+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Fatu

Feb 14, 2020
hey folks , i have question emergency . My friend she just landed half year ago, and last few month her husband abusing and bits her , what she nedd to do? he told her he deprive her PR.
He can’t do anything to her …. If she calls police that man is in trouble. Nobody can deprive her PR

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
hey folks , i have question emergency . My friend she just landed half year ago, and last few month her husband abusing and bits her , what she nedd to do? he told her he deprive her PR.
Google women’s shelters in the city she is in and contact them right away. Do not delay. PR will not be in jeopardy, but she is. I’m sorry she is going through that and you as well.
There are resources available, she is not alone.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hey guys!

I had applied for a spousal sponsorship living inside Canada. 3 months ago we got an email saying they received the papers. How long does it usually take them to process an application after receiving all the documents?

Thanks!
i think 3 months is enough time to receive the AOR
consider calling IRCC

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Is there a certain time of day that emails are always sent with regards to case updates? For example, are emails only ever sent in the morning so that you should never expect a case update to happen in the evening, etc?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is there a certain time of day that emails are always sent with regards to case updates? For example, are emails only ever sent in the morning so that you should never expect a case update to happen in the evening, etc?
Can be any time. Some emails are sent using some bull software programs that may run at night. Emails from vos seem to be local working hours but there can be exceptions. There are emails on holidays and weekends too, occasionally.

Reactions: gc1735

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
In my experience, emails can be received at anytime. The most recent updates I've gotten were on weekends and I even got an update on Christmas Eve.

Arsh-7777

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hello everyone,
Could anyone please help. I am about to submit my husband’s sponsorship application.
according to the checklist PCC from outside Canada should be less than 6 months. He already have the PCC which is 10 months old and he didn’t leave canada after that.
I talked to agents twice one told me it is still valid and another told me you need new one. Could somebody please help what should I do?

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
You must follow the checklist and the guide to the letter. So you already have your answer. If it says it should be less than 6 months… then it should be less than 6 months.

Arsh-7777

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
But it also said on their website that if you didn’t left the country after that then it is still valid..my main concern is that I am not getting any appointment.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello, I applied for my wife spousal sponsorship and PR application on April 16. We received the biometric and medical requests on May 17 and 18 respectively. Medicals completed, but waiting to give biometrics as VFS in India still closed. I tried linking her PR application to her online profile, but I am unable to do so. Should we link the application by ourselves or will it be done by ircc at a later stage. Appreciate your help.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello, I applied for my wife spousal sponsorship and PR application on April 16. We received the biometric and medical requests on May 17 and 18 respectively. Medicals completed, but waiting to give biometrics as VFS in India still closed. I tried linking her PR application to her online profile, but I am unable to do so. Should we link the application by ourselves or will it be done by ircc at a later stage. Appreciate your help.
You have to do it yourself. Try different combinations of info that they ask for when linking it, takes a while to get the correct one sometimes.

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Should I read anything into the fact that I haven't gotten sponsorship approval or request for biometrics yet after getting AOR1 a week ago? It looks like the majority of people in my month get all three at the same time, but other filers from my country (US) are all also getting SA/biometrics request 1-3 days after. I know it hasn't been that long, I just get antsy with these things.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Should I read anything into the fact that I haven't gotten sponsorship approval or request for biometrics yet after getting AOR1 a week ago? It looks like the majority of people in my month get all three at the same time, but other filers from my country (US) are all also getting SA/biometrics request 1-3 days after. I know it hasn't been that long, I just get antsy with these things.
relax, u'll get it soon :)