+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Namtu

Nov 30, 2020
If you are referring to that progress bar at the top, it is quite normal. It disappears and appears from time to time. Also, it just shows how much of your 6 month standard processing timeline has passed. Not a real indicator of your application's progress
Thank you !!

HardyLaxsmi

Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone..u just wondering to ask all of you if have the same situation with me accordingly sponsorship for family's.
I received AOR on 16 of January 2020 after sent waiting since August 8 ,2020 and 2 weeks later 1 February 2021 . I received another letter that I'm eligible for sponsor my family ( I hold PR since 2017).

Applying inland and my family's staying in Indonesia . How long does take request medical check up or Biometric after that ?

The immigration said my family application forward to VIsa Office in Singapore.
Iam married and all documents are genuine ( proof) from pictures, emails, WhatsApp conversions, bills receipt when I sent money from Canada to Indonesia and married certificates. Do you think my wife will have interview ?? One day ??

Please share any experience if you have one. Lot of thanks....wish Al the best and get good news from immigration and reunited with our family here ..

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
hi guys! just wondering I'm planning to submit inland spouse sponsorship do we need to apply for extension if we submit spouse sponsorship before 6 months since my fiancé arrived last January 2021 our wedding is this coming march

thanks in advance!

argenpeg

Jan 5, 2021
Hi There

In the application to sponsor form , I forgot to add employer information (address, phone, etc). I only put the company name. will they return my application ?

Cue_147

May 6, 2015
Hi All, hope everyone is keeping well.
I would just like some help regarding Spouse Application from U.K.

My wife is a Canadian citizen and we’ve been living together in U.K. for 6 years and got married 2018 in Toronto so all the documentation needed shouldn’t be a problem.
The problem is her VISA for the U.K. runs out early 2022 and we would to move once this runs out... so when would be the best time to start the application as I heard once my PR is accepted we need to move ASAP as part of the approval process.
Also, I can’t get the checklist save down to my computer it comes up with a Adobe error is this my end or the site.

Thanks in advance.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone..u just wondering to ask all of you if have the same situation with me accordingly sponsorship for family's.
I received AOR on 16 of January 2020 after sent waiting since August 8 ,2020 and 2 weeks later 1 February 2021 . I received another letter that I'm eligible for sponsor my family ( I hold PR since 2017).

Applying inland and my family's staying in Indonesia . How long does take request medical check up or Biometric after that ?

The immigration said my family application forward to VIsa Office in Singapore.
Iam married and all documents are genuine ( proof) from pictures, emails, WhatsApp conversions, bills receipt when I sent money from Canada to Indonesia and married certificates. Do you think my wife will have interview ?? One day ??

Please share any experience if you have one. Lot of thanks....wish Al the best and get good news from immigration and reunited with our family here ..
If you are here and your family is there you have to apply outland and that is probably what you did if you have SA. Med's and biometrics should come soon. Everybody thinks their proof of marriage and relationship is genuine, that is up to the case officer to decide. No idea about the interview, generally only requested if they have doubts about the genuineness of the marriage.

You didn't mention how long you have been married, any kids, how long have you spent together since marriage. these are all things that are taken into consideration. Give us more info and we can give you more feedback.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Now is the time. When it comes up with the error then select to download it, then you can fill it out. Unfortunately a problem they have yet to fix.

jayakrishna

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
I have applied PR for my whole family (Myself+wife + Kid). We all got PR with an expiry in August 2019. I have made my first landing in Feb 2019 and living in Canada .my spouse and kid could not able to make their first landing within the PR expiry. So what will be the solution that should go with now in order to get them here? should I start applying for spousal sponsorship? If I do so, should we need to mention the UCI of expired PR while filling the application(or) leave it blank? Let me know for any details required.

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Hi, I have a question about spousal sponsorship. I would like to sponsor my husband. I am PR and I have applied for citizenship more than a year ago and I am still waiting for my citizenship application to be finalized. My spouse was a PR but because he did not fulfill residency obligation after his PR was expired in April 2018 (outside Canada) he could not travel to Canada and in Sept 2020 his PRTD was rejected and his PR was revoked.

We (my spouse and myself) came to Canada under family sponsorship. Our daughter sponsored us.

Now my question is, can I apply for sponsoring my spouse under spousal sponsorship? Or because my spouse was obtained PR under family sponsorship (Our daughter sponsored us) and then lost his residency, he can not be sponsored again?

Thanks

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi, I have a question about spousal sponsorship. I would like to sponsor my husband. I am PR and I have applied for citizenship more than a year ago and I am still waiting for my citizenship application to be finalized. My spouse was a PR but because he did not fulfill residency obligation after his PR was expired in April 2018 (outside Canada) he could not travel to Canada and in Sept 2020 his PRTD was rejected and his PR was revoked.

We (my spouse and myself) came to Canada under family sponsorship. Our daughter sponsored us.

Now my question is, can I apply for sponsoring my spouse under spousal sponsorship? Or because my spouse was obtained PR under family sponsorship (Our daughter sponsored us) and then lost his residency, he can not be sponsored again?

Thanks
If you are still PR and legally meet all the PR obligations ( keep it in good standing), YES you can sponsor him again. But he has to officially renounce to his PR even his PRTD was rejected. Once everything is done, then you can sponsor him again.

Reactions: mahbubeh

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
If you are still PR and legally meet all the PR obligations ( keep it in good standing), YES you can sponsor him again. But he has to officially renounce to his PR even his PRTD was rejected. Once everything is done, then you can sponsor him again.
Thank you Frange for responding to my question.

The rejection email that we received had the following text in it :

"Should you choose not to submit an appeal of this decision to the Immigration Appeal Division in Canada, this decision concerning your non-compliance with the residency obligation under section 28 of the Act will become a final determination of your residency status. You will be considered to have lost your status as a permanent resident of Canada, in accordance with paragraph 46(1)(b). You will not be allowed to enter Canada as a permanent resident, in accordance with subsection 19(2). You would have to meet all regular entry requirements for a foreign national, including obtaining a temporary resident visa or electronic travel authorization, if required. "

My understanding was that because we did not appeal and appeal deadline has already passed then there is no need to renounce separately as there is nothing to renounce.
In this COVID time everything is super slow and I have prepared most of the spousal application so I prefer not to have to wait for a renounce process which may take months if not more.
If we (my spouse) still have to officially renounce, at what stage he should do this? Before submitting the application for spousal sponsorship or it can be done at the same time?

Thanks

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you Frange for responding to my question.

The rejection email that we received had the following text in it :

"Should you choose not to submit an appeal of this decision to the Immigration Appeal Division in Canada, this decision concerning your non-compliance with the residency obligation under section 28 of the Act will become a final determination of your residency status. You will be considered to have lost your status as a permanent resident of Canada, in accordance with paragraph 46(1)(b). You will not be allowed to enter Canada as a permanent resident, in accordance with subsection 19(2). You would have to meet all regular entry requirements for a foreign national, including obtaining a temporary resident visa or electronic travel authorization, if required. "

My understanding was that because we did not appeal and appeal deadline has already passed then there is no need to renounce separately as there is nothing to renounce.
In this COVID time everything is super slow and I have prepared most of the spousal application so I prefer not to have to wait for a renounce process which may take months if not more.
If we (my spouse) still have to officially renounce, at what stage he should do this? Before submitting the application for spousal sponsorship or it can be done at the same time?

Thanks
As you said, he is no longer a PR so there is nothing to renounce.

Reactions: mahbubeh