+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Samaritan Strategy

Mar 4, 2021
If passports are only a week to get, then it's a no-brainer, absolutely do it.

We submitted using webform directed to the visa office, as I recall; didn't get a response immediately but in due course, and later saw in gcms notes that they did it within a couple weeks. (Note the response was pretty vague).

Also: I can't say for sure but I don't think it would have caused any issue if we'd submitted the new passport when we got the PPR (and hadn't updated).

It's obviously preferable to advise them (just for good order) but if the passport data otherwise matches, should be fine. (Which I add to note primarily: do not stress about getting a response, no need to call or write dozens of times - they'll still issue the COPR/visa in the new passport, and they probably got the updated passport info anyway, any lack of response is just that it's routine.)
@armoured and others We got our medicals on 7th Jun and we received email from the medical centre that it was updated on emedical. Is that the only confirmation or would immigration also acknowledges it? How do we know that we cleared the medical?
Secondly we renewed the passports which I updated to VO through webform however I made a mistake and wrote a wrong passport expiry date in the body of the message however a copy of the renewed passport was attached to the webform. Realizing my mistake, I later sent an email to VO to explain this issue. What impact it would likely have? just worried about making this mistake. Thanks for your help

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
We got SA on June 9, Biometrics request on June 8. My spouse already did her biometrics on June 10th. In the SA latter, it was said, the application will move to London.

We haven't received medical request yet. Will the London visa office send this request? I saw many people who got SA on June 15, got both their biometrics and medical already. Should I call them or just wait?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We got SA on June 9, Biometrics request on June 8. My spouse already did her biometrics on June 10th. In the SA latter, it was said, the application will move to London.

We haven't received medical request yet. Will the London visa office send this request? I saw many people who got SA on June 15, got both their biometrics and medical already. Should I call them or just wait?
Just wait

Jul 3, 2020
Should I read anything into the fact that I haven't gotten sponsorship approval or request for biometrics yet after getting AOR1 a week ago? It looks like the majority of people in my month get all three at the same time, but other filers from my country (US) are all also getting SA/biometrics request 1-3 days after. I know it hasn't been that long, I just get antsy with these things.
Hi GC -- this happened to me (also in the US), and it turned out to be a problem! The VO had sent the documents by post instead of through email (as we had requested), and our postal service is very unreliable. We waited and waited, and then a month later finally contacted the VO, who luckily were able to re-send the biometrics request by email before we ran out of time. What does your GCKey say? If it says that medical/biometric have been requested, definitely reach out to the VO.

Reactions: gc1735

nmdsouza

Nov 17, 2019
Dear members, Please clarify my doubt , I'm sponsoring my spouse and kid who is minor ( both Inland ). My question is are there is any separate set of documents for my KID ? or is it considered as part of my spousal sponsorship application ? OR do i need 2 sets of application 1. for spouse 2. for Kid

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
If it says that medical/biometric have been requested, definitely reach out to the VO.
Heads up that the biometric line on gckey often says biometric not needed even after it's been requested. Mine says that even though I got a biometric request, did the biometrics, and they're in the system as shown elsewhere on gckey

gb901

Mar 12, 2021
Finally :) .. an email that says you are now a permanent resident of Canada!

- inland sponsorship -
Received a call from London IRCC, apparently it was the landing interview. Lasted about 10 mins , mostly verifying the details from the application. Call ended with the agent congratulating and emailing after 5 mins or so on the PR confirmation and eCOPR.

Timeline below:
Application received - 29th July'20
AOR email to Sponsor - March 10
Medical updated - April 22
Decision made - May 17
Call from London IRCC - June 14
eCOPR and approval status - June 14

Have been asked to mail the eCOPR and photo to the London IRCC for PR card.

Didn’t have to give biometrics so the fee was refunded after DM status. Had given them in 2019 for work permit.

Reactions: Nargesmir and T27

Nargesmir

Apr 11, 2018
Hi, does anyone know what is the next step for us?
timeline

Application sent Nov/5/2020
Application received Nov/9/2020
Biometric reminder Nov/19/2020
Medical request June/9/2021
Medical done June/11/2021
SA approved June/14/2021
PA approved June/14/2021
Pre-arrival June/14/2021
  • Inland application
  • No interview needed.
  • No additional documents needed.
  • Biometric done on 2017, no need to repeat.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
I just checked ECAS (as I do every day) and my status just changed to Decision Made. I haven't received any emails. Could there be a delay between each platform/email received?

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hey everyone! Just got an email titled: "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirtmation Portal." It says:

"We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you today."

Does this mean I have been approved for PR?

inda

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hi,

My PR through FSW is approved. I am planning to apply outland spouse sponsorship for my spouse. Given the travel restrictions, I am planning to travel within next month of they are eased. But can I apply for spouse sponsorship without PR card ?

Thank you.