+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hello, I became PR in sep 2020 and got merried in dec 2020. Im preparing spousal sponsorship outland application for my wife.I have came to one confusion hope someone could help me.

In document checklist there is very first option to answer No or Yes. They have asked to sponsor that : "the person im sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was alredy examined as a non-accompanying dependent when i applied for a PR visa and didnt receive an immigrant visa.(Note: if you have never applied for PR visa answer no.) "

so, here is my question. I got married after PR visa so obviously answer will not be "Yes". however, i didnt understand What they mean by( " if you have never applied for PR visa answer No"). So here are they talking about PR visa for my spouse or my shelf? I applied PR visa for my shelf only not for my wife.

So, should i answer option "No" or leave that question as it is? Please guid me.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello, I became PR in sep 2020 and got merried in dec 2020. Im preparing spousal sponsorship outland application for my wife.I have came to one confusion hope someone could help me.

In document checklist there is very first option to answer No or Yes. They have asked to sponsor that : "the person im sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was alredy examined as a non-accompanying dependent when i applied for a PR visa and didnt receive an immigrant visa.(Note: if you have never applied for PR visa answer no.) "

so, here is my question. I got married after PR visa so obviously answer will not be "Yes". however, i didnt understand What they mean by( " if you have never applied for PR visa answer No"). So here are they talking about PR visa for my spouse or my shelf? I applied PR visa for my shelf only not for my wife.

So, should i answer option "No" or leave that question as it is? Please guid me.
They are asking about PR visa for your wife.

Reactions: pat40

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Reactions: pat40 and singleman

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hi is the rule for hotel booking for new comers are also applicable for new permanent residents? It also costs 2000 cad which is expensive for many of us. If anyone knows the accurate information please share

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
It says "all" incoming travellers. More details are awaited
Also, a lot of articles online state it might only apply to "returning travellers" to Canada. So we have to wait for clear instructions from the government as its just been 2 days since the announcement. Hope they take off this requirement for the new arrivals.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Also, a lot of articles online state it might only apply to "returning travellers" to Canada. So we have to wait for clear instructions from the government as its just been 2 days since the announcement. Hope they take off this requirement for the new arrivals.
That's right, the press started out as "returning Canadians", then their tone changed to "all" and then an official news release appeared that says "all air travellers arriving in Canada, with very limited exceptions"

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys ,

I have mentioned my wife's surname and given name <her surname> <her given name> as per the passport in all the forms that we have filled and every where her name is the same .But in the Marriage Certificate its mentioned like "I here by certify that smt <my surname><her given name> maiden name <her surname> <her given name> appeared before marriage registrar "...so now will this be a conflicting scenario ..

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hello Guys ,

I have mentioned my wife's surname and given name <her surname> <her given name> as per the passport in all the forms that we have filled and every where her name is the same .But in the Marriage Certificate its mentioned like "I here by certify that smt <my surname><her given name> maiden name <her surname> <her given name> appeared before marriage registrar "...so now will this be a conflicting scenario ..
Her name should match with what is in her passport. If your spouse changed her maiden name after marriage it should be supported by an affidavit and the change should reflect in all identity docs. Looks like this is not the case, so the marriage certificate has to be corrected.

Reactions: anil918918

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Guys ,

I am not certain I understood what you wrote above, but if you're saying the form is specific that her maiden name was X and now is Y, you may be fine - I assume the passport is from before the date of marriage. You may wish to clarify this in a letter of explanation.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
I am not certain I understood what you wrote above, but if you're saying the form is specific that her maiden name was X and now is Y, you may be fine - I assume the passport is from before the date of marriage. You may wish to clarify this in a letter of explanation.
yes the marriage certificate says her surname is Y and before marriage its X .but she doesn't wish to change her surname so all her documents are with surname X even in the passport which was applied after marriage. So i filled her surname as X in all IMM forms . wondering if letter of explanation will suffice.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
yes the marriage certificate says her surname is Y and before marriage its X (this is default format of marriage certificate in my state) .but she doesn't wish to change her surname so all her documents are with surname X even in the passport which was applied after marriage. So i filled her surname as X in all IMM forms . wondering if letter of explanation will suffice.