+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
can sponsor leave canada for outland sponsorship file after getting Aor?
PR or citizen?

PRs must be resident in Canada to sponsor, throughout the sponsorship process. They can leave for short trips (roughly, less than a month). It is not clear how strictly IRCC enforces this - but there is the risk that IRCC could decide at any time that the sponsor is ineligible.

Nov 14, 2020
PR or citizen?

PRs must be resident in Canada to sponsor, throughout the sponsorship process. They can leave for short trips (roughly, less than a month). It is not clear how strictly IRCC enforces this - but there is the risk that IRCC could decide at any time that the sponsor is ineligible.
He is PR and applied for citizenship.

manavg91

Sep 3, 2018
Are you a Canadian citizen or PR? Have you been living in Canada yet (have you 'landed' / when did you become a PR)? When did you get married?

I suggest you read and look at the application materials and forms yourself, and double and triple-check what the agent is doing and filing.

I may be missing something here but there should be no need for a tenancy agreement or utility bill in Canada for a sponsor. (There could be a circumstance but I can't think of one offhand).

Point being: if your agent makes mistakes or other statements that are wrong or untrue, the responsibility is all yours.
Hi. I am a PR and got my card somewhere around June 2019 after my "soft landing". We got married in November 2019. Now I am planning to return by next month and then filing the application for my spouse. I will already submit a Canadian Bank Statement as a proof of residential address but the agent insisted on a tenancy agreement and a utility bill as a fail safe.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. I am a PR and got my card somewhere around June 2019 after my "soft landing". We got married in November 2019. Now I am planning to return by next month and then filing the application for my spouse. I will already submit a Canadian Bank Statement as a proof of residential address but the agent insisted on a tenancy agreement and a utility bill as a fail safe.
I suggest you check the application package yourself - where is the requirement for 'proof of residential address?'

I have my doubts that your agent knows what he/she is doing. But perhaps the requirement is there and I didn't notice.

manavg91

Sep 3, 2018
I suggest you check the application package yourself - where is the requirement for 'proof of residential address?'

I have my doubts that your agent knows what he/she is doing. But perhaps the requirement is there and I didn't notice.
Okay Thanks. I'll have a look.

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
application for Permanent Residence changed from application received to in process so we will have the per arrival now? or we will have it when the status changes to DECISION MADE?

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
so my file transferred to HK and the status changed from in process to application received and after one month changed to in process. my PR in lebanon but we got transferred to china. so during the processing and background check do they need to contact the county where my wife’s living? or ones they have everything no need. cuz lebanon having lockdown

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
so my file transferred to HK and the status changed from in process to application received and after one month changed to in process. my PR in lebanon but we got transferred to china. so during the processing and background check do they need to contact the county where my wife’s living? or ones they have everything no need. cuz lebanon having lockdown
Probably not, at least until passport request.

Reactions: Aya Alhosni

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys ,

I am applying spousal sponsorship for my wife (outland ) and we have our wedding invitation which has 2 pages one page in English and one page in Hindi so now do i have to get that page translated too .The english part is basically having same info as the Hindi part .

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I have a somehow dumb question. How does the Approved in Principle Letter looks like?

I got Elegibility Passed and Sponsors Approval already

Becoming

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
App. Filed.......
02-12-2021
AOR Received.
03-03-2-22
Can someone tell me how you guys get the proof of contact (social media conversation)?