+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. I am presently in process to file an Outland Family Class application for my wife. In the checklist provided to be by my agent, it asks for a Tenancy agreement and a Utility Bill.
I am moving to Canada in a month's time and will be staying there with a friend of mine in his rented space. How can I arrange a tenancy agreement in that case?
Also, will a bank statement be enough for an address proof or do I need a separate Utility Bill in which case what all qualifies as one?
Are you a Canadian citizen or PR? Have you been living in Canada yet (have you 'landed' / when did you become a PR)? When did you get married?

I suggest you read and look at the application materials and forms yourself, and double and triple-check what the agent is doing and filing.

I may be missing something here but there should be no need for a tenancy agreement or utility bill in Canada for a sponsor. (There could be a circumstance but I can't think of one offhand).

Point being: if your agent makes mistakes or other statements that are wrong or untrue, the responsibility is all yours.

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
Hi all,

I'm a PR holder. And recently applied for outland sponsorship program. SO in Extended family form, we forgot to mention the country name. Reading from some of the discussion, application are getting returned. We have applied it first week of November. Aren't we supposed to get back our application by now? or Is there a way to rectify this mistake?

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Be careful to select which package is right for you
Inland Sponsorship = your spouse and you live in Canada
Outland Sponsorship = your spouse live outside Canada.
There's also the third option, Outland with spouse living inside Canada.

AVI1313

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
Hi All.

I just submitted an application to sponsor my wife.
I am realising that I did not write her name (by hand) in the space provided in the final portion of the IMM 0008 where it asks for her consent to release information to the province for purposes of immigration .
Could this error cause the submission to be rejected?
Do i need to correct it,, ? or it's not decisive .?
yes there are chances of rejection, they'll treat it as incomplete

Sharanyaa

May 15, 2020
yes there are chances of rejection, they'll treat it as incomplete
There are chances they might sent it back as incomplete. But you can try to call or ask them through webform enquiry. It will take around 3 months to receive AOR, so if u think your file is incomplete better to withdraw and begin a new one.so I you wouldn't need to wait for another 3 months. But I suggest u to call them first.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
There's also the third option, Outland with spouse living inside Canada.
In checklist packages, there's no third option. You may say that you chose Outland Sponsorship and your spouse(applicant) may travel to/stay in Canada or any where else

Elissa EB

Nov 14, 2020
Hello Folks!

I'm planning to sponsor my Husband, I got all the required forms ready but my question is: what else except the forms do we need to include with our application? Pictures? Birth Certificates? Police Certificates? I really don't know and it's not mentioned with the checklist!

I need your assistance please, and thanks in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Folks!

I'm planning to sponsor my Husband, I got all the required forms ready but my question is: what else except the forms do we need to include with our application? Pictures? Birth Certificates? Police Certificates? I really don't know and it's not mentioned with the checklist!

I need your assistance please, and thanks in advance.
You haven't read the application package and followed the instructions fully.

Get the full application package here. Make sure to look carefully at what is required after entering country / countries information.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp