+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Cinderella_2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
My application was sent on November 30, 2020 and I’m still waiting for my AOR A lot of people
on November 30 as looking on the spreadsheet they have got there a AOR

hoovers

May 2, 2017
Hi everyone!
so, we had just sent the application (Feb 2021 OUTLAND) and only now realized that we missed reading the part of the guideline that says to keep all the barcode pages (IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms) on top of the application.

We sent the application in the following order:
  1. Checklist
  2. Documents
  3. Supporting documents
Will this be a problem??

Will they return our application? Delay it? Decline it?
Please can you share the correct order of sending the forms? I'm in the middle of submitting my Spouse application and your information would be helpful. Please kindly help

sam9899

Feb 15, 2021
Hi All,

Our application was received on Jan 08, 2021 (Outland). My wife (principal applicant) received the Biometrics request today, Feb. 22, 2021.

We did not receive the AOR yet, which I thought was the first step? Can someone please advise the process after giving the Biometrics?

Thanks.

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hi All,

Our application was received on Jan 08, 2021 (Outland). My wife (principal applicant) received the Biometrics request today, Feb. 22, 2021.

We did not receive the AOR yet, which I thought was the first step? Can someone please advise the process after giving the Biometrics?

Thanks.
Wow you got BIL within 2 months. Unbelievable. I got the AOR few days after BIL came in.

Somi100

Apr 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I am here in Canada as a tourist. My husband is a PR. I am going to apply Spousal PR/sponsorship(inland). But I am stuck at the PCC part in the process. I would appreciate this groups help here please:

For applying for PR, i first need to get Police clearance certificate form India. As we are based out of Alberta my CGI is Vancouver ( basis the BLS website). I have three concerns here.
a) My permanent address as mentioned on the passport and my current address in India are different as my parents recently shifted to anther house. I don't have any address proof of that place. How should i go about this? Would there be a problem?
b) The other concern is that CGI Vancouver states that- Those on tourist visa can't apply for PCC. The proof of status in Canada should be wither work permit or study permit. I don't have either.
c) They need proof of address in Canada. Since i have just come here and am on Tourist visa right now, i don't have any proof of address. I went to get added in my husband's bank account thinking that may help, but the bank says they can't do it as I am tourist visa. So how can I have an address proof here? Please advise.

After I get the PCC sorted, I will get into filling the application form and applying for Open Work Permit simultaneously. I will seek the groups expertise at that time. Looking forward to responses. Thanks a lot

Bezhan

Apr 20, 2015
Hello,
I just got my PR in Canada. I was asked to submit my spouse's sponsorship application and police certificate to london visa office. I submitted the application via webforms January 8th 2021. Received a confirmation email on the 18th. I also mailed the physical copy of the application which arrived at London Visa office on the January 21th (based on Canada post tracker). No confirmation on that yet.

I am unable to find the application online to link it to my CIC account. I was told that i won't be able to link it to my online account until the processing starts. How do i know that they have started processing the application? Do i get an email from london visa office? or should i just trying linking the application every couple of days, until it works?

Vauguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hello , am planning to apply for spousal sponsorship for my 2nd wife. The previous sponsorship question is where am stuck and need expert help here. Back in 2005 me and my ex were on wp here in canada and got PR under CEC, me as principal applicant. Now am a canadian citizen.Does this mean my ex was sponsored by me?

Jfor Jayant

Jun 12, 2018
My wife's Outland sponsorship application is under process. I anticipate 3-4 months for the final PPR. I am planning to apply for her TRV since her medical and biometric are done for PR and she is exempt from that while applying for PR.
Questions-
1. When her PR application is approved and she receives PPR, do we have to submit the passport in the country of application (India)? or we can submit in Canada while she is here on TRV?
2. How long does it takes to get TRV in the recent scenario?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Can I track my status of application with out AOR?
I don't think so. You could try if the principal applicant has a Unique Client Identifier for another reason or you can try your receipt number or you can try your temporary file number, if you get given one, with the XF or just the F at the beginning of the number.