+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
1. If your country specific checklist says to include it then you should.
2. Not for yourself.
3. Only for applicant not sponsor.
thanks for quick reply.

In that travel history form, there's b section. that says info for spouse of primary applicant - shouldn't I fill that ?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
thanks for quick reply.

In that travel history form, there's b section. that says info for spouse of primary applicant - shouldn't I fill that ?
These forms are generic for all streams of immigration, so they are not referring to Canadian spousal sponsors, they are referring to spouses of applicants applying through another stream (parent, skilled worker, EE, etc). IRCC already have travel history of Citizens / PR. So it applies to the applicant and any dependents included in the app but not you.

Reactions: vinay16

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
These forms are generic for all streams of immigration, so they are not referring to Canadian spousal sponsors, they are referring to spouses of applicants applying through another stream (parent, skilled worker, EE, etc). IRCC already have travel history of Citizens / PR. So it applies to the applicant and any dependents included in the app but not you.
thanks a lot detailed clarification

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Regarding form 5476 - use of representative (I'm sponsor & representative) - section - d -- there are 2 signatures.. 1. signature of applicant 2. Signature of spouse -- for first one, it will be signature of my spouse and second one, it will be my signature.. Is that correct ?

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Regarding form 5476 - use of representative (I'm sponsor & representative) - section - d -- there are 2 signatures.. 1. signature of applicant 2. Signature of spouse -- for first one, it will be signature of my spouse and second one, it will be my signature.. Is that correct ?
Yes. I think some people say not required but I did it in case. Better to have signature than to not.

Reactions: vinay16

Canjeero

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Ontario, Canada
wondering if this means a decision been made? ecas has not updated

We have received this information from IRCC:
We can provide you with the following details for your constituent about the status of an application to sponsor a spouse living outside Canada:
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on June 2X, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on January 2X, 2021.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant has been finalized on May 17, 2021 at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until April 2X, 2022, for the applicant(s).
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are in process.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for your constituent and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office, and
    • the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant’s passport and will issue the confirmation of permanent residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Is there any difference between PR/Citizen sponsor ? Like Citizens get the things quickly or something ?
Don't really think so about that, but if that's true, I hope someone can provide you an accurate answer.

The only difference I do know is that a citizen can apply as a sponsor for his/her spouse either residing within or outside Canada whereas a PR can only sponsor a spouse living within Canada.

In short a citizen can sponsor if physically present in canada or not but PR can only sponsor when physically present in Canada.

goodluckall

Jun 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
waiting for my biometric and medical request
How long it usually takes to receive the biometric request after the AOR?

goodluckall

Jun 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
I am a seafarer , with multiple visas of various countries, 6 months ON and 6 Off , even i visited to canada and met my wife even when we were engaged at that time. we have mentioned that too in our file about my canada visiting, Can i apply for TRV in the mean time when i am off during my family sponsorship case in parallel ? Do they provide visas easily ?