+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Hi
ircc asked me to give additional details, so i will take picture of the document (by mobile ) and than i will convert into pdf and after that i will upload in my cic account . is it work ? is it ok ? please help me out, thank you in advance

isostar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Hi,

I had raised a webform to NDVO since my medical result was not updated on ecas/ GC key. My SA letter mentioned file transferred to NDVO.
I received below email from NDVO :

Please be advised that we can only assist in applications where India is the main processing office. You have submitted an application under a permanent resident category and your application is being processed in Canada.

Any idea what does this mean? Did anyone receive similar message from NDVO/ any other VO?

magpupu2

Aug 25, 2021
New member here. I just started filling out my application to sponsor my wife. I became a citizen back in 2013 but I misplaced my certificate of citizenship. I know I have it somewhere but during a couple of moves, it is probably in a box in my parent's house somewhere. Now on form 1344e, it asked for my status and I am a naturalized citizen. How do I find out the date without filling out a form to get a new copy which will add more time before I can submit it.

Also, my wife is here on work permit. What happens if the permit expires when we are still waiting on the application?

frange

May 25, 2018
New member here. I just started filling out my application to sponsor my wife. I became a citizen back in 2013 but I misplaced my certificate of citizenship. I know I have it somewhere but during a couple of moves, it is probably in a box in my parent's house somewhere. Now on form 1344e, it asked for my status and I am a naturalized citizen. How do I find out the date without filling out a form to get a new copy which will add more time before I can submit it.

Also, my wife is here on work permit. What happens if the permit expires when we are still waiting on the application?
If the application was sent on time while she was under legal status, once her application is received and you have a file number, she will be under implied status which allows her to keeps all the benefits she was granted from her previous status except travel abroad.

keystonebilly

Aug 25, 2021
Hi guys,

Is this information still relevant and accurate?

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.
I'm a PR currently living in Canada applying outland sponsorship for my wife who is living in China (with no travel visa or any other types of visitor visa). We just received our AOR on Aug 24th, I'm wondering if it is safe for me, the sponsor, to leave Canada during the processing period; And if so, how long can I be absent?

Our goal here is to be physically together during the processing period for as long as possible.

Thank you all so much!

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi guys,

Is this information still relevant and accurate?

I'm a PR currently living in Canada applying outland sponsorship for my wife who is living in China (with no travel visa or any other types of visitor visa). We just received our AOR on Aug 24th, I'm wondering if it is safe for me, the sponsor, to leave Canada during the processing period; And if so, how long can I be absent?

Our goal here is to be physically together during the processing period for as long as possible.

Thank you all so much!
Off course, you can travel overseas for vacation/ short period of time. But, as PR, you are not allowed to sponsor your wife while you are living abroad. Only Canadian citizens are allowed to do that.

NB:
As PR, you have to the residence criteria in order to keep your PR status; So what would happen if you lose your status during the process? You will not be eligible to sponsor and It will be a waist of time for immigration officers working on those kind of people's file. That's why it is not allowed for PR sponsoring their relatives while not living in Canada.

Last edited:

keystonebilly

Aug 25, 2021
Off course, you can travel overseas for vacation/ short period of time. But, as PR, you are not allowed to sponsor your wife while you are living abroad. Only Canadian citizens are allowed to do that.

NB:
As PR, you have to the residence criteria in order to keep your PR status; So what would happen if you lose your status during the process? You will not be eligible to sponsor and It will be a waist of time for immigration officers working on those kind of people's file. That's why it is not allowed for PR sponsoring their relatives while not living in Canada.
Thank you for the quick reply! Just to clarify, even if my PR status is recently renewed and I have plenty of room to be outside of Canada and still meet the residency obligation. With that being said, is the "Not allowed for PR sponsoring while not living in Canada" a rule/restriction, or is it a recommendation/precaution?

Multiple immigration firm agents have told me that once the processing begins, I can leave Canada as the sponsor for months (less than six), the contradicting info has always confused me...

Thanks so much again!

frange

May 25, 2018
Thank you for the quick reply! Just to clarify, even if my PR status is recently renewed and I have plenty of room to be outside of Canada and still meet the residency obligation. With that being said, is the "Not allowed for PR sponsoring while not living in Canada" a rule/restriction, or is it a recommendation/precaution?

Multiple immigration firm agents have told me that once the processing begins, I can leave Canada as the sponsor for months (less than six), the contradicting info has always confused me...

Thanks so much again!
It's a Canadian Immigration Rule: «ONLY Canadian citizen is allowed to sponsor while aboard». If you are not Canadian citizen, it's not allowed to do so.
Yes, you can travel aboard temporary, not permanently. If you really want to do so; just keep your trips shortly; just to be on the safe side. If not, it's can be interpreted that you give up your Canadian residence which can lead to a rejection. You have to be careful since they do not say precisely how long you can stay abroad. This is subject to interpretation and I would encourage you to be careful with a caller Agent interpretation since you can guest what a short trip is.

Finally, I would not trust 100% what Agents over the phone say since, most of the time, they don't have the real information.

emefkay

Oct 2, 2020
Hi Everyone I hope everyone is doing well, My Sister is applying for her Spouse in Pakistan.
Sister lives and is a Citizen in Canada

a few weeks ago her spouse got his medical done and was cleared on the online account.
She recieved a mail in her account requesting

Marriage Certificate / Licence: Please provide a direct translation for your Nikah Nama. Please note a NADRA issued marriage certificate is not a direct tranlation

Can anyone help me on what we need we have already sent them a translation but i guess they did not get what they needed.

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Hi Everyone I hope everyone is doing well, My Sister is applying for her Spouse in Pakistan.
Sister lives and is a Citizen in Canada

a few weeks ago her spouse got his medical done and was cleared on the online account.
She recieved a mail in her account requesting

Marriage Certificate / Licence: Please provide a direct translation for your Nikah Nama. Please note a NADRA issued marriage certificate is not a direct tranlation

Can anyone help me on what we need we have already sent them a translation but i guess they did not get what they needed.
During the Nikah I received two copies, one completely in Urdu and one copy fully in english. The header on the English Copy has the words "Nikah Nama" on it. If your english copy has Nikah Nama translated to "marriage certificate" or something, my understanding is that they wont accept it.

My application is still in process but this is how I understood their requirements.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

If you apply inland and include the OWP application with inland sponsorship, then she will be on implied status.

IF the application is deem incomplete and returned, then she will be out of status if her current work permit is expired when that happen.

Make sure you application is complete. It's the OWP that gives her the implied status. NOT the inland sponsorship application.

13Noor

Aug 26, 2021
Good Morning,
My husband just got his passport submission request in India. He got email but there is no attachment of the download copy and his CIC account has not been updated. Can some shed some light on this issue.
Thanks

Reactions: Anmolr236