+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

PaoM

Nov 29, 2020
There's no positive outcome except you cancel or withdraw this one. You wanted to make your file stronger but you make a huge mistake which is you were common law partner and you did not flag it to them. This not a minor mistake and you have to anticipate a rejection or headache and the simple thing to do is «Cancel». So that, the file won't be processed and you are good to fix your mistake and Re-send your new application.
I will be cancelling/withdrawing my application. Question is, hopefully, they will not keep the cancel papers. Will they? I will submit a new application with the correct information.

anshulbanwari

Aug 3, 2021
Hi,

my wife received a letter for additional documents request. Documents we submitted by mail/ post to NDVO. Was received and IRCC account states documents were received on Aug 19 and are under review. Got interview call to my wife as well from NDVO. However, the confusion is if we already submitted the documents by mail, but in IRCC account, under: view submitted application or upload documents", it still gives choice to submit the required documents (same docs which were sent already). Confused whether we submit through mail and online both or we can disregard the online uploading choice as the docs were already received, seen by officer and got interviewed ? Very confusing for me. Kindly let me know if anyone else had such situation.
I don't think you need to resubmit it as it already shows on the portal that docs have been received and under review. But you can always raise a webform to confirm with IRCC as well. Good luck!
Can you please share your timeline as well?

frange

May 25, 2018
I will be cancelling/withdrawing my application. Question is, hopefully, they will not keep the cancel papers. Will they? I will submit a new application with the correct information.
If the file is open, YES they will have all the information scanned since no further file process, PROBABLY they won't go into it .

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hi can someone please tell me what’s the best way to contact IRCC other than the webform. Is calling good?

bdayem

Dec 3, 2019
Hi everyone, my application is in progress, April 2020 outland, spousal family class sponsorship. I have not heard any updates for 2 months, although we finished the medical test since December 2020 and also submitted all additional requested documents within 1 week of the request. I have friends and people that I know that applied long after I have and their application is already complete. I am concerned as to why its taking this long I was expecting this to be finalized by June 2021 at most?

Also, if anyone can direct as to which number I could call and how long the wait times are that would be very much appreicated.

Thank you in advance!

Avani15

Apr 13, 2021
This was received in the sponsor's email today (we were expecting SA) can anyone shed some light on what this means? Anyone else who got this email/message? We received the AOR1 on 20th August (file received 21st June 2021) and have a permanent file number and UCI and the application is Outland

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your sponsorship application and to advise that your file is presently pending review by an officer. You will be contacted in the future if further information is required or as soon as the decision on your application is finalized."

We're worried this maybe a secondary review, as we haven't received the SA/medical request yet.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This was received in the sponsor's email today (we were expecting SA) can anyone shed some light on what this means? Anyone else who got this email/message? We received the AOR1 on 20th August (file received 21st June 2021) and have a permanent file number and UCI and the application is Outland

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your sponsorship application and to advise that your file is presently pending review by an officer. You will be contacted in the future if further information is required or as soon as the decision on your application is finalized."
It seems to be exactly what it pertains to be - an acknowledgement.

We're worried this maybe a secondary review, as we haven't received the SA/medical request yet.
Worry about it if you wish, but it seems both unwarranted and likely to change anything.

You can apply for your GCMS notes instead of worrying. Might not give much useful information, but more useful than just worrying.

Reactions: esam99

Janicetran

Sep 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have been waiting for my application’s result and my work permit will expire at the end of this month. I got an open work permit from my spousal sponsorship application. Can someone give advice about work permit extension as I couldn’t find any option that match with my status.

Thank you so much and stay safe.

John Lennon

Sep 1, 2021
Hi everyone!

I would like to inquire about Spousal Sponsorship application. My husband got the PR Card in November last year, and we held a wedding on July this year. After I got married, I want to immigrate through Spousal Sponsorship.

Due to my own reasons, I applied for Canadian provincial nomination immigration in 2016 after we fell in love, and finally was refused by IRCC as a misrepresentation due to fraudulent documents included in application. And I was not allowed to apply for and enter Canada within 5 years. The five-year period will end in July 2023.

I have seen the text on the website, that it is still possible to sponsor them for Permanent Residence despite them being inadmissible for Misrepresentation. So in my case, can I apply spousal sponsorship before July 2023? How long it will take to get the PR in this way? What is your suggestion on my case? Do I need to wait until the inadmissibility expried or apply right now? Which is faster and with higher successful rate

Avani15

Apr 13, 2021
It seems to be exactly what it pertains to be - an acknowledgement.

Worry about it if you wish, but it seems both unwarranted and likely to change anything.

You can apply for your GCMS notes instead of worrying. Might not give much useful information, but more useful than just worrying.

@armoured thanks for your reply. Spousal Sponsorships are indeed worrisome since we've spent considerable time away from each other by now. I understand that you aren't in a similar situation where your application was put on hold while others, whose applications were filed on the same day have moved forward in the process and hence do not understand why should we be worried at all
As I've mentioned in my post I was (and still am) looking to hear from someone who has received a similar email (if at all there is someone) from the current applicants or the experienced lot who generally are kind enough to guide the applicants who feel stuck at any step

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
@armoured thanks for your reply. Spousal Sponsorships are indeed worrisome since we've spent considerable time away from each other by now. I understand that you aren't in a similar situation where your application was put on hold while others, whose applications were filed on the same day have moved forward in the process and hence do not understand why should we be worried at all
As I've mentioned in my post I was (and still am) looking to hear from someone who has received a similar email (if at all there is someone) from the current applicants or the experienced lot who generally are kind enough to guide the applicants who feel stuck at any step
Armoured is right. Your file was received in June and you’ve received AOR1 in 2 months time, which is fairly standard. He is simply telling you there is no reason to worry at that stage yet. It is a good sign that they are sending you acknowledgment as it means they are dealing with your file.
There is no need to stress yourself unnecessarily as it can be a long process and you don’t want to wear yourself down so early.

Reactions: armoured

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
1) How can we check the VO of PA?

2) Sponsor has received communication from CIC that file of PA will be transferred to New Delhi VO. But how can we verify if this transfer is done or yet to be done?

3) Which stage is this? (AOR2 ?)
4) how long we can expect in the decision of PA after Medicals?

Thanks in advance.

PaoM

Nov 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am currently filling up forms for our SPousal sponsorship.

I have questions. I am PR since 2018 landed as single. went home to home country last year April2020-September2020, and got married in August2020. In the forms, should I include in my address history that I stayed in the rental apartment my wife was renting? so we will have same address for April2020-Sept2020. Do you think that will have any problem? note that we only got married August, so from April until august we are cohabiting even not married yet.

Thank you