+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Meangu

Dec 29, 2019
Hello everyone, please I am a PR and I recently sent my application to sponsor my husband via courier about 4 months ago. Till now I haven’t received any confirmation from IRCC that they have received the file. Is there something I should do please ?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone, please I am a PR and I recently sent my application to sponsor my husband via courier about 4 months ago. Till now I haven’t received any confirmation from IRCC that they have received the file. Is there something I should do please ?
Only thing to do right now is call them and ask for a temporary file number to make sure it is in their system. Looking at other peoples timelines you should get AOR within the next couple of months.

Sharanyaa

May 15, 2020
You can call them or send an webform enquiry.

Papis

Jan 26, 2021
Hi All.

I just submitted an application to sponsor my wife.
I am realising that I did not write her name (by hand) in the space provided in the final portion of the IMM 0008 where it asks for her consent to release information to the province for purposes of immigration .
Could this error cause the submission to be rejected?
Do i need to correct it,, ? or it's not decisive .?

JKHK

Oct 6, 2020
Right now I would say just wait, give it another month. Your app being sent to Ottawa is a good sign, they seem to be processing apps quickly, when did they transfer it to Ottawa? Pre-arrival is an invitation to make use of free services provided by IRCC regarding moving to Canada, settling, finding a job etc. It is generally considered on the forum here that the application is pretty much complete. After that comes DM(decision made) and then PPR(passport request), then start packing your bags.
Thanks
Transfer to Ottawa was December 23rd.

JDhaami

Jan 27, 2021
Hiii
Please help me if anybody can
I had given my biometrics few days back ... i am not having access to GC key .. as its with my representative.cantcontact representative because i m in india .. how will i be able to know that my biometrics are updated ? Any other option ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hiii
Please help me if anybody can
I had given my biometrics few days back ... i am not having access to GC key .. as its with my representative.cantcontact representative because i m in india .. how will i be able to know that my biometrics are updated ? Any other option ?
Well you can ask your rep to check. But honestly, wouldn't worry too much about it, unless biometrics were holding up your PPR or something - they work in parallel and the biometrics update process has been probably the most consistent even during covid. (I mean once biometrics given, they get updated and matched in due course, and fairly quickly; I haven't seen many reports of serious issues)

JDhaami

Jan 27, 2021
Well you can ask your rep to check. But honestly, wouldn't worry too much about it, unless biometrics were holding up your PPR or something - they work in parallel and the biometrics update process has been probably the most consistent even during covid. (I mean once biometrics given, they get updated and matched in due course, and fairly quickly; I haven't seen many reports of serious issues)
Ohkk thankx ☺

manavg91

Sep 3, 2018
Hi. I am presently in process to file an Outland Family Class application for my wife. In the checklist provided to be by my agent, it asks for a Tenancy agreement and a Utility Bill.
I am moving to Canada in a month's time and will be staying there with a friend of mine in his rented space. How can I arrange a tenancy agreement in that case?
Also, will a bank statement be enough for an address proof or do I need a separate Utility Bill in which case what all qualifies as one?

Thanks in Advance!

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi. I am presently in process to file an Outland Family Class application for my wife. In the checklist provided to be by my agent, it asks for a Tenancy agreement and a Utility Bill.
I am moving to Canada in a month's time and will be staying there with a friend of mine in his rented space. How can I arrange a tenancy agreement in that case?
Also, will a bank statement be enough for an address proof or do I need a separate Utility Bill in which case what all qualifies as one?

Thanks in Advance!
You can ask your friend/his landlord write a letter for you as sublet renting , instead of Utility bill, you can have your phone number bill

Last edited:

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I am a PR and recently traveled to my home country to get married. Now I'm back in Canada and would like to apply for my spouse. I have a few questions:

1. As a sponsor I have to submit all the documents to the Case Processing Centre from inside Canada, right?
2. If the above answer is yes, then my spouse back in my home country needs to sign the necessary forms and send all the documents to me here in Canada via DHL, FedEx etc, right?
3. Does the address have to match in my and my spouse's passport?
4. My spouse is going to apply for her first passport, so she will have my name in the spouse's section. Can that be used as one of the pieces of evidence to prove our relationship?
5. My passport is going to expire, so I will also have it renewed and will add my wife's name in my passport. That can be used as evidence as well, right?
6. Should the applicant's birth certificate be notarized?
7. Should our marriage certificate be notarized?
8. I can provide our wedding pictures, photos from our honeymoon and other places, messenger conversations, social media posts, life event posts showing my friends and families' acknowledgment of our marriage. Are these enough as proofs?
9. My spouse still lives in her parent's house, is that a problem since I am here in Canada?
10. Since I don't have any employment or insurance benefit document with my spouse's name on it, or no documents for financial support and we did not live in the past, as we just got married 3 weeks ago, do I need to provide any documents for this section?

It will be really helpful if someone can answer these questions. Thanks
Be careful to select which package is right for you
Inland Sponsorship = your spouse and you live in Canada
Outland Sponsorship = your spouse live outside Canada.