+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

AfrinI

Aug 29, 2021
I am an international PhD student in Canada study permit ending in 2025. I got married in Canada recently, and My husband is a PR. My husband wants to sponsor me and apply for my PR application (inland). The problem is, as per my academic requirement, I need to travel back to my home country for research purposes for an extended period of time (approx. 8 months) when the application will be processing. Considering these facts, would it be ideal for me to apply now? Please share your recommendations and also if you have gone through similar experiences.

Thanks for your help in advance.

cheersbabe

Apr 25, 2021
My partner applied for PR (in Canada applicant) and we had included an open work permit with the application. My partners permanent residency was happily APPROVED recently and we have not had any updates on my open work permit throughout the entirety of my application process. As I understand that he is now a permanent resident he does not need the open work permit. Can I withdraw the open work permit application and request a refund? What would be the process for that?

Sharingan

Jul 21, 2021
My partner applied for PR (in Canada applicant) and we had included an open work permit with the application. My partners permanent residency was happily APPROVED recently and we have not had any updates on my open work permit throughout the entirety of my application process. As I understand that he is now a permanent resident he does not need the open work permit. Can I withdraw the open work permit application and request a refund? What would be the process for that?
The OWP is not included as a standard in the inland application right? Its a choice and you paid for it separately. Correct me if I am wrong, I am an Outland applicant btw. The application can't be withdrawn when your husband does his landing in Canada. And you paid for something you haven't used.... You are not going to pay for something you haven't used or can't use, I'd check with them if there is a policy for a refund.

Contact them, make a phone call or use the webform.

Martusik

Feb 28, 2021
I see — thanks for the information. What number are you calling them on? Is it a long wait on call before they answer?
we’re in the same situation. Got a temporary application # sometime in Aprli. Not a word since then. Can you please share the phone number with me, too?
Thanks!

90skids

Aug 31, 2021
Hi,

I had raised a webform to NDVO since my medical result was not updated on ecas/ GC key. My SA letter mentioned file transferred to NDVO.
I received below email from NDVO :

Please be advised that we can only assist in applications where India is the main processing office. You have submitted an application under a permanent resident category and your application is being processed in Canada.

Any idea what does this mean? Did anyone receive similar message from NDVO/ any other VO?
Hi, I got the same response from NDVO for a webform that we submitted. And I re-submitted 10 days later with another one. It's been 5 days since and no response yet.

Did you find out why we got this and if there is any other solution? I called IRCC agent twice and they don't know why NDVO sent back a response like that.

Amreen1

Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone I got request for biometric fee for my husband and i paid on same day and uploaded receipt via webform , I sent it again with his medical emedical form as well but did not get instruction letter yet.I assume that they issue instruction letter within 24hrs after payments Unfortunately we didn't hear anything yet since 7days.Please anyone help me to figure it out if there is any other way to reach ircc.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone I got request for biometric fee for my husband and i paid on same day and uploaded receipt via webform , I sent it again with his medical emedical form as well but did not get instruction letter yet.I assume that they issue instruction letter within 24hrs after payments Unfortunately we didn't hear anything yet since 7days.Please anyone help me to figure it out if there is any other way to reach ircc.
Normal delay.

PaoM

Nov 29, 2020
Hi Everyone

We just sent our spousal application 2 weeks ago. Now, i realized we are in a huge problem :( i just read about the undeclared dependent being refused from this forum. I was a dependent to my mother's apllication before and got here as PR in 2018 as single. I have a fiancee back home then. I landed 2018 and went back to my country of residence last year to get married to be able finally have my wife here in Canada.

BUT, on our application. We stated that we lived together prior to landing here in Canada for more than year. I thought that stating that will make our relationship proof as geniuine. But upon reading the undeclared dependent, it will categorize my wife as a common law. Will ircc determine it as common law based only from the dates we entered on our papers? I did not include any proof of cohabitation as it was only a rental aparment and both of us still go on and go home to our respective house every weekend or so. In that rental apartment, we also lived together with my younger sister. I believe we do not fall into common law as we do not really have any joint bank accounts, any property under our name. our primary addresses were still from our main residence, its just that we rented an apartment together.

