+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Rav0056

Jun 12, 2021
I just have one quick question..My CEC application is in process ..my immigration lawyer told me i can apply for spousal sponsorship with AOR. Is that true??

frange

May 25, 2018
I just have one quick question..My CEC application is in process ..my immigration lawyer told me i can apply for spousal sponsorship with AOR. Is that true??
Definitely Not...., PR process is divided into categories and Each category has its own requirements; so No CEC AOR is needed to apply for PR under another category (Spousal). 2 separate applications and 2 different process. No one has a real impact on the other; except at the end , you have to choose one over another since you can't have to 2 PRs.
If I were you, I would question my lawyer's immigration knowledge for sure.

Last edited:

Rav0056

Jun 12, 2021
No, 2 separate applications and 2 different process. No one has a real impact on the other. At the end , you have to choose one since you can't have to 2 PRs. PR process is divided into category and Each category has its own requirements; so No CEC AOR is needed to apply for PR under another category (Spousal). If I were you, I would question my lawyer's immigration knowledge for sure.
I mean to say spousal application for my spouse.Thank you for your reply

Fatu

Feb 14, 2020
Hi,

After receiving PPR do they send the passport to the visa office or to Canada?? Do anyone knows about it ???? Please help me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am currently staying in Dubai with residence visa and I submitted my passport to VFS Dubai and they mentioned they send to IRCC so what does it mean?
It means closest visa office in consulate or embassy. Possibly Dubai, possibly abu Dhabi. Not all embassy offices have the right equipment and staff.

"Closest" in the sense of whatever works for them. Could be Shanghai or London if that works better. But usually geographically not that far.

nina2704

Jun 13, 2021
Facebook photos with comments of people and photos of traveling , marriage whats app chat,
Hi, sorry, should the facebook comments be translated by a certified translator if they are not in EN or FR, or I can just leave them in their original language explaining that these are all words of congrats? I want to add facebook print of the post on our marriage and there are around 70 comments. Thank you!

Fatu

Feb 14, 2020
It means closest visa office in consulate or embassy. Possibly Dubai, possibly abu Dhabi. Not all embassy offices have the right equipment and staff.

"Closest" in the sense of whatever works for them. Could be Shanghai or London if that works better. But usually geographically not that far.
Thank you so much for the answers

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
hey folks , i have question emergency . My friend she just landed half year ago, and last few month her husband abusing and bits her , what she nedd to do? he told her he deprive her PR.

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
what she can do now she on a phone with me now

id13

Jun 14, 2021
Hey guys!

I had applied for a spousal sponsorship living inside Canada. 3 months ago we got an email saying they received the papers. How long does it usually take them to process an application after receiving all the documents?

Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hey folks , i have question emergency . My friend she just landed half year ago, and last few month her husband abusing and bits her , what she nedd to do? he told her he deprive her PR.
He cannot do anything about her pr. Leave him, go to police, womens shelter, get help.

Do not worry about the pr. He cannot do anything to take away her pr status.