+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Another related query: I never filed tax returns in Canada since I was not residing here or had any sort of income from Canadian source since I became PR. I will be filing tax returns in April 2022 for the first time. What do I mention in the explanation for Notice of Assessment and Proof of Income Statement (Option C)?
Even though you are a PR you have not been a resident for tax purposes yet. In the letter you are writing you can also include that you haven't been residing here so you have no NOA. Keep all your facts brief and to the point in the letter.

Reactions: FF89

Mehdichr

May 28, 2019
Hello Experts; Hello @legalfalcon

I was missing a paper in my initial application and I've been trying to send the the missing paper on web form, I got the same reply twice, what should I do, what am I doing wrong

we wasted 2 months just on this already. the reply I got twice, :
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the delay for answering your enquiry due to the ongoing situation related to COVID-19.

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted or received,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else:

Thanks and goodluck everyone

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Experts; Hello @legalfalcon

I was missing a paper in my initial application and I've been trying to send the the missing paper on web form, I got the same reply twice, what should I do, what am I doing wrong

we wasted 2 months just on this already. the reply I got twice, :
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the delay for answering your enquiry due to the ongoing situation related to COVID-19.

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted or received,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else:

Thanks and goodluck everyone
This mostly happens when you are not entering the correct information when submitting the webform.

When you submit the webform, make sure that you enter all the numbers, name and birth date correctly.

gouthamj

Dec 31, 2020
Yes, we used our fb messenger convo screenshots and have it translated by docbase.ca. They provided certificate, certified true copy seal and stamp.
Hi,
My Certified true copy has statement "Certified true copy of document name " instead of "I certify that this is a true copy of the original document". Will this create an issue? Please help. Did you submit a true copy earlier with different quote?

Mar 19, 2021
Does anyone know the trick to link the paper application online ? March 2021 applicant. Just received the AOR email. Tried to link the application to my online account but for the love of God cannot link the application. I verified the information I am putting in multiple times but obviously I am missing something here.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know the trick to link the paper application online ? March 2021 applicant. Just received the AOR email. Tried to link the application to my online account but for the love of God cannot link the application. I verified the information I am putting in multiple times but obviously I am missing something here.
Ecas or gckey? The only clear 'trick' is that 'number of people' should include the sponsor (and all applicants). I.e. principal applicant plus sponsor is two people.

We were never able to get into ecas; gckey - with some difficulty but just tried all conceivable variants of the information requested.

Reactions: Salutationtoall

KGN

Apr 28, 2021
Hello all, Hope everyone is keeping safe in these testing times!

- My spousal visa application was received on 22nd February 2021 => received Application number and UCI number on 6th March 2021 and as of now, still awaiting the biometrics request. (Applied from India)

Keen to know if someone is/was in a similar situation? Any idea about the processing times, given the COVID situation has only gotten worse?

Thanks in advance !

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone. My husband and I are applying for an outland sponsorship - last document is supposed to come next week, and then he's going to mail in the paperwork. I am wrapping things up back home at the moment, and the plan was for me to come and join him in September and wait for the paperwork there. I have a valid visitors visa with a long validity. Couple of questions that I would appreciate people's opinions on:
1) If I happen to find a job between now and September (or between now and whenever I get my PR), would a Canadian employer be able to hire me while we are in process of an outland spousal sponsorship application? Is there an option of applying for a work permit for a person with my status (provided the employer would be willing to go for it)? I am aware you cannot work while on a visitors visa, but considering we don't even know how long it will take for IRCC to process our paperwork, what I am trying to understand is if it's worth applying for jobs and going to interviews in the meantime or is it not an option at all and I am supposed to just sit tight however long it takes?
2) At the same time, if I worked for a company in another jurisdiction with no offices in Canada, remotely - my understanding is that it would be legal?
3) Visitors visa rules say that the maximum stay is 6 months. Is it per year? Or can you, say, go to the states for a day, re-enter Canada and then's when your new 6 months would re-start?
4) Leaving and re-entering - I understand that while I hold a visitors visa I am free to come and go (within those 6 months). Does the fact that I have an ongoing immigration application impact that at all?
Thank you.

LadyTee14

Apr 26, 2021
Ecas or gckey? The only clear 'trick' is that 'number of people' should include the sponsor (and all applicants). I.e. principal applicant plus sponsor is two people.

We were never able to get into ecas; gckey - with some difficulty but just tried all conceivable variants of the information requested.
I finally realize they had my Canadian city wrong so who knows- it’s a human data entry issues and if your all “right” answers don’t work then start considering some feasibility “wrong” answer for city, marital status, class, and number of individuals on application (should be at least 2 plus additional dependents)

Reactions: Salutationtoall

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
This is slightly off topic but hopefully someone has the answer. Our daughter's citizenship certificate application was returned yesterday after 9 months because she doesn't have two forms of IDs(she was 4 months old when we submitted it...). Anyway, we are going to redo it, get the new pictures, and write a letter explaining that our now 13 month old has one, and only one, ID that meets their requirements because she is 13 months old and there is literally no way in the US to get her any more IDs than her passport that would meet their requirements.

That's not my real question though - the letter said they returned the fees to us and it also that if we wanted them refunded, we had to do something additional so it is unclear to me if they have/will actually given us back the money (nothing has yet been refunded in the bank statement but no idea how fast they are). So, when we resubmit do we have to pay again or just send the receipt back in showing we have previously paid? i.e. when they return an incomplete application is the payment receipt still good or will they be refunding the money and we have to repay? Thanks!

Mar 19, 2021
I finally realize they had my Canadian city wrong so who knows- it’s a human data entry issues and if your all “right” answers don’t work then start considering some feasibility “wrong” answer for city, marital status, class, and number of individuals on application (should be at least 2 plus additional dependents)
Thanks for some great suggestions. Hopefully it won't be that hard to link the application.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
This is slightly off topic but hopefully someone has the answer. Our daughter's citizenship certificate application was returned yesterday after 9 months because she doesn't have two forms of IDs(she was 4 months old when we submitted it...). Anyway, we are going to redo it, get the new pictures, and write a letter explaining that our now 13 month old has one, and only one, ID that meets their requirements because she is 13 months old and there is literally no way in the US to get her any more IDs than her passport that would meet their requirements.

That's not my real question though - the letter said they returned the fees to us and it also that if we wanted them refunded, we had to do something additional so it is unclear to me if they have/will actually given us back the money (nothing has yet been refunded in the bank statement but no idea how fast they are). So, when we resubmit do we have to pay again or just send the receipt back in showing we have previously paid? i.e. when they return an incomplete application is the payment receipt still good or will they be refunding the money and we have to repay? Thanks!
I am not familiar with the ID requirements, can you post them here and somebody might be able to help. You should post your Q in the Citizenship forum, might get a better response there.

Cinderella_2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi all,
Timeline as follows:

Application Received Nov 30, 2020
AOR1: Feb 28, 2021
ECAS: Feb 28, 2021
Biometric Request : Feb 27, 2021
Medical Request :
Sponsor Approval : March 1 ,2021
Moved to Visa Office : London Visa Office