want to apply for visitor visa for her now.
My question is: Can I apply on her behalf? can the application for visitor visa be "online"?
Does she still have to sign them the forms and courier to me so that I could scan them and upload online?
Do we upload digital picture online for visitor visa?
How much she has to show in her account as she doesnt work anymore?
If you awesome people could answer these questions and share the valuable links to make my initiation of visitor visa application easy, I will really really appreciate it.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi friends,
Please share your valuable suggestions and feedback.
My status:
I am in permanent resident in Canada and my wife is in India applied for PR. She received pre-arrival service email from Canada Government but waiting for passport request for past five months.
I want to apply for visitor visa for her now.
My question is: Can I apply on her behalf? can the application for visitor visa be "online"?
Does she still have to sign them the forms and courier to me so that I could scan them and upload online?
Do we upload digital picture online for visitor visa?
How much she has to show in her account as she doesnt work anymore?
If you awesome people could answer these questions and share the valuable links to make my initiation of visitor visa application easy, I will really really appreciate it.
They are all done online....
At least from $8000-$10000 and the link is TRV's but unfortunately TRV's are taking much longer these days
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html

Yes upload pictures and you can do it for her as well. You probably can let her sign with ink and send it to you and you print it and that should be fine

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello everyone, please I’m new here.
Applying for common law partner Outland. Are these six forms all I need for my application ?
1. Additional family information
2. Generic form
3. Relationship and spousal evaluation
4. Schedule A background declaration
5. Spousal undertaking
6. Additional family information

Last edited:

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello everyone, please I’m new here.
Applying for common law partner Outland. Are these six forms all I need for my application ?
1. Additional family information
2. Generic form
3. Relationship and spousal evaluation
4. Schedule A background declaration
5. Spousal undertaking
6. Additional family information
Here you go aside the pictures and extra documents you must provide...

Here’s how to get all the forms you need:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Here’s the list :
IMM5533 – checklist
IMM1344 – Sponsor appl.
IMM0008 – PR appl.
IMM5406 – family details ( for your spouse)
eIMM5669 – Background details (for your spouse – note this form is different from the IMM5669 you likely filed on the H&C)
IMM5532 – relationship details
IMM5562 – travel history (for your spouse)
IMM5546 – military service (only if she did any army service)

Cheers

Reactions: Janet A

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Here you go aside the pictures and extra documents you must provide...

Here’s how to get all the forms you need:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Here’s the list :
IMM5533 – checklist
IMM1344 – Sponsor appl.
IMM0008 – PR appl.
IMM5406 – family details ( for your spouse)
eIMM5669 – Background details (for your spouse – note this form is different from the IMM5669 you likely filed on the H&C)
IMM5532 – relationship details
IMM5562 – travel history (for your spouse)
IMM5546 – military service (only if she did any army service)

Cheers
Thank you so much

April Summers

Mar 16, 2021
Hi! I have a question is it possible for a person to apply for spousal sponsorship while she has a caregiver application at the same time?

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi everyone in document checklist IMM 5533, Q5 class of application. Is this question is for PA or sponsor. I am confused am sponsoring my wife and filling outland application, she is not in canada should I pick the middle option?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi everyone in document checklist IMM 5533, Q5 class of application. Is this question is for PA or sponsor. I am confused am sponsoring my wife and filling outland application, she is not in canada should I pick the middle option?
If the applicant is outland they should choose I'm currently living outside Canada but if they are already in the country, they should say I'm currently living in Canada.....It's always for the PA and not the sponsor....!!

Reactions: ricky.lambton

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello everyone, I am filling common law partner Outland IMM 5532,Relationship and sponsorship evaluations. How do I fill this form?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello everyone, I am filling common law partner Outland IMM 5532,Relationship and sponsorship evaluations. How do I fill this form?
Both the sponsor and PA must fill this form and sign. When you met time and date, who introduced who to who, how you met. Financial dependents on the sponsor. Family members of the sponsor that knows the principal. How the wedding ceremony happened, who were there. Has any of you be pregnant before and with whom....these are clear info for the both of you to answer....Tell them all there is that they need to know or requesting on the sheet

Reactions: Janet A

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Both the sponsor and PA must fill this form and sign. When you met time and date, who introduced who to who, how you met. Financial dependents on the sponsor. Family members of the sponsor that knows the principal. How the wedding ceremony happened, who were there. Has any of you be pregnant before and with whom....these are clear info for the both of you to answer....Tell them all there is that they need to know or requesting on the sheet
Thank you for the reply