+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
We got a medical request, and we are scheduling the appiontment for the visa now. We are in Moscow, so it has to be done through IOM Medical.

Their website asks "# of applicants, including yourself".

Logically, I assume it is 1, since only my wife needs the exam. However, when linking the application we must put 2, so now I am unsure if this should also state 2 applicants...

Also, we got the notification today, but the next available appointment is September 15th. This will be after the 30 day window.

Should we submit a screenshot showing our appointment date, or is there a better way to let them know that we cannot take the test within 30 days.

Last edited:

ds170

Jul 18, 2020
Same situation here. My application was revived on March 9th and I never received the temp AOR. I only got my temp file number because I called IRCC and asked about the progress on my application.
And same for the OWP. No news whatsoever. It’s officially been 5 months for me but I’ve seen that most inland applications start to get requests from immigration around the 7 months mark? At least from what I could see. I think the only advice really is to wait and call every now and then too check for updates, that’s what I’m doing.
I see — thanks for the information. What number are you calling them on? Is it a long wait on call before they answer?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We got a medical request, and we are scheduling the appiontment for the visa now. We are in Moscow, so it has to be done through IOM Medical.

Their website asks "# of applicants, including yourself".

Logically, I assume it is 1, since only my wife needs the exam. However, when linking the application we must put 2, so now I am unsure if this should also state 2 applicants...

Also, we got the notification today, but the next available appointment is September 15th. This will be after the 30 day window.

Should we submit a screenshot showing our appointment date, or is there a better way to let them know that we cannot take the test within 30 days.
I believe gckey is the only context in which you need to put the number as 2 (including a sponsor).

I would think that a webform saying the earliest date is the date you got would be enough. They know there are delays everywhere.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I believe gckey is the only context in which you need to put the number as 2 (including a sponsor).

I would think that a webform saying the earliest date is the date you got would be enough. They know there are delays everywhere.
Thanks, I will submit a webform.

My wife has also just found out that her entire division at work is being laid off. Do we need to alert them about her change of employment, or is it unnecessary?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks, I will submit a webform.

My wife has also just found out that her entire division at work is being laid off. Do we need to alert them about her change of employment, or is it unnecessary?
Don't think there's any obvious need to. Certainly not until after employment actually ends incl any separation time etc.

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
Hi friends, It has been 10 months that I don’t have any updates regarding my file and I am in background check processing . I tried to contact ankara visa office by email and I received below response. Does anyone know about this secondary review?

Greetings,

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
I'm extremely disappointed by this double standards. My friend and I were requested to give the Iraqi PCC (we used to live together at that time in Iraq)...my friend couldn't get it (like me)...they exempted him, but, I was not. I know every case is different, but when you ask the same thing, then you exempt one person and not the other one...that's just unfair.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Just got sponsor approval!

So both medical request and approval came today.

Will the application be forwarded to Warsaw now, or do they need to wait for the medical result before it's transferred?

cheersbabe

Apr 25, 2021
Heya
Just passed medical and biometrics- curious to what likely will be the next step!
timeline (inland common law w OWP)
Applied Jan 11
AOR Jul 30
Biometrics Aug 5
Medical fully passed Aug 11

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi friends, It has been 10 months that I don’t have any updates regarding my file and I am in background check processing . I tried to contact ankara visa office by email and I received below response. Does anyone know about this secondary review?

Greetings,

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.
When did you apply for sponsorship? If you don’t have any updates about your file how do you know your file is in background check?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Will the application be forwarded to Warsaw now, or do they need to wait for the medical result before it's transferred?
Not that it matters, but will probalby be sent right away.

Note - you may not hear anything from warsaw for a while; they don't seem to send the AO2 until it's been assigned to an officer. (In the meantime I presume it's wandering the shelves, getting registered, whatever).

The silence does not mean it's been lost over the atlantic.

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
When did you apply for sponsorship? If you don’t have any updates about your file how do you know your file is in background check?
The Ircc received my application on October 2019, I received my sponsor approval and pre arrival. And when I check it on GCkey it shows that background check is in proses ing , and I contacted whit mp and she also told us its in security check.

GillGifty

May 6, 2021
Hello Everyone
Application Received -12 November 2020
Application number - 21 April 2021
Medical request - 23 June 2021
Medical test Done - 12 July 2021

Biometric request - 24 June 2021
Biometric Done - 13 August 2021

whts next steps ?? How long process nw???
How to check medical test is ok??

preetvirani

Aug 9, 2021
On the document checklist,for PAs' if you do not have status in Canada, please provide an explanation on a piece of paper, as well as a copy of any paperwork you have relevant to your status. PA is in India. What proof or explanation do we provide ? Or do we put in N/A?