+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Abi1234

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hi,
Here's my timeline. I hope this information is of help to someone out there. Stay blessed.

Country of Origin-Nigeria
Application type-Spousal
AOR- 16th March 2020
Medicals Request-12th April 2021
Medical Passed- 24th April 2021
Pre-Arrival Service- 11th May 2021
Passport Request- 25th June 2021
Passport Submitted using DHL- 25th June 2021
DHL to VFS Lagos- 28th June 2021
Passport sent to Accra- 8th July 2021
Received in Accra- 9th July 2021
Application Approved/Counterfoil- 19th July 2021
Passport Received- 5th August 2021
Landed- 13th August 2021

nst1212

Aug 15, 2021
I have applied my Sponsorship PR in Oct 2020. I just realized i missed to provide my US Visa rejection in Background information.
I'm already done with my Bio-metrics, Medical, AOR2 in April 20, 2021. Is it too late to provide my US student Visa rejection information? Do i have for PFL, is it 100% they check this information in background checks, Please help me

I'm so worried now if i get mis-representation. PLEASE HELP GUYS

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
I have applied my Sponsorship PR in Oct 2020. I just realized i missed to provide my US Visa rejection in Background information.
I'm already done with my Bio-metrics, Medical, AOR2 in April 20, 2021. Is it too late to provide my US student Visa rejection information? Do i have for PFL, is it 100% they check this information in background checks, Please help me

I'm so worried now if i get mis-representation. PLEASE HELP GUYS
send a webform or email the visa office handling ur ap

Ismelda Jiménez

Aug 13, 2021
[QUOTE = "goodluckall, publicación: 9609977, miembro: 1046670"]
¿Alguno de los solicitantes de mayo de 2021 recibió una solicitud biométrica / médica?
[/CITA]

El 26 de mayo enviamos el paquete.
El 29 de julio recibimos solicitud de biométricos.
Hice biométricos el 04 de agosto.

chattha-ukc

Aug 9, 2021
hi, I wanna ask if the Sponsor has past relationship history and had a divorce. if she applies spousal application for her new husband is that application is also processed with the normal timeline or dealt with differently.
App recvd- 13Jan 2021
AoR 1- 1st April
Bio- 6th April done
Aor 2/SA- moved to LVO 31st march
ADR 2nd-April-submitted same day PCC
Sponsor-DM
PA- shows in the process
No updates at all after April 1st week.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi, I wanna ask if the Sponsor has past relationship history and had a divorce. if she applies spousal application for her new husband is that application is also processed with the normal timeline or dealt with differently.
Although those are things they look at, it's not like the sponsor being divorced automatically means it will take twice a long - a lot depends on context.

Nothing unusual about the timeline so far, the period between SA meds and bios and the next significant step can sometimes be long.

Reactions: DiiDii

anoop9111

Aug 18, 2021
Hi
I sponsored my wife august 16 interview on phone online tool application status submitted
Aug 17 received Pre Arrival letter and online tool application status in process
Aug 18 online application Status Decision made, but GC account application status is still submitted
Can some one please tell me does pre arrival letter means we will soon get letter to submit passport
and why GC account and online tool have different status for same application
Thanks

Amreen1

Oct 9, 2020
Hi everyone I applied for my spouse in august2020 and yesterday i got request to pay biometrics fee ,does anyone how to upload receipt of biometrics online on mygcic account?I sent it by webform already just wanted to knw if there is any other way too.any help would be greatly appreciated.

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
I just had a background check completed for a new job and it turned up a speeding ticket I'd gotten in 2018 (which I had forgotten about, but it is paid off), and it's classified in the report as a "non-criminal offense minor misdemeanor," but shows up as a court record. I answered "no" on my application for PR for the question "Have you...ever: been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?" Is this an issue? Should I reach out to someone to include this information - I'm not sure this qualifies as a reportable "crime or offence." Thank you!

Uzma21

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for spousal sponsorship outland.
Received AOR since April 23, 2021, after nothing it got stuck in SA I guess where others with the same timeline already started receiving DMS.
Already sent web form and call center reply to come as usual its in process.

Can anyone help with what can be done at this point?

Thank you for your time guys
We are in the same boat. we received AOR1 on May 18, 2021, and nothing after that. How to submit a webform for any update.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I want some information. Can a sponsored person sponsor someone after 3 years? is there any other way ?
If you were sponsored through the spousal sponsorship program, then you cannot sponsor a new partner until 5 years have passed since the day you landed in Canada and became a PR. There is no other way for you to sponsor them before the five years passes.

The only other option would be for your new partner to qualify for PR on their own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.

Reactions: YVR123

cheersbabe

Apr 25, 2021
Hiya
Inland Jan 2021 common law applicant here. My partner just received a pre arrival letter? Is this a good sign? Not to sure what it means

Timeline
App received Jan 11
Biometrics Aug 5
Medical passed Aug 13

Alicia Noel

Aug 23, 2021
Hiya
Inland Jan 2021 common law applicant here. My partner just received a pre arrival letter? Is this a good sign? Not to sure what it means

Timeline
App received Jan 11
Biometrics Aug 5
Medical passed Aug 13

Hi!
I received the same letter 3 weeks ago (I applied in January 2021 too). I don't think it's really important.... BUT I received another letter last week telling me that they made a decision on my application of PR and asked me to pay the RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee) or proof that I already paid. I was really exited and thought it would be the end...but when I check online it looks like they just made a decision about the eligibility of the sponsor.

I can't really help you, but I will let you know if I have updates!

Reactions: cheersbabe

RamanKP

Aug 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I submit spous application for my husband in 2018. In October 2019 the application was refused. In the same month i filed appeal. The last year inJuly,2020 we win the appeal. The Application re-opened in Sydney (CIO) on October 1,2020. After that till now we didn’t get anything. I put 4-5 times enquire from MP office ,Sadly all the times I got almost same answer. The responsible office currently reviewing the application, the medical currently expired. The security verification have not been initiated . I don’t know what can I do, got stuck . Please let me know if anyone has any idea or suggestions.
Thank you.