+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
YES my wife had to fill it out even if she has no travel history. So don't forget this as it falls in country specific too
Thank You . Yes my wife filled it out though she has no travel history just checked the did not travel box. And am not filling anything in spouse travel history as am already the sponsor and a Permanent Resident . i hope that's ok .

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank You . Yes my wife filled it out though she has no travel history just checked the did not travel box. And am not filling anything in spouse travel history as am already the sponsor and a Permanent Resident . i hope that's ok .
Yeah that's OK like that

eileen444

Jan 16, 2021
1] They mean if you modify a form with postal code signatures should be valid and it is my suggestion here you re-fill all forms as a new applicant as you are thrown at the very END of big LINE UP ANYWAYS!
2] no older PCC should be fine
3]older pics should not be too old; say more than 3 months if yes then u must use same pic but have the studio write new dates or stamped with it
4] no she doesn't have to re-translate
Hope it is satisfactory:)
1] They mean if you modify a form with postal code signatures should be valid and it is my suggestion here you re-fill all forms as a new applicant as you are thrown at the very END of big LINE UP ANYWAYS!
3]older pics should not be too old; say more than 3 months if yes then u must use same pic but have the studio write new dates or stamped with it
Thank you very much for your reply and guidance.
I have one more question, regarding the police certificate;
While I had sent my application we have moved to another province, is there any need to get a police certificate from the new province? or when you get a police certificate from one province it covers allover canada

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Quick question for IMM5532, "Have you visited each other during a relationship" I went to India from Canada 3 times, and every time me and my wife spend time together although we stayed at our respective houses and this time when I went to India, I got married to her and we stayed together for one month. What all details I shall put in to support the above question. Please assist here as I am quite confused.
Do I need to divide my trip for the first 10 days out of 40 we stayed at our respective home and for 30 days we stayed together. For Proof, We have a National Identity document bearing the same address.
Also, the address on my passport is different from the national identity documents as my parents moved to a new house recently, and in India, I was not having sufficient time to get my passport renewed. However, my wife got her passport renewed with our new house's address.
May explain almost as you wrote here in the specific columns of 5532. It is always better to write more details so they are much clear about the file. Even if you copy+paste 90% as written above it should work.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys,

Am stuck on Address History of past 5 years on IMM5532 .
i am a permanent resident and have been living in canada for 3 yeras now and i have a Canada address for all these years but i have visited my home in India for 1 month in 2018 and 2019 and 8 months in 2020 .So should i mention those time periods as well ??

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello Guys,

Am stuck on Address History of past 5 years on IMM5532 .
i am a permanent resident and have been living in canada for 3 yeras now and i have a Canada address for all these years but i have visited my home in India for 1 month in 2018 and 2019 and 8 months in 2020 .So should i mention those time periods as well ??
Visits can be ignored, they aren't fussy about 1-2-3 months . Yes over 6 months visit can be included .

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank you very much for your reply and guidance.
I have one more question, regarding the police certificate;
While I had sent my application we have moved to another province, is there any need to get a police certificate from the new province? or when you get a police certificate from one province it covers allover canada
May phone RCMP too but PCC should be OK there too, if they have issue on it they will ask you to upload

Reactions: eileen444

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank You very much . I will go ahead and mention the 8 month visit to India .
But on the other side if sponsor made visits to applicant it should be a +VE in the file for genuine relationship. I am planning to go for 2 months too this year.

Reactions: anil918918

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi, I am PR holder right now in india came to get married and i am planning to sponsor my wife. Due to covid i have postponed my travel to canada. Can i fill and send all the forms from India ? or do i have to be in canada to process it.
Please do let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance.
As a PR you are required to be in Canada to submit your application. Obviously you can fill in the documents and bring them to Canada when you return and submit at that time.

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
Quick question. I recently got my app returned with only a few days (4 now) of visitor status left. I dont have a physical copy of my up to date visitor extension. So I cant provide proof of status.

Can I resubmit now with a letter of explaination with the approved extension number or other proof? Or is my only option a scan of the visitor record itself? In which case I'll have to wait a couple more months for my new extension IF it gets approved. Thanks.

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Preparing it for resumbmission now on the off chance I can still submit despite
Quick question. I recently got my app returned with only a few days (4 now) of visitor status left. I dont have a physical copy of my up to date visitor extension. So I cant provide proof of status.

Can I resubmit now with a letter of explaination with the approved extension number or other proof? Or is my only option a scan of the visitor record itself? In which case I'll have to wait a couple more months for my new extension IF it gets approved. Thanks.
Would a latter of explaination be sutable, or only get my app returned again?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hello. Im new here and trying to fill out form for my wife PR application. And I'm stuck at passport name changes. In india is it required to have spouce name as a middle name of my wife's passport. My name is already added on her passport as a spouce.