+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hello,
Just needed some clarification. So, I noticed a lot of people sign in via their GC key account. However, I sign in with my bank. Just wanted to know is there any difference between the accuracy of information/updates of these two methods? Or the same?
Thank You.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,
Just needed some clarification. So, I noticed a lot of people sign in via their GC key account. However, I sign in with my bank. Just wanted to know is there any difference between the accuracy of information/updates of these two methods? Or the same?
Thank You.
No, they're the same.

Reactions: T27

Cabdiqays

Jun 17, 2021
Hi guys
“After application received to application in process”
My eCAS says now “We started processing your application on 29th june 2021”
What is the next step forward and how long does it stay that way?

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi guys
“After application received to application in process”
My eCAS says now “We started processing your application on 29th june 2021”
What is the next step forward and how long does it stay that way?
Okay so personally, I think your answer would depend on so many factors such as visa office, application received date, unforseen/unpredictable outcomes/discoveries etc. This could take as little as weeks to months. But if you could provide this info prolly someone can predict based on a relevant timeline.

But my only advice is to be ready and patient as the nothing is guaranteed or assured.

Cabdiqays

Jun 17, 2021
Okay so personally, I think your answer would depend on so many factors such as visa office, application received date, unforseen/unpredictable outcomes/discoveries etc. This could take as little as weeks to months. But if you could provide this info prolly someone can predict based on a relevant timeline.

But my only advice is to be ready and patient as the nothing is guaranteed or assured.
Thanks for the feedback mate

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi,
I've just been advised by IRCC that outland principal applicant cannot go through alternate / in-Canada virtual landings if that applicant is in Canada. But I recall that there are cases that outland principal applicant can go thru' the virtual landing arrangement even if they are in Canada.
I'm very confused and don't know what should I do next.....
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I just did.
I'm excessively depressed and confused.
One additional thought both for MP and other IRCC contacts - not knowing what question you asked or how the correspondence went - is that sometimes with bureaucracies if you ask a question that is too specific (eg "will I get virtual landing and when?") you may get a negative answer because they have some internal classification/terminology that doesn't fit your question (e.g. for outland they don't call it a virtual landing but electronic landing portal or something else).

Keep in mind - I don't know this is the case, I'm only speculating; but sometimes you have to reformulate and pose a broader question (eg "I'm in Canada, when I get a decision and approval, how will I get a passport request and COPR?"). (Sometimes the opposite is true, you need to ask a precise question)

Hope this helps, again, don't know. Given the seemingly incorrect response perhaps also email the visa office handling your file, or call. (I think calling might be the least reliable but probably can't hurt to try)

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hello,
Can someone please explain what is this “Virtual Landing.” I have read a lot of people post about that but don’t quite understand what this means. Or tell if there is a thread already explaining this term.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
Can someone please explain what is this “Virtual Landing.” I have read a lot of people post about that but don’t quite understand what this means. Or tell if there is a thread already explaining this term.
They do an administrative landing using the internet or phone or whatever instead of having you leave the country and come back.