+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
Can anybody help with this if we have received something like this in an email from lvo to an email query asked what does it mean anybody else experienced it TIA

Please be advised that you should be receiving further correspondence from our office regarding the next steps for your application for permanent residence within two weeks of the date of this e-mail.

If you have not received further correspondence within the next two weeks, please reply to this e-mail informing our office as such.

We trust this information is of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hi Everyone, has anyone sponsored their Outland spouse without having a Job in Canada. DID you submit your CRA documents?
How do you show that your husband is able to support you both in Canada and how much do you need to show if this is the case.

Thanks in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, has anyone sponsored their Outland spouse without having a Job in Canada. DID you submit your CRA documents?
How do you show that your husband is able to support you both in Canada and how much do you need to show if this is the case.

Thanks in advance
Especially for Canadian citizens exclusively living outside Canada, they sponsor their outland spouse without a job in Canada. They often do not have CRA documents unless they have, for example, certain Canadian investment requiring them to file. The sponsor will often show a plan (such as job hunting proofs and secured employment in Canada) and his/her financial positions..

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. I just came across this wonderful forum

I came to Canada from the US as a refugee claimant. I got approved alongside my young children. My husband is in Nigeria and I applied for his PR as well as ours. We received our Pr cards in December and my husband was asked to submit his form to Accra. He sent his forms and included his police report as he was asked to from immigration.
He submitted in November and we have not heard back from them, I call immigration here in Canada and they said his documents will be processed in Accra office and not in Canada. Pls what is the waiting period and why haven't they gotten back to us. I am getting depressed especially with kids less than 10 years that have not seen their father in 3 years.

Thank you all.
You'll need to post your question to the Refugee / Asylum section of the forum. This is where this topic and timelines are discussed.

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Good evening
I got medical req on may 5th of May.my wife did her medical on 21 of may still we did not get any update. This upcoming 5 June is our dead line what should we do.

can we someone help me in this

thank you

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I sent my application in, via courier from Russia.

On the tracking, UPS says that there are customs fee's. I am assuming that we will have to pay this? Or will it be taken care of by the application center (considering it's a government office, and the import fee's are paid to the gov't)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I sent my application in, via courier from Russia.

On the tracking, UPS says that there are customs fee's. I am assuming that we will have to pay this? Or will it be taken care of by the application center (considering it's a government office, and the import fee's are paid to the gov't)
No, if there are any payable, the government won't cover it.

But I suspect it's an error or confusion of some kind, it probably just means it has to go through customs clearance. You would have filled out a customs declaration like 'documents value $1' (nominal value required) and there shouldn't be fees payable on something like that.

At any rate, wait a few days and see, but if there's an issue, you'll have to work it out with UPS.

Reactions: Polished Pillar

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
No, if there are any payable, the government won't cover it.

But I suspect it's an error or confusion of some kind, it probably just means it has to go through customs clearance. You would have filled out a customs declaration like 'documents value $1' (nominal value required) and there shouldn't be fees payable on something like that.

At any rate, wait a few days and see, but if there's an issue, you'll have to work it out with UPS.
Maybe that's where we fucked up. We put that the documents were valued at 200 Euros. since we had to pay that for the translations. I thought it was more for insurance. If they lose the package, then they return that money.

I'll give UPS a call tonight and figure it out.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Maybe that's where we fucked up. We put that the documents were valued at 200 Euros. since we had to pay that for the translations. I thought it was more for insurance.
Yep, that'd be it. You can tell it's not for insurance because it's called customs declaration.

Surprised UPS didn't tell you what it's for.