+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Samaritan Strategy

Mar 4, 2021
I have a family sponsorship case and my family is having medical in a weeks time, their passports are expiring in December 2021. Should we renew their passports after the medical or should we wait until they get the visa and then renew the passports? Any expert advice.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a family sponsorship case and my family is having medical in a weeks time, their passports are expiring in December 2021. Should we renew their passports after the medical or should we wait until they get the visa and then renew the passports? Any expert advice.
Better to renew earlier, after medicals. It's simple to advise them of new passports when ready.

Rishavjeet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
If you don't mind me asking, did you ever had or presently have a pre-existing condition? The reason I ask is because I am a cancer survivor and I had my medical done on April 23rd, 2021 and am awaiting for an update on my file.
No ..sry to hear that bro..i think they only check hiv and active tv..you should ask your medical examiner dr who did your medical..and check your gic account regularly..medical take 20-25 day after its done..

brownistani

Apr 4, 2020
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has seen a situation like mine before. I'm a PR sponsoring my Pakistani wife outland. Our application was received June 2020, then we got AoR in December, then an additional police certificate in Feb 2021. However, 6 months after AoR I still have not gotten sponsor approval.

I ordered GCMS notes, and it just says "Sponsor eligibility: case referred for secondary review." with no additional notes or explanation. I scoured the internet looking for answers, but secondary review only comes up in reference to PR card renewal applications. This does not make sense for me, as I landed May 2019, so there is no way that I don't meet the residency obligation since it's only been 2 years total. I've had the same full-time job since July 2019, and rent my own apartment, so I have no idea what triggered this.

Anyone else ever seen secondary review come up for spousal sponsorship?

Sndpkr

Apr 6, 2021
HellO Everyone,
I have applied for inland spousal sponsorship. Me and my husband we both are planning to move to different province.My question is Can we move during application process and what would be the procedure to do the same?
Please advice if anybody have done the same.
TIA.

Samaritan Strategy

Mar 4, 2021
Better to renew earlier, after medicals. It's simple to advise them of new passports when ready.
Thanks @armoured for your kind advice, really appreciate. I assume they won't accept passports with less than 6 months validity at the time of PPR, is this correct? otherwise I was wondering that we can wait to get through the process if it happens fairly soon and once they have the visa we can renew the passports before travel, does this make sense?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks @armoured for your kind advice, really appreciate. I assume they won't accept passports with less than 6 months validity at the time of PPR, is this correct? otherwise I was wondering that we can wait to get through the process if it happens fairly soon and once they have the visa we can renew the passports before travel, does this make sense?
My advice remains the same: renew as soon as possible after doing the medicals. You haven't shown your timeline but assuming this is normal process (early medical), you likely have a longer period of time ahead of you to wait. I see no, zero, repeat, no advantage to you of risking it with having a passport with less than six months validity and then potentially having to move a visa over or some other machination. (I don't know for certain the rules about passports with less than six months validity but the problem is that different entities - governments, airlines, border in different countries, etc - have their own ideas that are not always consistent)

So renew your passports and advise IRCC with scans of the new passports through webform when ready. Don't overthink it, you don't want to deal with this later.

The only time I'd perhaps consider differently is if applicants really knew that they were going to get PPR soonest, like, in the next few weeks and/or passport renewal was going to take inordinately long.

Samaritan Strategy

Mar 4, 2021
My advice remains the same: renew as soon as possible after doing the medicals. You haven't shown your timeline but assuming this is normal process (early medical), you likely have a longer period of time ahead of you to wait. I see no, zero, repeat, no advantage to you of risking it with having a passport with less than six months validity and then potentially having to move a visa over or some other machination. (I don't know for certain the rules about passports with less than six months validity but the problem is that different entities - governments, airlines, border in different countries, etc - have their own ideas that are not always consistent)

So renew your passports and advise IRCC with scans of the new passports through webform when ready. Don't overthink it, you don't want to deal with this later.

The only time I'd perhaps consider differently is if applicants really knew that they were going to get PPR soonest, like, in the next few weeks and/or passport renewal was going to take inordinately long.
Thanks for taking time to reply in detail, very helpful will do so. Timeline is as follows and perhaps you can also advise when when its likely that we will get PPR based on this timeline since I have no idea but just wishes and prayers that its a matter of few months now:
Applied April 2019
Sponsor Approval Nov 2020
File Moved to London VO Nov 2020
Police Reports and forms submitted to London VO Dec 2020
Biometrics request 12 April 2021
Medical Request 18 May 2021 (Medical pending, appointment secured in first week of June)
Pre-arrival services letter 19 May

Thanks once again