+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

13Noor

Aug 26, 2021
Good Morning,
My husband just got his passport submission request in India. He got email but there is no attachment of the download copy and his CIC account has not been updated. Can some shed some light on this issue.
Thanks

Reactions: Anmolr236

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Good Morning,
My husband just got his passport submission request in India. He got email but there is no attachment of the download copy and his CIC account has not been updated. Can some shed some light on this issue.
Thanks
They wrote on email if you are not receiving dwnld copy you have to re email on some email address they were given in that email.
Is you tell about your application like on what date you applied?

chikolobi

Jun 19, 2021
Good morning everyone,
I have a question, please. I am the sponsor and up till now my wife's application has been stuck on Medical passed. No SA or AIP. we applied on August 6th, 2020, medical passed May 17, 2021, Additional Document request May 26, 2021, but since then we have heard nothing. status saying "we are processing background check". by the way, we mistakenly omitted to apply for OWP and since it's way too late we decided not to apply anymore.
please we need some advice because this is getting weirder every day and we don't know what to do anymore. Appreciate everyone's input in advance.

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Good morning everyone,
I have a question, please. I am the sponsor and up till now my wife's application has been stuck on Medical passed. No SA or AIP. we applied on August 6th, 2020, medical passed May 17, 2021, Additional Document request May 26, 2021, but since then we have heard nothing. status saying "we are processing background check". by the way, we mistakenly omitted to apply for OWP and since it's way too late we decided not to apply anymore.
please we need some advice because this is getting weirder every day and we don't know what to do anymore. Appreciate everyone's input in advance.
It's ok now most of july 2020 applications get results and many of them got pre arrival dm and ppr at same day .so next turn is August applications when they pick your file you got everything in few days so relax and hope for the best

Reactions: chikolobi

chikolobi

Jun 19, 2021
It's ok now most of july 2020 applications get results and many of them got pre arrival dm and ppr at same day .so next turn is August applications when they pick your file you got everything in few days so relax and hope for the best
Thank you for the response, really appreciate it.

Reactions: Anmolr236
Nov 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

My wife (India) got her passport request on 5-Aug-2021 and submitted passport and other relevant documents on 12-Aug-2021. The only concern we have is that my wife may have forgotten to write down her name and DOB at the back of the photo, however the photographer's stamp is there.

The first update on VFS tracking we got was "Your application has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Tue Aug 17 2021". The next update was "Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-NEW DELHI on Fri Aug 27 2021". 6 hours later, the update was "The decision envelope for your application has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, New Delhi OC".

I am assuming that we will get the courier and will find out the result sometime tomorrow, but my wife is out of city for the next few days and it is killing us to not know what the decision is (the earliest we will find out personally is Monday).

Does the above updates mean that our passport will come back stamped?

Last edited:

Leo2021

Aug 17, 2021
I have a question , my husband applied for my spousal immigration visa , so only my husband will get emails or notifications or I will get too ? Please tell me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question , my husband applied for my spousal immigration visa , so only my husband will get emails or notifications or I will get too ? Please tell me
Depends on what email addresses were put in the application.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Hi
ircc asked me to give additional details, so i will take picture of the document (by mobile ) and than i will convert into pdf and after that i will upload in my cic account . is it work ? is it ok ? please help me out, thank you in advance
I thinkif the pictures are readable, it should be fine.
I submitted additional documents by taking pictures and it was accepted by immigration.

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Does anyone know if the refugee applications for Afghanistan go to the London Visa office to be proccesed? If that is the case then are spousal applications from other countries that are proceesed at the LVO gonna get delayed?

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hello

My wife has submitted her passport for PR.
Last week she got counterfoil generated in her GCKEY account but yesterday when I checked her GCKEY account and counterfoil disappeared.
Application status changed to in person from Approved and Biometrics information is missing.
Eligibility changed to in process from complete.

Anyone has idea what could be the reason ?

We are really worried about these changes, please let me know if anyone had similar issues.

Thank you.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
hi all
please help me out
1). any idea if the file is more than 5 mb than how we can upload the file in GCKEY account (ircc asked to submit additional document). my file size is bigger than 5 mb.
2) is it possible ?? we can able to upload more than one file in GCKey?? please help me out because i have 4 days remain to submit the document.

thank you in advance.

Ethyne

Jan 23, 2019
Hi guys,
I'm about to submit my spousal application for my wife and 3months old baby.
I came as a single PR in October 2020 and I learnt my then fiancee was pregnant less than 2 weeks after landing.
I just wanted to know if this would raise any issues in my application. Would they say i didnt update my family composition before landing? Cos at the time of landing, i wasn't married and didnt know my fiancee was pregnant.
Thanks

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
hi all
please help me out
1). any idea if the file is more than 5 mb than how we can upload the file in GCKEY account (ircc asked to submit additional document). my file size is bigger than 5 mb.
2) is it possible ?? we can able to upload more than one file in GCKey?? please help me out because i have 4 days remain to submit the document.

thank you in advance.
i believe the max size is 5 MB,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,
I'm about to submit my spousal application for my wife and 3months old baby.
I came as a single PR in October 2020 and I learnt my then fiancee was pregnant less than 2 weeks after landing.
I just wanted to know if this would raise any issues in my application. Would they say i didnt update my family composition before landing? Cos at the time of landing, i wasn't married and didnt know my fiancee was pregnant.
Thanks
No issues as long as you didn't live with your fiancee for a year or more before landing and becoming a PR.

Reactions: Ethyne