+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi am applying for an outland spousal visa for my spouse, she has applied for a study permit in the past and got refused. So my question is that should I put her old UCI number in the generic application form IMM0008. It asks for it. My only concern is that she already has valid biometrics and medical exam that could save us a lot of time. Please help, thanks in advance.
Yes, you have to provide the same UCI number, once created a Unique Client ID, that stays the same throughout your life. You have to disclose all the past applications, even refused one. Do not try to hide any information as this may result in refusal/misrepresentation and may lead to a 5-years ban.

Currently, due to COVID-19, they have a policy in place that Biometrics given for TRVs can be used for PR application, this can get changed any time.

IRCC may or may not request a new Medical. Send the medical information sheet with your application.

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hi,

Can someone tell me the process after receiving COPR and landing in Canada?
What to expect and what documentation to show immigration officer at the airport? Any further information to keep in mind?

Thank you.

Reactions: mf2040

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is a Vietnamese national who recently received her COPR. I understand right now that there is a travel exemption for immediate family members who are "reuniting with a Canadian citizen", so my wife should be able to enter Canada - https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/answers/foreign-family-cit-pr

However, on the travel.gc.ca website, I also changed the criteria around such that she is "an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada". Based on this, the website tells me that she would NOT be able to enter Canada. - https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/answers/foreign-non-us-approved-perm-res-after

Technically, my wife fits both criteria, "reuniting with a Canadian citizen" and "an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada". These two selections give conflicting results on whether she can or cannot enter Canada at this time.

Can anyone please clarify if in fact, my wife would be able to travel to Canada without any issues or can anyone share some of their experiences with me? Thank you very much.
Yes, she can enter.

bubu_j

May 25, 2021
Hello everyone!
Does anyone know the average cost (or range) for a medical examination in Canada? What does the medical examination fee cover? Is x-ray included in the fee?

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
At what stage, can we know whether the documents we sent to immigration are complete according to the checklist? My spouse just got the biometrics instruction letter today.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
At what stage, can we know whether the documents we sent to immigration are complete according to the checklist? My spouse just got the biometrics instruction letter today.
Then you have passed that part. They do not send biometrics before they deem the fille complete.

gauravd77

Mar 17, 2021
I submitted my application on 22 March 2021
Medical request: 04 May 2021
Medical done on 12 May 2021. But it's still not updated on my account. Then I contacted the hospital and they have notified me that my report has been submitted on 13 may 2021. Is it normal? Anyone with same experience???
Same here. Medical done on 12 May 2021 but no further directions received yet.

Reactions: Mrsnandhu