+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

GillGifty

May 6, 2021
Hello Everyone
I’m Canadian citizen.
I submitted my application family class sponsorship on Nov 9 2020 at Sydney Office. (Spouse and dependent child).

my timeline
Application Received 12 Nov 2020
Application number 21 April 2021

Application number start frm “F”
After that nothing happens. No email nor mail from Office.
Any idea how long it takes processing.
I tried many times to update my file on GCKey Account but failed.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hello Everyone
I’m Canadian citizen.
I submitted my application family class sponsorship on Nov 9 2020 at Sydney Office. (Spouse and dependent child).

my timeline
Application Received 12 Nov 2020
Application number 21 April 2021

Application number start frm “F”
After that nothing happens. No email nor mail from Office.
Any idea how long it takes processing.
I tried many times to update my file on GCKey Account but failed.
you shuld call them, there has to be some sort of update 7 months later

Dec 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm a permanent resident in Canada.

I submitted my family class application for my spouse on 9th June from inside Canada (she is on a visitor visa).

We have applied open work permit application along with it.

Her current employer agreed to give her a job in Canada upon receiving the open work permit but until then she has to be on leave as she doesn't have the permit to work from Canada.

--> Has anyone been through a similar situation?
--> How long will it take to receive the open work permit (we don't have the application acknowledgement letter yet)
--> Is it better to wait for our application or ask her employer to apply for a work permit in parallel?

Appreciate any answers to help us.

Thank you.

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Any London, UK VO applicants waiting for medical request? Already received SA, AOR, BIL. But no sign of medical request. The last email said, application will move to VO. But nothing changed on GCKEY or ECAS. Anyone else on the same boat?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I'm a permanent resident in Canada.

I submitted my family class application for my spouse on 9th June from inside Canada (she is on a visitor visa).

We have applied open work permit application along with it.

Her current employer agreed to give her a job in Canada upon receiving the open work permit but until then she has to be on leave as she doesn't have the permit to work from Canada.

--> Has anyone been through a similar situation?
--> How long will it take to receive the open work permit (we don't have the application acknowledgement letter yet)
--> Is it better to wait for our application or ask her employer to apply for a work permit in parallel?

Appreciate any answers to help us.

Thank you.
It's taking around 8 months for the OWP to be issued these days.

If her employer is willing to get an approved LMIA, then you can certainly try going the closed work permit route in parallel.

bubu_j

May 25, 2021
Hello. Is there a way someone can know whether the panel physician/clinic has submitted the medical exams result to ircc when it is completed?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello. Is there a way someone can know whether the panel physician/clinic has submitted the medical exams result to ircc when it is completed?
Until it shows up on GCkey all you can do is confirm with the clinic that they sent it. There is a backlog of reviewing medicals submitted for approval at IRCC right now. Can be a few weeks for it to show.

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Until it shows up on GCkey all you can do is confirm with the clinic that they sent it. There is a backlog of reviewing medicals submitted for approval at IRCC right now. Can be a few weeks for it to show.
my wife did medical in india on 21 of may. still no update. medical told us that we already uploaded.is there any issue or its normal?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
my wife did medical in india on 21 of may. still no update. medical told us that we already uploaded.is there any issue or its normal?
I don't see it as an issue yet but if you have a copy of the report you could submit it via web form to ensure they have it.

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi

I am applying for PR via Spousal Sponsorship (Outland). I want to verify if my spouse in canada can mail or courier my paper application.

Must i use my spouse as an unpaid Representstive before she can be able to mail or courier my paper application?

An urgent answer is needed please

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

I am applying for PR via Spousal Sponsorship (Outland). I want to verify if my spouse in canada can mail or courier my paper application.

Must i use my spouse as an unpaid Representstive before she can be able to mail or courier my paper application?

It's not obligatory but it's frankly easier at a few steps if the sponsor is also the representative.

Reactions: OkaforJames

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
What will be the next step after medicals. Currently our application is at NYVO (spouse sponsorship). And how long does it take to move to next step, in general.

bubu_j

May 25, 2021
Hi

I think your spouse in Canada can mail or courier your application. It is not a must to use your spouse as an unpaid representative before she can mail or courier your paper application

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi

She definitely can do any of both once she is the sponsor how ever she wants, just make sure she sends it to the right address because I realised when you mail it has an address to go to and by courier another address. Don't remember much bt ask her to check before sending.

Personally don't think this is necessary, because if it's about checking updates both of you can do that individually via ecas with your UCI's. And also I think there are extra required documents which would just make your file larger than normal. Hehehehehehe spoken as a an amateur hehehehehe.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi all. We received a request for additional documentation (an updated police certificate) right after the AOR1. I was really hoping to receive a request for a medical so I could get it done while we are resolving the PC issue. In your experience, does the request for additional information completely stall any progress of the application (i.e. its transfer to the VO, request for a medical, etc) until it's satisfied, or could things still happen?
NB: we also received sponsor approval yesterday, and the letter also said that the application shall be transferred to the VO, but now I am not sure whether it would be transferred only once I've submitted the updated certificate, or these processes are not interdependent?