+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

alvi.rahman

Mar 15, 2021
Do I need IELTS/CELPIP to apply for permanent residency if I am filing for Spousal Sponsorship? Currently on study permit status, my partner is a citizen. I have done 2 years of high school and 4 years of university in Canada.

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
After linking application with Gckey, how much time it takes to check application status on Gckey?
Or Is it activated as soon as you link with gckey?
Like I helped my friend link her application with gckey. But I can’t see her full application status right now. It shows her application and it’s linked but not able to see full application status. It is showing bad gateway error.
@Canada2020eh @armoured please help.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
After linking application with Gckey, how much time it takes to check application status on Gckey?
Or Is it activated as soon as you link with gckey?
Like I helped my friend link her application with gckey. But I can’t see her full application status right now. It shows her application and it’s linked but not able to see full application status. It is showing bad gateway error.
@Canada2020eh @armoured please help.
I think bad gateway error is just a computer error on their end. Try it a few hours later, or from a different browser at some point.

Reactions: Pink567

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I am still a bit confused regarding translating documents outside of Canada (in Russia).

We will take everything to a translation center here.

In the complete guide, it says "If the translation is not done by a certified translator (a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial association of translators and interpreters in Canada), you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator."

Is this something that the translation center will automatically do, or will we have to take the documents to a notary after they are already translated.

Also, we have some letters which will be typed in Russian. Rather than taking them to a translator, is it possible to have the letter translated on the same page, and signed by the family member (so it is a dual-language document) or will it not be accepted?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am still a bit confused regarding translating documents outside of Canada (in Russia).

We will take everything to a translation center here.
Is this something that the translation center will automatically do, or will we have to take the documents to a notary after they are already translated.
Just take it to translation centre and specify you need notarized copy and certified translation. If they ask 'for the embassy', you can say yes. You don't need apostille or anything like that - just the notarized copy and certified translation. Almost all the translation centres work with or have notaries.

Also, we have some letters which will be typed in Russian. Rather than taking them to a translator, is it possible to have the letter translated on the same page, and signed by the family member (so it is a dual-language document) or will it not be accepted?
It should be fine. It should also be fine (and in my view preferable) if just in English. Make sure to include some contact details. (Obviously the people signing should know the content and the content be truthful.)

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Dear Members,
Looking for some guidance w.r.t. spousal sponsorship. I recently came back to Canada as PR and while settling I have also been preparing spousal sponsorship documents (Outland). Since I did not have any employment here in Canada, I was working toward submitting a LOE and bank statements to show I can support financially. But I have now received an employment offer and was wondering if this will require another LOE to mention that I have a job and xxx amount of salary to support my spouse and dependent child?

Any guidance and template/format for the letter is welcome. Thanks.
Have you submitted the app yet? If so then wait for AOR and send it as a web form. There is no specific earnings requirement to sponsor a spouse as long as you can show that you can provide for them in Canada which you said you have already done.

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Can someone please let me know what should I do?

I am going to send the application package using Xpresspost (Canada Post) (Family Class, spouse outside canada)

Should I use the mailing address or the courier address?

Is Xpresspost a courier service?

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019

I am going to send the application package using Xpresspost (Canada Post) (Family Class, spouse outside canada)

I used xpresspost too but sent it to the mailing address not the courier address.

frange

May 25, 2018

You already ask that question on another post.

1- Mailing address---- Deliver directly to the office ... Dorchester street
2- Courier address--- Deliver to a box or a postal case then transfer to the office

You can use either one Xpress or regular but I prefer the mailing address .
The only thing is to choose the mailing address, tracking option and a proof of delivery. So that , you can follow your package via post Canada website. Once destination reached, a signature with the name of the receiver will be uploaded as well.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone, I need a piece of advice please help me if you guys could. This profile is for my girlfriend who is back in India and am in Canada as a PERMANENT RESIDENT.
My Girlfriend has applied for a study permit and got refused 2 times. I am thinking of going back home and marrying her and get a spousal visa. Or she can apply for an Open work permit after marriage? Please help me or give me direction.

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Type - Spousal sponsorship.
Posted by - Sponsor.

01-JUL-2020 App received.
25-NOV-2020 Bio requested, Medival Req, AOR, SA.
28-NOV-2020 Medicals submitted.
02-DEC-2020 Request for additional medicals test.
07-DEC-2020 Gave Sputum tests etc.
12-DEC-2020 File moved to Ottawa VO.
24-DEC-2020 Submitted Biometrics.
26-FEB-2021 Gave medical tests again.
25-MAR-2021 Medicals passed.
08-APR-2021 Decision Made.
20-APR-2021 PPR received.

Currently all 2-way pickup courier services by VFS and Canadian High commission is closed in India due to on-going Covid situations. On the last stretch and still have to wait. Such an exhausting journey.

Reactions: ricky.lambton

ki2_2019

Dec 1, 2019
Hi All.. I am new to this thread and I have a clarification (sorry if this has been asked here already). What is the mandatory timeline after which I can apply for spousal sponsorship upon my first arrival to Canada as a PR ? Thanks in advance!
@legalfalcon If you could help, that would be great. Thanks a lot

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All.. I am new to this thread and I have a clarification (sorry if this has been asked here already). What is the mandatory timeline after which I can apply for spousal sponsorship upon my first arrival to Canada as a PR ? Thanks in advance!
@legalfalcon If you could help, that would be great. Thanks a lot
Literally it can be the next day after landing, i.e. there's no 'minimum residency period' after landing/before sponsorship.

But: details matter. For a PR who had declared spouse as unaccompanying, no issue - but sponsoring a spouse who was not declared will not be possible. There are some other important factors as well (eg must be a resident of Canada throughout the process).

So it may help if you give some more details - but there's no 'mandatory timeline' and time elapsed since landing itself or per se is not a factor.

Reactions: ki2_2019