I still have not received the AOR for out application. what will be the best way of going forward from here? Can i cancel the application? or just wait for their decision. im completely devastated right now.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone

We just sent our spousal application 2 weeks ago. Now, i realized we are in a huge problem :( i just read about the undeclared dependent being refused from this forum. I was a dependent to my mother's apllication before and got here as PR in 2018 as single. I have a fiancee back home then. I landed 2018 and went back to my country of residence last year to get married to be able finally have my wife here in Canada.

BUT, on our application. We stated that we lived together prior to landing here in Canada for more than year. I thought that stating that will make our relationship proof as geniuine. But upon reading the undeclared dependent, it will categorize my wife as a common law. Will ircc determine it as common law based only from the dates we entered on our papers? I did not include any proof of cohabitation as it was only a rental aparment and both of us still go on and go home to our respective house every weekend or so. In that rental apartment, we also lived together with my younger sister. I believe we do not fall into common law as we do not really have any joint bank accounts, any property under our name. our primary addresses were still from our main residence, its just that we rented an apartment together.

I still have not received the AOR for out application. what will be the best way of going forward from here? Can i cancel the application? or just wait for their decision. im completely devastated right now.
Which application did you put in false information? Your PR as dependent of your mother or your spousal sponsorship?

Were you living together for 1 years before you landed as PR in 2018?

PaoM

Nov 29, 2020
Which application did you put in false information? Your PR as dependent of your mother or your spousal sponsorship?

Were you living together for 1 years before you landed as PR in 2018?
I was included in my mom's application as dependent. While waiting for the PR grant I was living with my fiance and had it noted in our application that we have a same address for more that a year. Thinking it would be beneficial in proving our relationship as genuine.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I was included in my mom's application as dependent. While waiting for the PR grant I was living with my fiance and had it noted in our application that we have a same address for more that a year. Thinking it would be beneficial in proving our relationship as genuine.
so did you live with your common law partner for 1 year before landing as a PR. That's misreprensentation in your mom's application.
She should have removed you from her depedent list since you were not single any more.

Or did you NOT live with your spouse as a common law partner back then before you land. Only 1 of them can be true.

PaoM

Nov 29, 2020
so did you live with your common law partner for 1 year before landing as a PR. That's misreprensentation in your mom's application.
She should have removed you from her depedent list since you were not single any more.

Or did you NOT live with your spouse as a common law partner back then before you land. Only 1 of them can be true.

to be honest, i lived with my still fiancee before landing as PR. mom and me do not know that we need to declare that i am not single anymore, because I am not married yet at the time of PR landing.

will ircc refuse my wife spousal application using only the information(dates) entered on our paper submission? there are no other proof of cohabitation and other proof such as joint accounts, properties under our name.

and if we were living with my sister in the same rental apartment, will be considered as commonlaw ?

Can we still cancel the application? as we have not received AOR yet? then we can submit a new application

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi Everyone

- That's called misrepresentation
1- There's no way to fix that unless you cancel this one and send another one with the real information.
2- Pay another fee for the new application and request a reimbursement for the other one you are already sent. Just to avoid payment conflict in the system.
3-Contact IRCC client service to tell them that you want to cancel your application( No explanation) and they will guide you.
4- Start right away your new application since you have to cancel the current one

frange

May 25, 2018
still hoping for a positive outcome.
There's no positive outcome except you cancel or withdraw this one. You wanted to make your file stronger but you make a huge mistake which is you were common law partner and you did not flag it to them. This not a minor mistake and you have to anticipate a rejection or headache and the simple thing to do is «Cancel». So that, the file won't be processed and you are good to fix your mistake and Re-send your new application.